What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DeMerge Magpies and Tigers

CC_Roosters

First Grade
So if paul kent is right then wests tigers will just fund the balmain junior area.

What would tigers fans like to see happen to the allocation of home games. It seems like the NRL will want to push them into one of the bigger stadia with token games at LO and campbelltown

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
So if paul kent is right then wests tigers will just fund the balmain junior area.

What would tigers fans like to see happen to the allocation of home games. It seems like the NRL will want to push them into one of the bigger stadia with token games at LO and campbelltown

Like the 6:3:3 split we already have now?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I can't believe Balmain have been in the news for 24 hours and alien hasn't commented on it. I hope he's ok. Did Krispy cremes have a sale on today?

alien

Referee
mapgies.jpg

THE MAGPIES ARE BACK!
MARCH 17, 2016

The NRL has announced the disbanding of the Wests Tigers with the Western Suburbs Magpies to enter the NRL immediately.

bf41a224880a5dc3db6b17a6b9cfde78

With Balmain in dire financial distress, the NRL has decided to cut its losses and revive the Magpies as a stand-alone club.

Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor, who scored nearly 500 points in 86 games for the Magpies from 1990 to 1993, was pivotal to the change.

“I never really liked Balmain anyway. Once a Magpie, always a Magpie! If it pisses off Farah, then that’s an added bonus,” said Taylor while lovingly ironing his old Magpies jersey.

imageMain_13_92.jpg

The rebranded West Sydney Magpies will play home games at Campbelltown Stadium, including the Tigers’ three remaining Leichhardt games). They will wear the traditional black base and two white ‘Vs’ for home games and a white base with black ‘Vs’ for away games.

Victa Mowers, who sponsored the Magpies from the late seventies to early eighties, have signed as major sponsor for the 2016 Magpies.

$_90.JPG

The Magpies will make their NRL return against the Gold Coast this Saturday night, while the Wests Tigers NSW Cup team will be absorbed into the Wentworthville Magpies club.

The NRL’s resident numbers geek David Middleton laid the statistical beatdown on the Wests Tigers.

“The Tigers were f****** s***! They made the finals only three times since 2000, including the 2005 premiership. They finished 10th and under 10 times! It’s clear the Tigers are a hopeless joke. Balmain weren’t much better. Remember 1989? Who the hell thinks orange is a good colour on a footy jersey anyway?”

Tigers-blues-642-380.jpg

Current Wests Tigers members have the option to roll over their membership to the Magpies at no additional charge or to suck it up and support another club.

“If those sooky la la pussycat fans want to throw a tantrum and refuse to support our Magpies, then good riddance! Go follow GWS, I think their colours are pretty similar.” said Taylor.

NOTE: Incase you hadn’t worked it out, this is a parody article. The Wests Tigers are still alive.

http://thesportport.com.au/2016/03/17/the-magpies-are-back/

I'd much rather see us move to Liverpool full time if they ever get a 30-40K stadium there. One home, bigger stadium, roughly halfway between both areas and a growth area.

Rabbits20

Immortal
mapgies.jpg

THE MAGPIES ARE BACK!
MARCH 17, 2016

The NRL has announced the disbanding of the Wests Tigers with the Western Suburbs Magpies to enter the NRL immediately.

bf41a224880a5dc3db6b17a6b9cfde78

With Balmain in dire financial distress, the NRL has decided to cut its losses and revive the Magpies as a stand-alone club.

Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor, who scored nearly 500 points in 86 games for the Magpies from 1990 to 1993, was pivotal to the change.

?I never really liked Balmain anyway. Once a Magpie, always a Magpie! If it pisses off Farah, then that?s an added bonus,? said Taylor while lovingly ironing his old Magpies jersey.

imageMain_13_92.jpg

The rebranded West Sydney Magpies will play home games at Campbelltown Stadium, including the Tigers? three remaining Leichhardt games). They will wear the traditional black base and two white ?Vs? for home games and a white base with black ?Vs? for away games.

Victa Mowers, who sponsored the Magpies from the late seventies to early eighties, have signed as major sponsor for the 2016 Magpies.

$_90.JPG

The Magpies will make their NRL return against the Gold Coast this Saturday night, while the Wests Tigers NSW Cup team will be absorbed into the Wentworthville Magpies club.

The NRL?s resident numbers geek David Middleton laid the statistical beatdown on the Wests Tigers.

?The Tigers were f****** s***! They made the finals only three times since 2000, including the 2005 premiership. They finished 10th and under 10 times! It?s clear the Tigers are a hopeless joke. Balmain weren?t much better. Remember 1989? Who the hell thinks orange is a good colour on a footy jersey anyway??

Tigers-blues-642-380.jpg

Current Wests Tigers members have the option to roll over their membership to the Magpies at no additional charge or to suck it up and support another club.

?If those sooky la la pussycat fans want to throw a tantrum and refuse to support our Magpies, then good riddance! Go follow GWS, I think their colours are pretty similar.? said Taylor.

NOTE: Incase you hadn?t worked it out, this is a parody article. The Wests Tigers are still alive.

http://thesportport.com.au/2016/03/17/the-magpies-are-back/

I didn't read the last line alien

You got me good mate. Lol

flippikat

First Grade
What if the NRL sells the Titans to the Bears, and they get rebranded as Gold Coast Bears in red & black, then the NRL says to Sydney Roosters (maybe after a couple of lean Roosters seasons) "Look, you have Wyong as feeder club - how about moving your first grade team to Gosford? We'll make it worth your while"

Then if the Roosters knock that back, the NRL turns to the Tigers with a similar proposal to move to Gosford?

Thoughts?

alien

Referee
What if the NRL sells the Titans to the Bears, and they get rebranded as Gold Coast Bears in red & black, then the NRL says to Sydney Roosters (maybe after a couple of lean Roosters seasons) "Look, you have Wyong as feeder club - how about moving your first grade team to Gosford? We'll make it worth your while"

Then if the Roosters knock that back, the NRL turns to the Tigers with a similar proposal to move to Gosford?

Thoughts?

godfather harry should just buy balmain football club and come to an agreement with wests and the nrl to split the "joint venture" up, with harry's tigers becoming the central coast tigers, and western suburbs magpies can look after the liverpool macarthur region.

gold coast bears is a good idea, as long as it's the bears owning it 100% and it's a continuation of the bears' records

a second brisbane team should then come into the nrl to make it 18 teams (keep the top 8 finals)

Last edited:

flippikat

First Grade
godfather harry should just buy balmain football club and come to an agreement with wests and the nrl to split the "joint venture" up, with harry's tigers becoming the central coast tigers, and western suburbs magpies can look after the liverpool macarthur region.

gold coast bears is a good idea, as long as it's the bears owning it 100% and it's a continuation of the bears' records

a second brisbane team should then come into the nrl to make it 18 teams (keep the top 8 finals)

But that doesn't do anything to resolve the problem of an over-saturated Sydney market.

Keep the tigers as is, and move them to a solid regional base in NSW but outside Sydney, and you ease some of that imbalance in the competition. I'd also like to see the Dragons move most, if not all, home games to Woolongong in the long run too, for exactly the same reason.

BuffaloRules

Coach
But that doesn't do anything to resolve the problem of an over-saturated Sydney market.

Keep the tigers as is, and move them to a solid regional base in NSW but outside Sydney, and you ease some of that imbalance in the competition. I'd also like to see the Dragons move most, if not all, home games to Woolongong in the long run too, for exactly the same reason.

The Wests Tigers have already done their part for Sydney rationalisation....

alien

Referee

the liverpool-macarthur area should have it's own fulltime nrl team