What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des Hasler

BranVan3000

Coach
Funny how apparently Canterbury have been lucky. Melbourne played ordinary, but Dogs get no credit for that. Yes they played a depleted Manly, one which was slightly less depleted the prevoius week when Souths played them. Penrith beat the favourites Easts with that same side, but let's not give the Panthers credit because it doesn't suit the argument against the Dogs.
No they are not the best team around, but they win close games the majority of the time, because they are fighters. When you lose your hooker, the structure fails as it did in the second half. Souths should have to deal with that next week, although he will more than likely be feathered and allowed to play. He is a massive loss if it goes against them. Their attack will falter greatly too, just like Ennis last night.

Back on topic, Hasler will be in his element this week. The media and their Souths love affair suits Canterbury no end.
Dogs played great, no underestimating for me. But I think we have their measure as far as competing for 80 minutes goes

Loose Cannon

Bench
Dogs played great, no underestimating for me. But I think we have their measure as far as competing for 80 minutes goes

I would agree with that. Despite Canterburys recent second half scoring drought they are probably considered top 3-4 as and 80 minute team. Souths would be #1 in that regard though.

davi

Juniors
Rumors are Des Hasler is tipped to get the axe and be replaced by Canberra Raiders assistant Dean Pay.

"Hasler's future will be determined at a crisis meeting with the board on Friday, but it has become apparent he has no long-term future at Belmore despite being contracted until the end of next year.

The pressure on Hasler has increased after Bulldogs legend and director Steve Mortimer declared the club was "losing its DNA" under the former Manly mentor. Several powerbrokers believe Hasler's tenure is now untenable and that Friday's summit will be used to resolve his payout figure. It's understood that could be anywhere between $750,000 and $1.2 million should the board seek to go in another direction.

Hasler's most likely replacement is former Canterbury forward Dean Pay. Now an assistant to Ricky Stuart at Canberra, Pay has a proven record for identifying and nurturing emerging talent, something he has proven during his stint coaching the all-conquering NSW under 20s side at State of Origin level. More importantly, he is viewed as someone who understands the intangible Canterbury culture, one of the main criticisms levelled by Hasler's detractors."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ision-to-dump-des-hasler-20161012-gs0k8r.html

mave

Coach
Lmao...the intangible Bulldogs culture ?

Is that the one they tried to buy off Manly when Des and basically his whole staff jumped over, trying to take numerous players with them ??

betcats

Referee
Steve Mortimer has handled this with real class, speaking on behalf of players and other board members and threatening to quit if he doesn't get his way! Lol he seems to have a problem with Dessie, how amateur for him to be speaking to press that way, add three of four more boardmembers who conduct themselves the same way and you have Parramatta!

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Mortimer has damaged his rep greatly this past week or so. Awful to see.

davi

Juniors
Dragons are reportedly watching the Des Hasler/Bulldogs situation closely, apparently their ready to pounce if Hasler is given the flick.

"Weeks after telling Paul McGregor his place at the club was safe, the Dragons are showing interest in Des Hasler for the 2017 season.

According to reports from Rugby League Week, the Bulldogs coach's name has been linked in some circles to the Red V.

''It's quite amazing given that the Dragons put out a weak press release two weeks ago saying Paul McGregor will be the coach in 2017,'' Rugby League Week's Rocco Luca said.

''I can't blame them, a two-time premiership winning coach comes on the market unexpectedly like this, I think we can forgive the Dragons for doing a backflip saying 'Look, sorry Paul, Des has come on the market'.

''Dragons fans will be absolutely in raptures if this comes through.''

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...hunt-for-des-hasler/snwdmc86euw41q55runrznujc

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
i dont understand the problem, they've made two grand finals with him as coach in the past 5 years, pretty certain any club would be happy with that return. doesn't seem to be anything rotten from the outside of the club either.

BennyV

Referee
Dragons are reportedly watching the Des Hasler/Bulldogs situation closely, apparently their ready to pounce if Hasler is given the flick.

"Weeks after telling Paul McGregor his place at the club was safe, the Dragons are showing interest in Des Hasler for the 2017 season.

According to reports from Rugby League Week, the Bulldogs coach's name has been linked in some circles to the Red V.

''It's quite amazing given that the Dragons put out a weak press release two weeks ago saying Paul McGregor will be the coach in 2017,'' Rugby League Week's Rocco Luca said.

''I can't blame them, a two-time premiership winning coach comes on the market unexpectedly like this, I think we can forgive the Dragons for doing a backflip saying 'Look, sorry Paul, Des has come on the market'.

''Dragons fans will be absolutely in raptures if this comes through.''

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...hunt-for-des-hasler/snwdmc86euw41q55runrznujc
Replace "Des" with literally any other person, animal or inanimate object in that sentence, and it would still be reasonable to backflip on the support of Mary.

dogz08

First Grade
i dont understand the problem, they've made two grand finals with him as coach in the past 5 years, pretty certain any club would be happy with that return. doesn't seem to be anything rotten from the outside of the club either.

have you seen us play this year? we are probably the most boring team in the comp to watch with the dragons

dogz08

First Grade
well i'd like to win the gf, but i just don't feel we can win it playing the way we have been for the last 4 years

Latest posts