What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DES hasler

parra pete

Referee
Having watched both the NYC and the NRL game, the tactic of putting your hands in the ruck and on the football must be taught across the grades at Manly. Having watched the roosters/tigers game there was nothing like this tactic.
I thought the 2 main refs had a great game. Im a big fan of Brett Suttor.
If you want to have a look at some suspect referring look no further than the NYC game. The bloke who was controlling that was so poor he should be controlling the Under 8 s next week. Absolutely woeful.

Winger Brad Graham did some good hits in the NYC game....
Apparently, (according to the Fox commentary) the Eels have not won a game in 8 starts under the old mate who controlled the NYC match

Nikki

Coach
Was he the blonde haired kid? He did put some good shots on. Laughed at the fact the Manly player #4 got a lil upset by them!! :lol:

Fathead

Bench
Winger Brad Graham did some good hits in the NYC game....
Apparently, (according to the Fox commentary) the Eels have not won a game in 8 starts under the old mate who controlled the NYC match

Yeah i like Brad Graham and Ken Sio certainly can find the line.
What was happening with that ref in NYC ??? It was one of the worst displays I have ever seen. If he ever controls a NRL game, Dessie will have a heart attack.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Ha, people dont realise that Des doesnt really whinge, he is only doing it to keep the media off his players backs. By taking the pressure on himself and at the same time giving it to the refs. Its great coaching by Des, he does however need to address his teams fitness.

eel4life

Juniors
i agree with des, all of them need their eyes checked ... the penalties in the second half were dumb by them, but if you watch other games the refs are making stupid calls it is part of the game.

in today's game they had the bounce of the ball go their way for 50 minutes and when it swung our way we took advantage of it .. if they won he would not say it but he would think it ..

Fathead

Bench
I actually remember a game a couple of years ago at Brookie where Manly won the game via a blatant forward pass.. will have to do some digging around to see if I have it.
You take the good with the bad.

mickdo

Coach
I actually remember a game a couple of years ago at Brookie where Manly won the game via a blatant forward pass.. will have to do some digging around to see if I have it.
You take the good with the bad.

Not to mention the first ever golden point win, off an incorrect accidental offside penalty against us. We were certainly owed...

Parra Guru

Coach
If we weren't on the other side of bad decisions, I would feel some sympathy for Des but seriously, some of those calls (particularly the spear tackle) in the first half were pathetic.

Latest posts