What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DES hasler

parrachilean31

Juniors
Hi all watch the interview with DES I thought he wasn't very profesional with that opsm comment does this deserve a fine ??? Any comments

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Meh it was a shocking call, i'd be blowing up as well. But Dessie should be more worried about blowing 2 massive leads 2 weeks in a row.

parrachilean31

Juniors
Good call mickdo he is a sore looser how many time did Lyon lay all over the player we had no calls at all the first half...

Glenn

First Grade
Des having a sook, what a shock (not).

Should be more worried how his mob got run down for the second time in two weeks.

bartman

Immortal
Hasler's a goose! Always ready with an excuse for losing a game. This one will cost him $10,000 :lol:.

Take it on the chin Dessy, your lot got calls going your way in the first half.

At least one of the moanly players should have been sin binned for repeated infringements on tackles. Having said that, given the players they had out & some of the calls that we did end up receiving, I don't think we deserved the win. Believe me, that is not easy for me to say, I hate Moanly.

Anyway, I'm happy we picked up the 2 points. I didn't want to read all of the media reports of how the boys are under pressure etc etc. I just hope, thus is a gentle awakening of a giant. Time will tell.

strider

Post Whore
it was a massive forward pass - but des must have a short memory after the first half :? ... manly's first try came from a bit of run behind your own player action

are spear tackles no longer a problem? - if one of our guys (oake i think) wasn't lifted past the horizontal then bugger me the earth's axis must have changed!

Glenn

First Grade
it was a massive forward pass - but des must have a short memory after the first half :? ... manly's first try came from a bit of run behind your own player action

are spear tackles no longer a problem? - if one of our guys (oake i think) wasn't lifted past the horizontal then bugger me the earth's axis must have changed!

Damn earthquake in Chile has alot to answer for ;-)

bartman

Immortal
Having said that, given the players they had out & some of the calls that we did end up receiving, I don't think we deserved the win. Believe me, that is not easy for me to say, I hate Moanly.
Very true, refereeing aside, we can't turn up and play absolute crap and get dominated for 50mins, and then hope to win games.

Here's hoping the team don't believe the hype, and don't sit back and rely on those magic plays to get them out of bother.

ROGUE

Juniors

I was fine with that the runner didn't impede our defense it was just a poor read on our behalf

Suitman

Post Whore
We'd all be blowing up deluxe if that forward pass cost US a game.

It was a shocking decision by all officials concerned.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
I was fine with that the runner didn't impede our defense it was just a poor read on our behalf
yeah no one was barrelled over, but it did impede our player who was running across the field with matai - he had to stop to not be barrelled over

parra pete

Referee
We'd all be blowing up deluxe if that forward pass cost US a game.

It was a shocking decision by all officials concerned.

Suity

Who cares? I don't....I try not to bag referees when we win, and I try not to bag them when we lose...

I can remember the seventies when Arko ruled the World..About the same time as Hollywood Hartley got a promotion from reserve grade to the major final's referee

Hartley and his tackles count.
I can recall part of a poem that circulated in League circles at the time

I tell you a tale of Manly Warringah
a team with the League wrapped around its finger,
Into the Grand Final they wanted to be
So they went out and got a referee

Up went the elbows and down went Bob Jay,
And in a daze he'd sent off John Gray,
Up came Max Krilich, looking forlorn
If we don't win this game, your cheque won't be drawn
So he set about changing things,
with tries scored on the seventh tackle.

"Five for the Eels, seven for the Eagles,
and all he could say was I thought it was legal"

Parra Steve

Juniors
yeah no one was barrelled over, but it did impede our player who was running across the field with matai - he had to stop to not be barrelled over

I think we had a 6 again ruling there in the first half that Manly scored off against, i thought we didnt play at it.

Both teams got some bad calls but you shouldnt be losing games when you up by 20 with 25 to go.

Latest posts