What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des Hasler officially joins Canterbury-Bankstown from 2012

Doga

Juniors
Dogs Fans might be on a high now, but if and when Des starts to spit the dummy at the board and co. Or when he leaves will he attempt to destroy your team like he tried at Manly ? If i was a dogs fan i'd be more than a little worried as i dont think Des will retire at the dogs. Other clubs will come calling

Things work different at the Dogs. There is a structure in place that he will be fully aware of. there is a recruitment & retention committee that consists of the Head Coach, Recruitment Manager and a couple others.

there is no egotistical owner to get in his way and cause friction.

Talons

Juniors
Things work different at the Dogs. There is a structure in place that he will be fully aware of. there is a recruitment & retention committee that consists of the Head Coach, Recruitment Manager and a couple others.

there is no egotistical owner to get in his way and cause friction.

Not sure Kevin Moore would agree..but whatever you reckon.

Packy

Bench
FMD there is some serious sour grapes coming from some Manly supporters.

The whole situation isn't ideal for anyone (including us Dogs) but Hasler is what he is and that is a good coach. Players seem to work for him and without a misfiring board to worry about should be able to do his job well.

firechild

First Grade
but Hasler is what he is

Geez, you're already using De$$ie's lines. The amount of times I heard the "it is what it is" line through the finals series was rediculous.

and without a misfiring board to worry about should be able to do his job well.

The Canterbury club has been a basket case for a while. Securing a new coach just glosses over the failings within the club. I wonder how De$ will fare in a club where loyalty is non-existant.

dogslife

Coach
The Canterbury club has been a basket case for a while. Securing a new coach just glosses over the failings within the club. I wonder how De$ will fare in a club where loyalty is non-existant.

Say what you want about our board, but at least they're not sweating on some $6m grant that doesn't even exist yet from the independent commission. But I'm sure you're happy David Perry has been resigned for a further 3 years... Definately deserves it, hope he got a big pay rise

ceagle

Bench
Say what you want about our board, but at least they're not sweating on some $6m grant that doesn't even exist yet from the independent commission. But I'm sure you're happy David Perry has been resigned for a further 3 years... Definately deserves it, hope he got a big pay rise
Again you are making claims about the financial situation of a club you have no clue about, keep trying.

Packy

Bench
Geez, you're already using De$$ie's lines. The amount of times I heard the "it is what it is" line through the finals series was rediculous.

For what it is worth I haven't heard Hasler use that phrase. If the Dogs backroom is a basketcase then what would you label Manly's? It's been an abomination since the Merge.

I don't think that the Dogs are or have ever been perfect but we sure as shit are in a better state than Manly.

Doga

Juniors
Bulldogs boss Todd Greenberg answers critics of NRL club's conduct
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs boss Todd Greenberg answers critics of NRL club's conduct in poaching Des Hasler

BULLDOGS boss Todd Greenberg has hit back at critics who have called the Canterbury club's principles into question over their stunning poaching of former Manly premiership coach Des Hasler.

Greenberg said this morning the Dogs did nothing wrong in their negotiations with Hasler which ultimately resulted in the veteran Sea Eagles coach being sacked one season before he was due to join the Bulldogs.

Speaking on The Big Sports Breakfast on 2KY, Greenberg said Manly fans need to understand the Bulldogs do not owe them an explanation for the Sea Eagles' bungled negotiations.

"I was slightly taken back when people were criticising the fact that we didn't give Manly long enough after the grand final before we made the announcement,'' Greenberg said.

"I thought we were very respectful of Manly.

"It's not my role to worry about how long they have to celebrate a grand final win.

"I'm very comfortable with how we've acted and behaved through this process.''

With Hasler still finding his feet at the Bulldog's Belmore headquarters in just his second day in his new job as Bulldogs coach, Greenberg said Hasler need only worry about the club's football operations in a stark contradiction to his role at Manly where he was a larger-than-life figure drawn into the politics of the privatised Sea Eagles board.

Greenberg said he and Hasler have a clear understanding that one will run the football department and one will run the rest of the club's commercial operations.

"Our roles are clear,'' he said.

"There's no grey area. I suppose you could say he'll have a simpler role at the Dogs. Des wants to coach, he doesn't want to be involved in any other things.

"He's very happy to be here at Belmore.''
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ching-des-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226195188960

dogslife

Coach
Des and the board were always in each other's business as far as I'm aware (perhaps a Manly fan can correct me). Different ownership structure at the Dogs, seems to be a lot less interference at board level in footy operations, hopefully it's a peaceful partnership

firechild

First Grade
Des basically wanted to have full say of who did what and who should be employed at the club. Des told Lowe that Zorba should be sacked and then threw a tantrum when it actually happened.

Doga

Juniors
Des basically wanted to have full say of who did what and who should be employed at the club. Des told Lowe that Zorba should be sacked and then threw a tantrum when it actually happened.

The history of Manly will be written by those still at the club. the truth will be no where near there though.

oval

Juniors
I know a guy who owns a british bulldog.

When the Doggies visit Brookvale next year I'm gonna kidnap the bulldog, put a blue and white jersey on it and smuggle it into the ground. I will then position myself right in the middle of the hill, between the two opposing sets of fans.

Then, during the climax of the game, I will attract the attention of the Doggies fans, pull the bulldog out of its hiding spot, and proceed to f**k it up the ass.

Fingerbang

Bench

When the Doggies visit Brookvale next year I'm gonna kidnap the bulldog, put a blue and white jersey on it and smuggle it into the ground. I will then position myself right in the middle of the hill, between the two opposing sets of fans.

Then, during the climax of the game, I will attract the attention of the Doggies fans, pull the bulldog out of its hiding spot, and proceed to f**k it up the ass.
You just gave raiders premiers a hard on.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors

Beastiality is a way of life north of the bridge. I doubt you would surprise anyone.

Other Manly fans may start pulling themselves

[FKN-SIK];7892816 said:
Beastiality is a way of life north of the bridge. I doubt you would surprise anyone.

Other Manly fans may start pulling themselves

You're currently geniused.

In fact this whole situation has brought out the gimp in both Dogs and Eagles supporters.

Latest posts