What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dell named on the wing against Broncos

marty_dragon

Juniors
yes i do was actually talking to a few of the fellas bout it today ...didnt he put 4 tries on us that day ???

i could be wrong ...

i like that DELL-LICIOUS!

bazookabarry

Juniors
nice to see some good publicity abt the saints for a change! go big dell! i just hope people don't expect too much for a few games.:D

grandorient

Bench
The big Dell will go alright, shame about Lett though.

I notice he is only contracted to the end of the season. Might get the sh*ts and go elsewhere unless given a fair go.

GO

Godz Illa

Coach
I'm excited about Dell, but without doubt the best thing that happened to Saints this week was Kurt Gidley's NSW selection. Hornby is a key player for us, the last month he has been terrific. And with him on NSW duty we might have been forced to face the gruesome spectre of a Simon Woolford recall. Thank you Daley, Bellamy and whoever the other selectors are.

The Preacher

First Grade
Hornby would've been a big loss, Godz. If anyone is going to get this backline firing on Friday night it's him.
BTW, am I correct in saying you were wearing a rather conspicuous pair of red boardies on Sunday??? Very much the casual supporter.

Godz Illa

Coach
Nah mate, I was wearing boardies but they were black. Did have a red jacket though. Topped off the ensemble with old school red-and-white-hooped Saints socks pulled all the way up. Dressed to kill.

3 weeks ago i wouldn't have cared we had nothing to loose by having him playing..

This week i wonder if he is worth the risk, 3 wins and a chance to make the 8.
I'm fine for him to be given a shot throughout origin then i'll decide if he is worthy..

PAPI

Juniors
I'm not a Dragons fan, but i just wanted to wish Big Del all the best for Fridaynight, i hope the Dragons have a win and i might even get to the TAB to get on Del for 1st Try, good luck.:)

Stagger eel

Staff member
anyone who's met Dell would tell you he's the nicest guy going around, really good to talk to and a bloke who never brush anyone for an autograph and chat.

goodluck to him.

The Preacher

First Grade
Nah mate, I was wearing boardies but they were black. Did have a red jacket though. Topped off the ensemble with old school red-and-white-hooped Saints socks pulled all the way up. Dressed to kill.

I got it "arse about" lol, I was having a durry as you came in and the socks caught my attention somewhat :shock: By the time I saw ya melon it was too late to yell out. Nice get up Godz. lol.

Tanner Ave

Juniors
Im hoping the Dell goes hard. My only concern is the way wingers play today as compaired to when he was a winger in the hey day! It's not as much about power now but speed and leaping ability! I might be wrong but can he get that big frame off the ground with any kind of agility? I mean he looks mean, Will look meaner with the V on the chest ( I hope they wear it). But if he was marking someone like Inu then could the Dell be a liability?

marty_dragon

Juniors
Im hoping the Dell goes hard. My only concern is the way wingers play today as compaired to when he was a winger in the hey day! It's not as much about power now but speed and leaping ability! I might be wrong but can he get that big frame off the ground with any kind of agility? I mean he looks mean, Will look meaner with the V on the chest ( I hope they wear it). But if he was marking someone like Inu then could the Dell be a liability?

good point! i think he will be ok though, what he lacks in ability he will make up with experience... and if he does get his hands on someone like INU he will squash em ! hahahaha:D

Tanner Ave

Juniors
He should pull the young kid over before kick and have a word to the kids:
" Boy I made this bloody team who they are, you embarass me tonight and not only will you be finished in that town, you'll be finished in every town. Then head over to his cousin and talk about blood thicker than water stuff".

Your right about smashing him, the Dell is as big as ever. He is gunna need more then one guy to stop him on their line. Fire up saints we have this!!!

Cagey Mac

Bench

Dell spent some time at fullback so he's pretty reliable under the high ball in RU too, wingers have to take high kicks on many occassions
In relation to big boys taking kicks in attack, you need look no further than Matt Mundine on Sunday fielding his own kick to score and put us back in front (what a player!!)