What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Derby Day

Gina Minehart

Juniors
Favourite time of the year gents, heading down tomorrow

I usually grow a leg punting wise at Flemington so hope to find a few winners. There are some bloody open races though, not uber confident on much so far outside of exosphere

Tarzino at $2.20? Yeh pass...3yr olds at 2,500m is a dangerous combination. Tread carefully my friends

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I have honestly not even heard of half the donkeys in the Derby, Tarzino looks the obvious but agree wouldn't be touching it at that price.

Remember a few years ago old Manawanui looked almost a good thing on paper and then ran pretty average.

Doesn't look to be a great deal of pace in the race, they may have to ride him as the best horse to ensure he stays out of trouble. Otherwise it may be another It's a Dundeel moment where he just got too far back to win.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hopefully Tarzino's just wins, had a decent lash on it early in the spring at 9's. being out of a Zabeel mare you would think he would gobble up the 2500m

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hopefully Tarzino's just wins, had a decent lash on it early in the spring at 9's. being out of a Zabeel mare you would think he would gobble up the 2500m

Agreed, it is poison odds but his run last week screamed of a horse that wanted the wider track too. Looks an absolute beauty of a horse.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Down in Melbourne now fellas. Still convinced something in the 15-20/1 mark wins the big one

I like Eythmology, Lizard Island & Kia Ora Koutou as the most likely if Tarzino gets too far back, will probably save on Lizard Island/Eythmology just in case.

Eythmology is interesting as James McDonald has jumped on board.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Down in Melbourne now fellas. Still convinced something in the 15-20/1 mark wins the big one
A favourite hasn't won the Derby since Effcient in 2006, and he was a. Outstanding horse. Will be rovering the fav with 4 others in a first 4 and have a bit on get the picture who has been running home well.

Latest posts