What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Taylor make the correct decision by selecting Delaney and Burt???

Did Taylor make the correct decision by selecting Delaney and Burt???

• Yes, they did their best- Nothing else could be done

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • No, you should have picked the NRLs leading linebreaker, Mckinnon and the comps form centre, O'Dwyer

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters

adamkungl

Immortal
Sorry if this is seen as trolling, but what's with Burt? It seemed as though he was scared to get tackled, he refused to return the ball himself, always passing it to the wingers when he could probably have made more ground just running it hard.

PIG

Juniors
adamkungl said:
Sorry if this is seen as trolling, but what's with Burt? It seemed as though he was scared to get tackled, he refused to return the ball himself, always passing it to the wingers when he could probably have made more ground just running it hard.

He probably is scared to get tackled.

I'll tell you something for nothing. I know a player from the Storm and he said they prepared as though Wade would be in the team- and were astounded Burt was fullback.

niall

Juniors
I hav been delaney's biggest critic in the past, BUT today i must disagree and say he played bloody awsum.

1- DEFENCE WAS GREAT
2-ATTACK WAS BRILLIANT, TOOK GOOD STRONG STRAIGHT HITUPS!
3-CREATED THAT BREAK OUT OF NUTHIN, AND COULDNT HELP GOIN HIMSELF, BECAUSE THE SUPPORT WAS SURROUNDED BY 4 STORM PLAYERS! 1 ON 4 IS NOT GOOD ODDS!
4-I WOULD GIVE HIM 8/10 FOR THAT EFFORT TODAY!

YOU GUYS ARE FINDING SUM1 O BLAME, ILL GIV U 3 PPL!

PHIL COOLEY AND CHRIS WARD (VIDEO REFS) IMO THEY WERE DRUNK AT THE TIME!

JOHN MORRIS- HE THREW THE HIDEOUS PASS STRAIGHT TO THE STORM AT THE NED AFTER DELANEY'S GREAT BREAK!

Sean7

Juniors
Burt is a complete non-event unless the rest of the team is absolutely on fire. I'm sorry, but he offers absolutely nothing apart from popping up for the odd try here and there. Burt has been in and out of first grade so many times it looks as if he's dizzy. We really missed McKinnon's ability to attack the ball and try to create something.

Delaney was Delaney. He made one good run, but you would hope anyone would make that run in first grade. Our centres... well we really didn't have any.

Sean7

Juniors
PIG said:
Luke Burt made 62 metres from fullback.

Is that a record for least metres ever by a fullback in an NRL match?

No, he's actually made less already this year.

Sean7

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
Burt had a good game though, Delaney wasnt too bad. I dont think it wouldve made a difference if O'Dwyer and McKinnon played. Ok McKinnon wouldve made a few breaks, but I think our kicking game let us down.

Great effort today, you will be missed JT. :cry:

How did Burt have a good game exactly? Was it the fact that he looked like he was about to s$%t his pants every time he ran the ball?

EDIT: Woops, I'm sorry. I don't think he actually ran the ball at all. My mistake.

parra pete

Referee
Y2Eel said:
yes to late now for if's and but's

Like the spent arrow and spoken word...too late to do anything now.
It's all over for 2006 for the Parra Eels in the NRL...

mighty eel

Juniors
Delaney and Burt played because wade is not good at defending and o'dwyer missed out because he is too little and matt king would run over the top of him.

Redback71

First Grade
i went no, i would have kept o'dwyer because he had worked up a pretty good combination with the wingers but i still would have wnt with burt over mckinnion

Bigfella

Coach
You guys are way off the mark on Burt's performance. There are some things written in this thread that are way over the top.

He was one of the few people who provided try scoring potential. He was sound under the high ball and defended the opposition ground kicks brilliantly.

The closest thing to errors he made were a. a drop which was 100% a strip; b. being forced in goal when he took a bomb a metre out c. a bad option of holding the ball too long at dummy half. d. Missing Kofusi on the line from a metre out which was not his fault.

He was far more penetrating with the ball in hand than most of our players and came up with some good kicks.

He also absolutely busted his guts and was so far from being a reason we lost the game it wasn't funny.

Selections and injuries and refereeing decisions did not lose this game.

Structure of play and tactics lost what was a winnable game. Ticker and effort got us as close as we did.

Bazal

Post Whore
Wow, this thread is awesome! It goes to show that there really is a missing link between the apes and humanity, and unfortunately several of them have taken a shine to Parramatta. Jayjay, Parra Playa....you are deadset farkwits of the highest order. You put sh*t on players with more talent than either of you have in you little toenail, without rational argument or any form of sensibility, and you do it all from behind a keyboard because it makes you petty little fools feel invincible. Well, I'll tell you this. ANYONE WHO PUTS ANY sh*t ON ANY PLAYER ON THAT FIELD ON SUNDAY DESERVES TO BE PUT DOWN. That team showed more grit, determination and sheer heart than I have seen from any team this year. To hang on that well against the runaway minor premiers, after they got on a roll and could have flogged us, showed incredible heart and desire. We had more scoring opportunities go begging, got caned by the ref and the video ref, and played a side that has lost ONE GAME AT HOME. That stuff hurts you. I've been captain of a footy team since I was 15, and if my guys showed that much heart in a loss, I'd be happier than if we thrashed them. You two in particular have A LOT to learn about this game before you have any right to bag anyone. You single out Burt and Delaney. How about Morris throwing that shocker, after the guy you bagged so vehemently had stood up Billy Slater and nearly beat him to the corner? How about Jarryd Haynes shocker of a read to let Turner stroll over? PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES, this is a hard game. I'm no Morris fan, but I haven't jumped on him for that pass, because he showed more heart that day than I ever thought he had. After breaking two records; first team ever to make the finals after a mid season coaching appointment and first team to get within 13 of the Minor Premiers (also I believe we held them to the lowest score ever) since the introduction of the McIntire system, Parramatta walk away from this season with dignity. Something you two know nothing about.

Oh, and Brett Delaney? He made 30 tackles and 175 metres. f**king useless huh? Idiots...

paulb88

Juniors
Bazal, being lazy i only read the first few sentences of your rant but i agree 100%...Taylor picked on current form. In the previous game Delaney and Burt played better than Odey and McKinnon. So YES!! he did make the right decision...We could if and but all day, but who knows, McKinnon and O'Dwyer could have had shockers too.

Off the bandwagon please...we'll see you next year at the finals

paulb88

Juniors
I said "shockers too" impying Delaney and Burt had shockers. I didnt mean that. I meant McKinnon and O'Dwyer could have had shockers.

And reading back on that, I was directing all of the bandwagon stuff at JJ and the other guy, not you bazal

Bazal

Post Whore
paulb88 said:
I said "shockers too" impying Delaney and Burt had shockers. I didnt mean that. I meant McKinnon and O'Dwyer could have had shockers.

And reading back on that, I was directing all of the bandwagon stuff at JJ and the other guy, not you bazal

It's all good mate, I got it....;-)

Parra Guru

Coach
Can you sore losers please stop filling this forum with negativity??? It's boring and I'm not even going to justify this crap with a vote.

hasman

Juniors
if I was coach I would had picked Burt over Wade any day...

I don't know what game you were watching But Burt played a good game on Sunday and wasn't allowed to Run.....

He almost scored a great try......

Delaney Had a great game.....

Please have look at Melbourne's Record in scoring points average...

Parra only let in two Trys.......

Against the Cowboys Wade was fullback and please tell me one thing he did right.

Also please tell me how many tries were scored on O'dawyer side of the Field..

ON you JT Great Coach......

To take over and make the eight and Being Robbed in the Semi against the Minor Premiors and Favourites to win the comp...

Was Briallent work....

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Angry_eel

First Grade
ok i think we should stop talking about the game now. its wednesday and there's absolutely no point discussing the past. team of 2007 would be allright to discuss.