What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dilemma for league in France

Teddyboy

First Grade
There is plenty wrong with it and to suggest anything different is completely ignorant.

Suggest you get your old high school history books to look at the problems groups like this cause.

Support from a political party of this nature is the last thing RL needs anywhere in the world.

Old school is not the image FN is trying be nowadays but there is a lot of people sick of what is going on in there country who are not racist and it's the top brass elite politicians who are the real villains who have let countries like France UK to become what they are today alongside immigrants who don't want to integrate as well a middle class left ring students who properly become the become the ones in society who let these mad discussions happen.

LordLeague

Juniors
Perhaps this lady will become minister for sport one day, banning RU by government decree and handing all RU assets to Rugby League for the betterment of the French nation?

f**k those Union C***s

Lord League

BODISGOD

Bench
Old school is not the image FN is trying be nowadays but there is a lot of people sick of what is going on in there country who are not racist and it's the top brass elite politicians who are the real villains who have let countries like France UK to become what they are today alongside immigrants who don't want to integrate as well a middle class left ring students who properly become the become the ones in society who let these mad discussions happen.

Sorry you are the same guy who regularly posts stuff about Muslims and you claim this?:lol:

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
As far as Nationalist organizations go FN are quite moderate. Good to have them on side and for a game that struggles to remain relevant in France I can't see how this is bad news.

Last edited:

LJC

Juniors
From what I gather from the above discourse that RL is still majorly getting the raw deal in France.

Surprise, surprise!

And we have contributors stating that what happened in France in 1941 was an isolated incident!

Amazing!

byrner

Juniors
From what I gather from the above discourse that RL is still majorly getting the raw deal in France.

Surprise, surprise!

And we have contributors stating that what happened in France in 1941 was an isolated incident!

Amazing!

When were the incidents of 41 repeated?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
What a heap of &&&&&&& garbage.

Hang in there French Rugby XIII, they can't stop you forever, rotten mongrels!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Even the most ardent union troll should be able to see the bullshit involved here, heck, they'd probably like to have a look at the game too.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Link doesn't work on my phone, what does it say?

here mate.

http://www.marionlepen.fr/reponse-a...rture-televisuelle-du-rugby-a-xiii-en-france/

ANSWER TO THE QUESTION ON THE TELEVISION COVERAGE OF RUGBY LEAGUE IN FRANCE

Question No. 26534 of May 21, 2013

Marion Marechal-Le Pen asked the Foreign Minister of Sports, Youth, popular education and community life on the state of rugby league in France. A few months before the start of the World Cup this fall, including two games will be held in France (Avignon and Perpignan), the way that discipline is handled in public broadcasting and the French sports landscape is particularly unfavorable comparison of rugby. Indeed, none of these two games will be broadcast on France Television antenna group, no more than have been the championship final of France or the Coupe de France. Rugby league is a separate discipline, telegenic and offering more dynamic than the rugby game, she meets a lot of interest in the world (Australia, Britain, New Zealand), but also in France, especially in the south-east, as Vaucluse. She continues, unfortunately, suffer from a ban by the Vichy regime, which favored the XV fact, as noted by the report of the Committee Azéma presented in March 2002 at the request of the Minister Marie-George Buffet. It is surprising indifference suffered a sport that gave France two world titles (1951 and 1955) and several titles of European Champion (1939, 1947, 1951, 1952, 1977, 1981, 2005). She asked about his intentions to support the team of France and the French Federation of Rugby League in the context of the World Cup and whether it will upgrade the discipline.

Response August 27, 2013

In a difficult economic environment for the free channels, a trend towards concentration of sports on television paying operators is found. This issue and that of the media to a wider variety of sports among the concerns of the Minister of Sports, Youth, popular education and community life, which began to consider in conjunction with the Higher Audiovisual (CSA) Board and other departments concerned. However, it must be given the necessary balance with the financing of sport. On the one hand, it is to supplement the provisions of Decree No. 2004-1392 of 22 December 2004 to ensure that the main events considered of major importance for society, aims and whose broadcasting rights were acquired by chains with restricted access, can continue to be followed by the largest number of spectators and are not disseminated only on channels with restricted access. On the other hand, it should work in conjunction with the CSA, which controls the conditions of free dissemination of brief excerpts, in order to enhance the exposure of disciplines or practices not widely distributed, especially women. Regarding more specifically the discipline of rugby league, the French Federation of Rugby League (FFR XIII) conducts regular actions to better media: - the final of the Coupe de France in 2013 went on Team 21; - all matches Catalans Dragons are broadcast on Beinsport chain - the States of Origin (match Australian states) and the NRL championship (Australian) are broadcast on Beinsport chain - the two matches of the Cup World France, November 1, 2013 against New Zealand in Avignon and November 11 against the Samoa Islands in Perpignan, have been the subject of intense preparation in terms of organization, financing and promotion. Finally, within the framework of the Convention objectives in 2013, the federation is seen with a grant of 439 K ? and nine technical and sports consultants, agents of the Ministry of Sports.

hutch

First Grade
Cheers mate. I think I'm looking forward to the French games in the World Cup the most. Just a shame they won't be on free to air tv but considering that only a few years ago rugby league wasn't on any tv over there we are still on the way up.

Storm13

Juniors
Cheers mate. I think I'm looking forward to the French games in the World Cup the most. Just a shame they won't be on free to air tv but considering that only a few years ago rugby league wasn't on any tv over there we are still on the way up.

Couldn't agree more hutch slow but steady progress (RL way). For some reason I feel France could inflict an upset against NZ but yet lose to Samoa and PNG.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee

Thank you Hutch for bringing a shinning light into the debate, I completely missed it.

It is progress, but when you look at Aus, even at their lowest ebb, other sorts in Aus have at least been given a go, even union and soccer have manged at least FTA highlights on TV no matter what time shown, this is a DISGRACE.

It's a sport for goodness sake, it's had to fight skin and bone to survive even in the places where it's popular, why oh why can't they let the sport speak for itself? makes me so cranky.

Last edited:

Latest posts