What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des Hasler

--Storm--

Juniors
Bulldogs stumbled in with a dream run.

W1 Melbourne in Melbourne looked by far the hardest matchup, everyone was saying they were purely making up the numbers, then Manly who for best part of the season sat atop the ladder alone and then Penrith who had 2 weeks to prepare for the game, not the toughest run but still not an easy run.

I don't think anyone seen them thrashing Melbourne.

ram raid

Bench
W1 Melbourne in Melbourne looked by far the hardest matchup, everyone was saying they were purely making up the numbers, then Manly who for best part of the season sat atop the ladder alone and then Penrith who had 2 weeks to prepare for the game, not the toughest run but still not an easy run.

I didn't either before the game, but I think the Storm played horribly that night. Then played a half-team in Manly, and a pathetic panthers tonight. Dream run in hindsight I guess.

--Storm--

Juniors
Penrith beating Roosters probably did open up the draw for them, Roosters win that we'd probably be seeing a Souths v Roosters Final.

lol Matt Keating
lol Daniel Mortimer
lol Jeff Robson
lol Luke Burt
lol Todd Lowrie
lol Joel Reddy
lol Ben Smith
lol Taulima Tautai
lol Brendan Oake
lol Kris Keating
lol Etu Uaisele
lol Weller Hauraki
lol Broderick Wright

Some of the players in the 2009 Eels squad

:lol: Taulima :lol: Tautai :lol:

--Storm--

Juniors
Daniel Mortimer was hot property after that Eels run, I think the Bulldogs offered him big but he turned it down to be a one club man, his been to about 3 or 4 since ;)

Game_Breaker

Coach
Greenburg done good.

rs_300x300-140716091803-600.weird-al-foil.ls.71614.jpg

BennyV

Referee

Shades of Manly 2011...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yep. Luck has got him to 5 GFs in 8 years and 10 consecutive finals series. :roll:

One of your best blogs Walt.

POPEYE

Coach
Yep. Luck has got him to 5 GFs in 8 years and 10 consecutive finals series. :roll:

One of your best blogs Walt.

Des didn't get them into this one little man, Penrith did, which is no reflection on his ability as a supercoach. This is the most one dimensional mob of players he's ever coached, their second halves are pure luck

What did you think of this morning's Redfaces . . . be honest

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Des didn't get them into this one little man, Penrith did, which is no reflection on his ability as a supercoach. This is the most one dimensional mob of players he's ever coached, their second halves are pure luck

What did you think of this morning's Redfaces . . . be honest

It was luck that he was able to conjure up a victory over a fast finishing panthers side despite losing his captain and dummy half to injury? It was luck that the bulldogs were able to shut down the threats of Moylan and Idris virtually every time they touched the ball?

And of course it's all luck that he is able to get a mob of 'one dimensional' players to a grand final. :roll: That's quite a contradiction Walt.

I don't read your blog Walter. The ravings of a sad lonely whinging racist old merkin are not my cup of tea.

POPEYE

Coach
It was luck that he was able to conjure up a victory over a fast finishing panthers side despite losing his captain and dummy half to injury? It was luck that the bulldogs were able to shut down the threats of Moylan and Idris virtually every time they touched the ball?

And of course it's all luck that he is able to get a mob of 'one dimensional' players to a grand final. :roll: That's quite a contradiction Walt.

I don't read your blog Walter. The ravings of a sad lonely whinging racist old merkin are not my cup of tea.

Even the best need luck little man, Des has won with it lately but no-one begrudges him, what gave you the idea I did. Penrith did more to shut themselves down than the Dogs did. Fast finishing?

I'm not going to argue with a bloke that has the huge following you do but we all know you read my musings even if no-one else does . . . porky pies on a Sunday, c'mon

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Even the best need luck little man, Des has won with it lately but no-one begrudges him, what gave you the idea I did. Penrith did more to shut themselves down than the Dogs did. Fast finishing?

I'm not going to argue with a bloke that has the huge following you do but we all know you read my musings even if no-one else does . . . porky pies on a Sunday, c'mon

I do not read your blog Walter. If you have any proof otherwise please provide it. As I said reading one of your posts is akin to having your brain beaten with a four by two, the whole 'blog' must be like having your head jammed in a meat press.

And I'm terribly insulted by being called 'little man' :roll:

Your posts here this morning prove once again that your football insight is as deep as your knowledge in any other area - not a f**king undulation in sight.

POPEYE

Coach
I do not read your blog Walter. If you have any proof otherwise please provide it. As I said reading one of your posts is akin to having your brain beaten with a four by two, the whole 'blog' must be like having your head jammed in a meat press.

And I'm terribly insulted by being called 'little man' :roll:

Your posts here this morning prove once again that your football insight is as deep as your knowledge in any other area - not a f**king undulation in sight.

Where's Numby, he'd tell you you're 'losing'

BuffaloRules

Coach
Pops, is Hasler the exception that proves your rule that good former players make dud coaches?

I remember Des as a very good player- premiership winner, many Origin and Tests.

But he is an even better coach in my view.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Why do people ask Walter from the Popeye Gazzette about coaches? He knows nothing about league.

I'll field this one: Des is up there with Bozo and Churchill but behind Provan.