What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des looking shaky at Manly

Pantherjim.

Referee
Should have held on to Hasler. Shame on Manly! Hardly Des fault that 7 God botherers in the squad chose to boycott a vital game putting their club’s season in jeopardy all because they thought their Sky Daddy would be offended by them wearing a jersey with an innocuous bit of rainbow trimming…

stryker

First Grade
Should have held on to Hasler. Shame on Manly! Hardly Des fault that 7 God botherers in the squad chose to boycott a vital game putting their club’s season in jeopardy all because they thought their Sky Daddy would be offended by them wearing a jersey with an innocuous bit of rainbow trimming…
Oooooh edgey stuff…..
Some truth to what you said though. Management makes a decision, it backfires, they cowardly send the coach out to face the fire, he fails to quench it, the team‘s form falls off a cliff, the coach is scapegoated for it. Shameful turn of events.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Was Seibald part of TBaz's hand-picked coaching team at Manly?

Will Seibs look after a mate and get TBaz a gig?

Munky

Coach
Is there any reason why Toovey hasn't coached again since being given the punt?

Surely a better coach than some of the other nuffies that have had first grade jobs the past decade.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Oooooh edgey stuff…..
Some truth to what you said though. Management makes a decision, it backfires, they cowardly send the coach out to face the fire, he fails to quench it, the team‘s form falls off a cliff, the coach is scapegoated for it. Shameful turn of events.

I think that most of the blame for the loss of that game against the Roosters during pride round needs to fall on the seven players who boycotted the game.

I mean everyone’s whinging about “notice” and “consultation” from the club itself, but at the end of the day would they have still declined to wear the jersey and boycotted the game even with ample notice and consultation? I think yes.

At the end of the day, these guys are adults and they’re contracted to do a job, they’ve failed in their contractual obligations because they’ve put their religion ahead of the jobs they’re paid to do.

Chippy73

Bench
Des didn't handle it that great IMO (he was ambushed by management admittedly).

Attachments

• Bilsey reeees.gif
    Bilsey reeees.gif
    542.4 KB · Views: 2

That’s the media narrative and all that, but the whispers are that it was the church stabbing that f**ked them up as much as anything.

Family ties.

Divided playing group, haves v have-nots, dogs breakfast.

Mt Druitt on the sea.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
But as I posted earlier; would these seven players still have boycotted the game even with proper and timely consultation? Pretty certain they still would have done.

Once again religious shit f*ckery overrides contractual employment obligations.
With better consultation, a better resolution could have been reached. I'm not a fan of the sort of lack of critical thinking that goes along with 'God says gay is bad, me no like gay people' but management were either completely oblivious to who their players are or f**king thick to think they could push through the rainbow jersey with no fallout. It's a very real, very pertinent cause around the mistreatment of LGBTQI+ people, but without consultation with their playing group, coach, seems like without speaking to the community etc, they f**ked it up.