What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denis Fitzgerald gooses himself (again)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Newcastlerabbit said:
Fitzgerald's thinking has not progressed.;-)

either that or Beccy's gossip column hasn't progressed because her and Rothfield keep re-hashing the same crap each week...good for a laugh I guess.

eels_fan_01

Bench
eelavation said:
what Dennsi???...the bloke who runs a thriving league club and has been the longest serving CEO in the comp..that's him.

He's only a voice, he's had several strange and sometimes silly ideas about how the game should be played, but his only 1 voice and people take him too seriously. personaly I'd like to see him step a side from running our football club and concentrate on the leagues club but that's just me.

Well I'm pretty sure he was the brainchild for the National U20's comp that all but 1 club are in favour so i guess there is a good idea or 2 still in him ;-)

Yep the same guy who didnt sign Jason Taylor for Mick Hagan. :roll:

Everyone always wanted Smith out, i never wanted Smith out i always wanted bloody Fitzgerald out. Biggest wanka ever!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Guess he has to come up with something now the Victorians are making him look a total t1t!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
eels_fan_01 said:

well there are Parramatta supporters who actually support that decision...

LESStar58

Referee
Newcastlerabbit said:
Fitzgerald now wants to get rid of conversions.What will this imbo come up with next?

Old news. He came out wth this in 2004 IIRC.... about the same time as the infamous "beach volleyball in Iceland" quote....

Eelementary

Post Whore
mattyg said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't make me laugh!

:lol:

...I wasn't actually serious...

Riddell is a shocking goal-kicker. At least, he is when he plays for the Eels. Wasn't too bad at Saints.

Eelementary

Post Whore
eels_fan_01 said:

Everyone always wanted Smith out, i never wanted Smith out i always wanted bloody Fitzgerald out. Biggest wanka ever!!

Bloody hell...If Taylor is so brilliant, how come we didn't win the games we should have?

Give Hagan a fair go. It's not even 2007 yet!

league_nut

Juniors
eelavation said:
news to me...

first of all can you back up the 100 million doller claim with some evidence ?? and Parramatta won 4 premieships with Fitzy under the helm.

Fitzy was chairman of the committee that proposed the idea.

News to you.....well look and see if saints have a flegg team! Was in the paper around 4 months ago that they were pulling there side. It costs 9 million a year to run a football club . times that by 11 ( amount of years since super league and you get 99 million. Not to mention the 9 million they spent on players in 1996. Theres some evidence. Eels will fail until the golden goose is gone. Wasn't Fitzy ceo when parra was caught paying players wifes??

mattyg

Bench
Eelementary said:
...I wasn't actually serious...

Riddell is a shocking goal-kicker. At least, he is when he plays for the Eels. Wasn't too bad at Saints.

I know...

Saying that he is a world class goal kicker is something you can't possibly keep a straight face to. :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
league_nut said:
News to you.....well look and see if saints have a flegg team! Was in the paper around 4 months ago that they were pulling there side. It costs 9 million a year to run a football club . times that by 11 ( amount of years since super league and you get 99 million. Not to mention the 9 million they spent on players in 1996. Theres some evidence. Eels will fail until the golden goose is gone. Wasn't Fitzy ceo when parra was caught paying players wifes??

try again..you've got nothing.

btw, the wife [not wives] was Dallas Westons wife who was contracting her services out to the club at the time...Dallas was hardly first graders arsehole who was earning a coffee and biscuit to play for us.

hardly the sort of guy you'd rort the cap to keep :lol:

keep hating him..it obviously sooths your soul but don't spin sh*t at me because you don't know much.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
league_nut said:

f**k your stupid. If it costs 9 million a year to run a footy club that applies to all clubs you dickhead. So even Saints would've spent that much since that time:roll:.

And as for the 9 million in one year bullsh*t, it was actually 9 million over 3-4 seasons, not one year which you claim. By your rationale Parra would've been paying Dymock , Smith etc $800,000 a year?....they were hardly worth that much back then and even now. They also signed loyalty agreements with the ARL, so all Parra had to do was pop up there wages.

Players these days aren't even close to $500,000 a season apart from probably two.

league_nut

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
f**k your stupid. If it costs 9 million a year to run a footy club that applies to all clubs you dickhead. So even Saints would've spent that much since that time:roll:.

And as for the 9 million in one year bullsh*t, it was actually 9 million over 3-4 seasons, not one year which you claim. By your rationale Parra would've been paying Dymock , Smith etc $800,000 a year?....they were hardly worth that much back then and even now. They also signed loyalty agreements with the ARL, so all Parra had to do was pop up there wages.

Players these days aren't even close to $500,000 a season apart from probably two.

league_nut

Juniors
Yeah Im stupid , even the Tigers one a comp in 20 years you dick heads. 20 years of no premierships and 3 years of being competitive...good work Fitzy. Your lucky you have dumb sh*ts like this supporting your club.