What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DeMerge Magpies and Tigers

siv

First Grade
Its silly that the Roosters call themselves "Sydney" despite the 8 other sydney teams. They just decided it was good branding and did it...

Just as the Sydney Tigers, Sydney Bulldogs and Sydney Bulls did also

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Just as the Sydney Tigers, Sydney Bulldogs and Sydney Bulls did also

Oh, dont get me wrong. I think "Sydney" is a ridiculously generic name and i would much prefer the Roosters went back to "Easts".

However general "West Sydney" does at least engender the East-West (Fibros v Silvertails) rivalry of Sydney. Even if "West Sydney" could mean any one of 4 teams, i doubt the Eels/Panthers/Dogs would also make the same switch.

Each will still have their own unique brand, and people would actually know where the Tigers are from...

(And, if youre worried about the whole "they think they represent all of WS, how dare they infringe of X's territory", that can only boost the rivalries between these clubs)

ashton

Juniors
Penrith (Warren Wilson and Phil Gould) registered the name Western Sydney about 3 or 4 years ago.

alien

Referee
the balmongs not wanting the words "wests" or "western suburbs" in the club's name. what a surprise!
they want it all their way (like usual), with wests paying for it all
the mooching plebs are worried about march and they want as much of balmange and the least amount of wests or magpies in it as possible
you're time is nearly up balmange
tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.. :)

Last edited:

alien

Referee
1935067_10153095352721330_7049970356899586290_n.jpg

the balmongs not wanting the words "wests" or "western suburbs" in the club's name. what a surprise!
they want it all their way (like usual), with wests paying for it all
the mooching plebs are worried about march and they want as much of balmange and the least amount of wests or magpies in it as possible
you're time is nearly up balmange
tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.. :)

f**k off Alien, I'm more than happy for the club to be called Wests, in fact I reckon the club should go back to being called Western Suburbs if they relocated to Liverpool.

I prefer the Balmain Tiger logo over the Wests Tiger. Probably because I was a Balmain supporter previously, but also because the Wests Tiger looks like a Americanised POS. Like the Bulldogs logo prior to their reversion back to their current one.

I don't want to see the Balmain crest or anything on our logo. Just "Western Suburbs Tigers" with the Balmain Tiger head.

The one thing I always thought that would look awesome is if someone could do a side on Tiger head, with a Magpie embedded in the stripes somehow. Like the HRT logo in a manner of speaking.

alien

Referee
Penrith (Warren Wilson and Phil Gould) registered the name Western Sydney about 3 or 4 years ago.

yep

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-goulds-taking-no-chances-20120517-1ytn4.html

Penrith supremo Phil Gould said the club had lodged a trademark application for ''Western Sydney Panthers'' as a ''safeguard'' for the future and has no plans to change its name. Gould revealed the club had also registered other names, including West Panthers, Western Panthers, and New West Panthers. The move ensures the club could use those names if they ever decided to expand beyond Penrith or merge with another Sydney club but Gould insisted there were no plans to do so. ''Western Sydney is a very fast growing area, it is very popular with sports and corporates and Penrith has got to look at its future, what area they represent and what club they want to be,'' Gould said. ''It is just something we discussed and we thought it was wise to register those names to ensure that if we ever chose to go that way or if ever the leaders of the club in the future chose to go that way it was available. We don't intend to use it at this time but it is there if every in the future it is needed.'' According to website Sportbizinsider.com.au, the Panthers lodged the trademark applications with IP Australian on May 7. The AFL has registered the name Western Sydney FC

alien

Referee
i think i read somewhere that if a trademark isn't used within 3 years, it can be removed from the register..

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Here's an idea

Western Magpies playing out of Perth. Black and white with a hint of old gold jerseys. New club but close link to Wests through jnrs, funding, board representation and a Sydney based membership complimenting the WA membership and transfer of historic records to new club

Then merge Roosters and Tigers. Sydney Tigers playing out of SFS. Roosters have few fans and jnrs and need a boost. Tigers are skint and need Roosters money. Then bring in the Brisbane2 club. NRL stays at 16, no more mouths to feed, Sydney gets stronger, game becomes more national and TV gets what it wants. Everyones a winner.

Not sure what a red white and blue tiger would look like though lol

I really like this Idea.

all though that would be 17 teams after bris2.
Eels and bulldogs should merge aswell
Parramatta-Bankstown Bulldogs

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

The fact that they havent changed by now tells me they probably arent planning to...

He did this as the Wanderers were being formed, so i assume he just didnt want the new WS soccer team to be called the Panthers.

(actually, there was suggesting that the Panthers Club would buy the Wanderers and play them out at Penrith. So maybe they WANTED the soccer team called the Panthers)

Pommy

Coach
The fact that they havent changed by now tells me they probably arent planning to...

He did this as the Wanderers were being formed, so i assume he just didnt want the new WS soccer team to be called the Panthers.

(actually, there was suggesting that the Panthers Club would buy the Wanderers and play them out at Penrith. So maybe they WANTED the soccer team called the Panthers)

It seems like a good idea for the Panthers brand. But it wouldn't endear itself to fans of both sports who support say Paramatta of Wests etc.

Quidgybo

Bench
6 weeks till March

Interesting times ahead for this merger
Interesting times for the back office administration and boardroom. But no more effect for the on field brand than the Penn/Delmege battles had for the Sea Eagles on field brand. The on field brand built over the last fifteen years and the fans who have united behind that brand is the value in the business. The club will fold and the license be relocated before the brand changes again. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves. It's literally Wests Tigers or bust. Live with it.

Leigh.

alien

Referee
Interesting times for the back office administration and boardroom. But no more effect for the on field brand than the Penn/Delmege battles had for the Sea Eagles on field brand. The on field brand built over the last fifteen years and the fans who have united behind that brand is the value in the business. The club will fold and the license be relocated before the brand changes again. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves. It's literally Wests Tigers or bust. Live with it.

Leigh.

yep the club will fold and the license will be relocated from camp concord to camp cambo (or camp livo), home of the future macarthur-liverpool magpies! you know it makes sense! :)

14099ol.jpg

Last edited: