What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diagnosing Red V Fever

Gareth67

First Grade
http://www.nothingbutleague.com/2016/10/08/diagnosing-red-v-fever/

The article is too long to post but is well worth a read. Gives some excellent insight and background history into how poorly the club has been managed.

I feel as if someone has poured a bottle of castor - oil down my throat .

That does indeed explain in detail , just what is occurring with the Joint Ventures board and more so why they are so determined to hang on to their seats , at what appears to be at all costs .

After reading that , I now truly wonder if there is a future for the Dragons .

Old Timer

Coach
Depressing reading but certainly insightful.
The expansion of the NRL certainly has us earmarked for re location if not extinction.
Whatever happened to make us go away from playing for the JJ Giltinan Shield in the NSWRL competition after it being the best RL comp in Australia if not the world?
Huge crowds, match of the day at the SCG, 2nd best game of the round at the Sports Ground.
Kick off for the main game at 3pm after 3rd's and 2nd's got us in the mood.
City v Country games that actually counted towards state selection and hopefully test selection.
Qld were the poor country cousins who got their arse's smacked on a regular basis and would consequently whinge and whine at the low representation they got in the test team.
We all got lazy, stopped going to games, brought tv's and let the media moguls get their hands into our pockets and wreck what had been a mainstay of suburban life in Sydney.
I really feel sorry for the young one's who want so much to have something worthwhile and remotely like what the old fans once had.
To think that the St George club is so under threat and we have imposters like the Warriors and Melbourne Storm in the comp, let alone the 1 team Brisbane side who continually crow how good they are but have no real competition.
Might pop the cork (despite Dr's orders) on a good bottle of red of course and watch the 2010 finals videos and try and cheer myself up.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The author seems to have followed things closely for some years. He even details an altercation that a fellow forummer had with the club some years ago.
The article is too long to post but is well worth a read.
Indeed, it is long... but it could have gone on for many more pages.

Red V for life

Juniors
Had a good beer buzz going after watching F1 and Bathurst qualifying.

That buzz is gone and a quick look in the fridge reveals nowhere near enough beer to get it back after reading that.

The only question i have is where to from here? I don't have the answer.

Ex goon

Juniors
Had a good beer buzz going after watching F1 and Bathurst qualifying.

That buzz is gone and a quick look in the fridge reveals nowhere near enough beer to get it back after reading that.

The only question i have is where to from here? I don't have the answer.

Ex goon

Juniors
There have been people from South Australia League here for the past week in the Illawarra. From good reports this is definately in the pipeline of a relocation. Not sure SA is the right place for league. Maybe Northern Territory Goons!! Has a ring to it.

drake

First Grade
The author seems to have followed things closely for some years. He even details an altercation that a fellow forummer had with the club some years ago.
Indeed, it is long... but it could have gone on for many more pages.
That altercation was what disturbed me the most I think. Very scary the lengths that were gone to in order to quieten a dissenting customer.
With all of the 'brand' spin, and the fact that Red V members have as much saying in the running of the club as a newspaper subscriber does on what is printed, maybe the club needs to stop treating us as ungrateful children and start treating us as the reason they get paid.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Heavy reading. People and fan power sounds great but it really does fall on deaf ears consistently. I'm all for a bit radical. Get the faces of the board with phone numbers, emails , contacts etc and state these are the blokes who have all but killed Saint George. Posters, drop sheets with their pictures. Old school all over southern Sydney to gong. Really give it to these faceless men destroying a big part of your lives. Rocking up and then quickly getting moved on by the police doesn't do much. I'm in on the fan uprising, just thinking a bit radical to get the boards head out of the sand.

Bench
Brilliant article and even scarier is where the club is heading, like it was said before I don't know whether the club has a future, we are in a hole so deep it is going to take something special to save us, what that is and who can save us is the million dollar question

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Danny Robinson should have been sacked years ago when he, Lockwood and Saunders and Carr tried to merge with the Roosters. He is the worst administrator in the League and has let the Club run into the ground. With Doust and Lockwood having had connections with North Shore Private Hospital and St. George Hospital the Club is a hospital case as our two Directors and their cronies screw up the operation.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I wonder if Zack would be our cohesive voice?

I think 'Zack' is trying his best to already do that.
The timing if this rehashed news from a non- mainstream, 'news web page' is interesting too.
Anyway, I sure hope the poor fella is ok and doesn't hold an axe or two to grind.

BennyV

Referee
"Despite Gordon’s ‘white knight’ appearance, Doust and the board have stymied negotiations. The great irony of the story is the man supporters have blamed for the clubs decline was now acting with custodial integrity for its protection."

My favourite part.

FlameThrower

Bench
Just when you think it could not get any worse.....Leagues Club holding back funds to Football Club, and they are one of the same? The empty TPA fund....the same names reappearing...
This underlines my decision even more not to renew...
This needs to go out into the broader media....and as the author suggests the fans need a public/ media face and voice...otherwise the fragmented social media rants and individual emails to the Club are just being diluted.
Don't want to be over dramatic but this is like staring into the future and its not pretty.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Certainly an eye opener to the festering rot in charge.......the smell of Newtown as once said by former coach Brian Smith. I was amazed at the concept to develop Saints Leagues into a premium Medical facility, based on Dousts past links to Private Hospitals.
The poor Taj has seen better days and may just become an extension of Calvary Hospital around the corner......both dealing in the treatment of terminally ill.

CronullaSaint

Juniors
Saints are a semi regional team already. If they become full time from Wollongong then they are regional. I don't understand why talk of Adelaide etc. So the illawarra south cost does not have a team, but a non nrl town like Adelaide does!