What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dene The Destroyer

cadburys

Juniors
I watched the recorded version of Sunday's glorious victory in bed last night with the wife and youngest sibling and revelling in the emotion of the
demolition that took place.

The best part of it apart from the final scoreline, was Dynamite Dene Halatau running straight through and over the top of Shane Walker.

My wife turned to me and said what's wrong with the souths bloke.

I turned to her and said, honey that's what you call the perfected art of running straight and hard as it's supposed to be done.

Only this time Shane Walker was in disneyland.

Way to go Dynamite.

What a talent.

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ :hitit: :hitit: :D :D :D

HOT028

Juniors
well said, this guy doesn't get a lot of mention compared to other youngsters around but it will start turning around for him, like you said he is just dynamite

simon says

First Grade
He sure is a talent.Needs to beef up if he is going to play in the back row.I hope Sheensie has him on his veggies.

But how hard and straight does he run.This kid could be a diamond.

Cheers.

Wrighty79

Juniors
Think about it MT. Sonny-Bill is playing around some top draw players, where as Halatau isn't really. Think about the impact Dene has for us, he creates our opportunities, Sonny-Bill is the recipient of the Doggies creativity.

HOT028

Juniors
i have to agree with you MT, i love the halatau but williams has so much talent its not funny maybe we could swap benji for him as they both come off contract next year and i wouldn't mind paying this guy the big money.

cadburys

Juniors
I won't get drawn into comparisons.

This is how i see it though, Williams is probably the more gifted player.

I was purely thinking along the lines of purposeful running, and especially
pound for pound, i think Dene is tremendous, imagine if he did have a bit more height.

I will agree that Williams has that offload ability in traffic down to a tee, but this is not how Dene plays the game.

I do however think that Dene would have an advantage in regards to a step or swerve, some of you may disagree however.

I took note of the dogs v panthers game last friday week, when Williams
made a break and tried to put some sort of goose step at the last line of defence, looked awkwardly ungraceful to say the least.

Anyway that's how i see it, and yes to some degree you could say that i
did get drawn into comparisons regarding this subject matter.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
I think Williams takes it. Halataus defence although strong at times, is suspect as well.

But really it doesnt matter whose better, there both going to be great in the future and we should be pleased to have one of them.

For example would you really care if Bryan Fletcher was playing for the Tigers even though Nathan Hindmarsh is better than him?

Stellar

Juniors
spot on, halatau is definately a talented player and thats all it needs to be left at he has a very good chance of making that kiwi side. He runs the ball with similar intensity to Gray Viane but even more effective. halatau definately deserves a starting spot next season.

HOT028

Juniors
i think dene is doing a better job coming from the bench, just like tallis did with st george, he could be our super sub and then make his way into the starting line up in three/four years

cadburys

Juniors
Personally speaking, i'm glad dynamite Dene plays for us, he is an essential part of our future playing structure.

The best is yet to come.

\\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/

Mighty Tiger

Bench
cadburys said:
Personally speaking, i'm glad dynamite Dene plays for us, he is an essential part of our future playing structure.

The best is yet to come.

Bloody oath he is!!!!!

I wonder what Westie is thinking about all these positive posts about Dene :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jy

Juniors
Dene has it all over Sonny Bill for the simple reasons ... He's a TIGER through and through and he's ours.

Wouldnt swap him even if we could.

westie

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
cadburys said:

The best is yet to come.

Bloody oath he is!!!!!

I wonder what Westie is thinking about all these positive posts about Dene :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm still trying to work out what you you were thinking about when you wrote that. What point are you trying to make?

If Dene can pack on a bit of weight he'll be a good player.

Juniors
I think he is a must for the Kiwis. I know he has alot of backrowers and centres to complete with but I think he would do a great job for them.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
westie said:
I'll let you quote me on that. I'll give you until tomorrow to provide one before I officially declare you an idiot.

Yeah well given its from the other forum which is shut down it will be abit hard idiot but hey I'm sure there are more than just my self who has seen them - just like the Mod from that particular forum, that isn't operating at the moment who happen to bring that up in the first instance :roll:

Sincas said:
About time I say.. agree that anyone who doesn't rate Halatau should not be starting threads like this.

westie

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
westie said:
I'll let you quote me on that. I'll give you until tomorrow to provide one before I officially declare you an idiot.

Yeah well given its from the other forum which is shut down it will be abit hard idiot but hey I'm sure there are more than just my self who has seen them - just like the Mod from that particular forum, that isn't operating at the moment who happen to bring that up in the first instance :roll:

Sincas said:
About time I say.. agree that anyone who doesn't rate Halatau should not be starting threads like this.

As, I have tryed to explain to you. The majority of my posting was done on this forum and if I had posted it any where then it would be here.

24 hours and ticking.