What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DES hasler

fish eel

Immortal
Hasler is a serial whinger.

Anyone else remember a match where we put 50 on them at Parra?

Might have been 2005?

I remember Hasler whinging about the refs after that game. Never mind the fact his team let in ten tries lol

eel01s

Bench
We'd all be blowing up deluxe if that forward pass cost US a game.

It was a shocking decision by all officials concerned.

Suity

This. Plenty of bad calls in the game, and lack of consistency from last week (Manly always had a hand on the ball in the ruck), but that forward pass being let go was incredible.

natheel

Coach
des asks: how do you go from a penalty count 4-1 in your favour to a 5-zip count against you in the second half

answer: Ill-discipline dessie!

i didnt watch des as a player but was he ill-disciplined? would the manly players get it from him do you think? i know they have some hot heads in their team but would des' attitude in press conferences etc and drilling into the players have an affect on them?

i am glad i wasnt a manly player in the sheds at fulltime he would have been absolutely ropable its a wonder the stadium didnt explode

Suitman

Post Whore
i am glad i wasnt a manly player in the sheds at fulltime he would have been absolutely ropable its a wonder the stadium didnt explode

I saw smoke coming out of the back of the western grandstand after the game, but then again, that was probably just the caterers burning the chips again.

Suity

parra pete

Referee
I saw smoke coming out of the back of the western grandstand after the game, but then again, that was probably just the caterers burning the chips again.

Suity

:lol: Good call.
Regarding Des Hasler as a player, he was bloody terrific, and a tough bastard, fitness fanatic..and, from what I know about him, a good bloke too.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I reckon the touchies should take up his offer for a free set of glasses. It costs about $900 a pair these days.
I also think that the PDRFLC should tell Manly it was a bit forward and ask for the game to be replayed.
Wink Wink Nudge Nudge say No More
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ona-RhLfRfc

I hope we play Manly in a semi final this year, and score a match winning try on the 7th tackle, now theres a long awaited replay for ya ;-)

parra pete

Referee
Hayne magic helps Eels stun Manly 24-20 http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiersh...d/838/fixtureid/5820/infotabid/4/default.aspx

AAPSun, 21 Mar 2010 18:11
Ball Control

He had plenty to say at halftime but by the end Parramatta coach Daniel Anderson was speechless as he attempted to explain the phenomenal Jarryd Hayne effort which lifted the Eels to a 24-20 come from behind win over bitter rivals Manly.

On a day more suited to the beach than a game of footy in Sydney's west, Hayne rescued an Eels side which looked out for the count and headed for a none from two record when trailing 20-0 just after halftime.

Enter Hayne, who made performances such as the one he was about to deliver a regular occurrence over the back end of last season, but who had also looked decidedly scratchy in his first one-and-a-half games of the new campaign.

"Phenomenal, just unbelievable. He just single-handedly turned the game in my opinion," Anderson said of Hayne.

"He basically wrestled the game out of Manly and into his own possession and we went with him. We've had some really big contributors, but Jarryd has been the main man.

"It's hard to say what Jarryd does in words."

After another crowd favourite in Fuifui Moimoi had barged over from close range to get the Eels on the board, Hayne took over, instigating a 105-metre try just after the hour when he took a pass in his own in-goal before beating five Manly defenders.

The last defender, former teammate Tony Williams, managed to get Hayne to ground, but from there the reigning Dally M medallist passed for Daniel Mortimer who found Timana Tahu in support, with the dual international scoring his first try since his return to rugby league.

Parramatta's penultimate four-pointer to Joel Reddy was more than a touch dubious, with the final two passes from Hayne and Kris Keating appearing to go forward.

However, there was no denying Hayne as his no-look cut-out pass for Eric Grothe sealed the stunning win three minutes from time.

"You only have to give him 50-50 chances and he's going to take them most of the time," winger Luke Burt - who played his 200th game for Parramatta - said of Hayne.

"We look at him and probably think he's pretty much invincible when he wants to turn it on like he did this arvo."

Turn it on Hayne may have done, but Anderson was none too pleased with the opening 50 minutes, as conveyed by veteran forward Nathan Hindmarsh.

"It was a good spray - probably the best we've had from him so far," Hindmarsh recalled.

"(He said) 'You f...ers think you're trying out there but you're not.

"I think it worked - I think we were feeling a bit sorry for ourselves out in the heat out there."

It looked like Parramatta's famed nursery was going to come back to haunt them when Eels juniors Williams, Jamie Lyon and debutant halfback Trent Hodkinson all scored in the opening half before a Hodkinson kick set up a Matt Cross four-pointer and a 20-0 lead two minutes into the second stanza.

Manly coach Des Hasler lamented the decisions which went against his side, but after also blowing a 20-4 lead over Wests Tigers in round one, the 2008 premiers are now bringing up the rear of the table.

"Its just momentum really and some crucial decisions that went against us," Hasler said of the surrender.

"They (the players) know the score - we have to win next week - next week is massive for us.

Daneel

Bench
I remember a game last year where every bounce of the ball and every descision seem to go Manly's way. At the end of the game after manly had won they interviewed watmough who said it was a good win despite not having things go their way. I was dumbfounded by his response but no more than when hasler ranted about the same thing in the press conference. Des was a great footballer and i liked watching him even though he played for Manly, but as a coach he is nothing but a dead set whinger.

Daneel

Bench
All this whinging about two forward passes is bull. Yes keatings pass was a shocker and a bad miss by the officials, however the pass that hayne threw may have gone forward im not sure, but even if it did, i reckon you would see a hundred passes a weekend just as forward not get called. Manly threw quite a few of them themselves.

Also did anyone see when watmough walked off the mark and played the ball. The ref actually warned him to play the ball on the mark next time. He got tackled 15 seconds later and guess what? He did it again. Surely if a refferee sees a player infringe in some way than a penelty is required not don't do it again. But for him to do the same thing two tackles later and get away with it is dumbfounding.

Hellsy

Immortal
it was a massive forward pass - but des must have a short memory after the first half :? ... manly's first try came from a bit of run behind your own player action

are spear tackles no longer a problem? - if one of our guys (oake i think) wasn't lifted past the horizontal then bugger me the earth's axis must have changed!

The guy behind us in the bar said "That tackle was beyond the horizontal I had my wife at last night" :lol:

that passed looked like he passed it backwards but on the replay showed he passed it just inside the 10mtr line and Reddy caught it about 6 mtrs out from the try line.
was it windy?

Nikki

Coach
I had a perfect photo of that spear tackle. Showed the girls next to me, have gotten home and my camera has eaten it.. Gone! Was gunna use it here as proof (not that we needed it)

Glenn

First Grade
If Poore gets cited for his actions, and the spear tackle goes unpunished FMD

Fathead

Bench
Having watched both the NYC and the NRL game, the tactic of putting your hands in the ruck and on the football must be taught across the grades at Manly. Having watched the roosters/tigers game there was nothing like this tactic.
I thought the 2 main refs had a great game. Im a big fan of Brett Suttor.
If you want to have a look at some suspect referring look no further than the NYC game. The bloke who was controlling that was so poor he should be controlling the Under 8 s next week. Absolutely woeful.

Latest posts