What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diagnosing Red V Fever

Saints are a semi regional team already. If they become full time from Wollongong then they are regional. I don't understand why talk of Adelaide etc. So the illawarra south cost does not have a team, but a non nrl town like Adelaide does!
If the NRL let the Dragons fall over the A league will step in.

They are already looking to expand and the South Coast has a very strong junior soccer base plus they have had plans in the works for a team for sometime now playing out of Win Stadium fulltime.

Rugby league at junior level is still quite strong along the South Coast also the senior comp is doing okay at present with little to no help from the Dragons.

The Hawks are starting to pick up more supporters who have no more time for the Dragons and that will only help them in the long run.

The Dragons are getting exactly what they deserve when you continually lie to everyone the lies get bigger and bigger.

Bobby Steeler was a lying piece of shit and Doust is just the same if not worse.

drake

First Grade
I think 'Zack' is trying his best to already do that.
The timing if this rehashed news from a non- mainstream, 'news web page' is interesting too.
Anyway, I sure hope the poor fella is ok and doesn't hold an axe or two to grind.
I'm not sure how this opinion piece qualified as 'rehashed news'. I haven't seen such a comprehensive list of the board's attempts to maintain power in the mainstream press.
Do you dispute these things actually happened? It's only a smear campaign if it is non factual and irrelevant to the actual running of the club.
I understand from many of your posts that you are close with some in the St George 'faction' and you get annoyed with assumptions made by those of us not in the know. We only know what we are told, which is 1/10th of f**k all.
Nobody shines a light on something that isn't in the dark. The club's agenda, dealings and motives are clandestine and covered with spin that Australian politicians wish they could pull.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I'm not sure how this opinion piece qualified as 'rehashed news'. I haven't seen such a comprehensive list of the board's attempts to maintain power in the mainstream press.
Do you dispute these things actually happened? It's only a smear campaign if it is non factual and irrelevant to the actual running of the club.
I understand from many of your posts that you are close with some in the St George 'faction' and you get annoyed with assumptions made by those of us not in the know. We only know what we are told, which is 1/10th of f**k all.
Nobody shines a light on something that isn't in the dark. The club's agenda, dealings and motives are clandestine and covered with spin that Australian politicians wish they could pull.
For anyone that has been an active forum follower since 2008, I would say this 'opinion piece' is old news. Not disputing many of the items listed at all but again, not all facts and certainly not both sides of the argument have been presented in this 'balanced' article.
Join the Leagues Club and vote for change...beat them at their own game.
From memory, it was only a small number of votes (less than 800) required to change one or two of the sitting Directors. That's a far cry from 10000 donating $1000 ea and could easily be achieved. However, if it's going to be done, at least have some people with a form of a clue co-ordinate it.

dragonreddy

Juniors
If the NRL let the Dragons fall over the A league will step in.

They are already looking to expand and the South Coast has a very strong junior soccer base plus they have had plans in the works for a team for sometime now playing out of Win Stadium fulltime.

Rugby league at junior level is still quite strong along the South Coast also the senior comp is doing okay at present with little to no help from the Dragons.

The Hawks are starting to pick up more supporters who have no more time for the Dragons and that will only help them in the long run.

The Dragons are getting exactly what they deserve when you continually lie to everyone the lies get bigger and bigger.

Bobby Steeler was a lying piece of shit and Doust is just the same if not worse.

I think they work work on the theory that it's not a lie if you believe it to be true.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
For anyone that has been an active forum follower since 2008, I would say this 'opinion piece' is old news. Not disputing many of the items listed at all but again, not all facts and certainly not both sides of the argument have been presented in this 'balanced' article.
From memory, it was only a small number of votes (less than 800) required to change one or two of the sitting Directors. That's a far cry from 10000 donating $1000 ea and could easily be achieved. However, if it's going to be done, at least have some people with a form of a clue co-ordinate it.

I'm to know which you think aren't facts.

Capital_Dragon

Juniors
not all facts and certainly not both sides of the argument have been presented in this 'balanced' article.

Then give us a couple of key facts that you think could balance the article?

Every time I've asked the same of the Dragons directly it's always "well that's in-confidence, blah blah blah."

The bottom line is if the whole series of Dragons linked entities were subject to a thorough and genuinely external review they'd come up short in so many areas it would be border on them being assessed as incompetent at best.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I'm to know which you think aren't facts.
I am fully aware of your involvement and the ugly situation you found yourself in some years back. Again, I am not disputing any of that. My views on some of the other parts of the article differ to what has been written. No drama...all good

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I am fully aware of your involvement and the ugly situation you found yourself in some years back. Again, I am not disputing any of that. My views on some of the other parts of the article differ to what has been written. No drama...all good

Yes, but how do your views differ? You can't claim it presents wrong then not explain how. Thats effectively slander (without being disrespectful).

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Yes, but how do your views differ? You can't claim it presents wrong then not explain how. Thats effectively slander (without being disrespectful).
What the f**k are you talking about ?
My views and points relate to other issues mentioned in the article...governance, members voting rights and the like. Nothing to do with your little boys own adventure.
So now you are saying having a differing opinion to an opinion piece by an unknown writer or web page is effectively slander?
Wow, this is a new low !

Drew-Sta

Staff member
What the f**k are you talking about ?
My views and points relate to other issues mentioned in the article...governance, members voting rights and the like. Nothing to do with your little boys own adventure.
So now you are saying having a differing opinion to an opinion piece by an unknown writer or web page is effectively slander?
Wow, this is a new low !

Actually no, I'm not saying questioning an article is slander. I'm saying suggesting facts in the article are wrong without qualifying how they are wrong is slander, which is what you've basically said - unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Can you confirm that you agree with all the 'facts' but disagree with the articles intent, just so we are clear of your stance?

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Actually no, I'm not saying questioning an article is slander. I'm saying suggesting facts in the article are wrong without qualifying how they are wrong is slander, which is what you've basically said - unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Can you confirm that you agree with all the 'facts' but disagree with the articles intent, just so we are clear of your stance?

Then if you are unclear on my stance, perhaps read my last 2 replies to your post. I have clearly stated that I do not dispute the facts presented regarding your episode. Clear?
However, by having a different opinion or views to parts of an 'opinion piece' or not agreeing with how it is presented, you are calling that slander? Are you threatening me?

drake

First Grade
True, most of the facts posted in the article have cropped up buried in threads here and in JA; the police involvement I hadn't seen before. How do people off this particular website learn about these instances? Obviously the club isn't going to say, "guess what stooges? We're taking your cash and doing what we like to further our own aims!"
The newspapers either don't know or don't care that one of Australia's most iconic sporting clubs seems to be antagonistic to it's key stakeholders.
The fact that the only way I can make a difference to the Dragons is to join a crappy leagues club with no facilities for 3 years, then vote for someone whose platform I am not allowed to be told about, is clearly designed to put me off. And again, most Dragons supporters who do not come here are unaware that their Red V membership is pointless.
If there is another side to this article, who is going to address it? Is anyone from the club ever going to come out and talk straight?
Or will we get more snarky comments from club officials putting the blame on the fans for not being staunch enough to follow their decisions down the path to nowhere?
My guess is we will get silence.
I believe you are a passionate supporter, probably far more so than I, and being labelled an apologist for supporting people you truly believe are doing their best must be frustrating. I applaid your starch in continually lining up for the hits you get on these forums.
There are just so many of us that do not appreciate being treated as mushrooms by what is really supposed to be a community organisation. We don't know what the hell is going on, except that atrocious decisions are constantly being made, and there is only a fool's hope of having any influence via the system the board have implemented to ensure their own survival.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Then if you are unclear on my stance, perhaps read my last 2 replies to your post. I have clearly stated that I do not dispute the facts presented regarding your episode. Clear?
However, by having a different opinion or views to parts of an 'opinion piece' or not agreeing with how it is presented, you are calling that slander? Are you threatening me?

JB, you clearly state this:

not all facts and certainly not both sides of the argument have been presented in this 'balanced' article.

That gave me the impression, as I think a few others did too, that you were challenging the facts. It is helpful for you to now clearly state you are not. Thank you.

On that basis, your disagreement with the article is fine and I think constructive criticism of any journalism is healthy and positive. On that note too, since you AGREE with all facts, I retract my thought of 'slander', as I misunderstood you to be questioning the facts without giving reason for why or which facts.

Lastly, no, I am not threatening me. I am slightly frustrated at your consistent 'play the man, not the ball' approach but that is for me to get used to.

My question to you, now, is since you AGREE with the facts, do you still support the boards performance and what is your reasoning on why we have reached this point of financial and supporter crisis for our club?

Latest posts