What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirtiest player in the game?

Who is the dirtiest player in the game?

• Total voters

gregstar

Referee
billy slater - but i think he's more old-school, country-town-type thug in the les boyd mould - great off-field, dreadful on it.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
DeeGan said:
Can we add Mark O'Meley for deliberately kneeing Scott Prince yesterday? ;-)

Yeah how grubby was that. He also gave some poor bloke the late knees across the back a few minutes later.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
macavity said:
matai

for sure

actually, half the manly team would make the dirty 13

1. slater
2. tate
3. matai
4. hodges
5. geyer
6. burns
7. kimmorley
8. webb
9. hughes
10. king
11. o'donnell
12. watmough
13. carroll
:sarcasm: thats a bit biased. You dont think Newton, Macdougal, Perry are dirty?

Muffdaddy

Juniors
Corey Huhges, Carl Webb, Craig Gower, Hodges and Slater, who is more of a cat , than a thug. He needs a good fore arm to the jaw, ala, SBW on Joey. That'll give him something to think about.

Hallatia

Referee
I would have to say Corey Hughes for obvious reasons
or Mark O'Meley I know it was only one incident but it was really bad, it was in a tigers dogs game, you guys may remember it better than me it was really ugly, tigers player came out so worse for wear and he did not even get cited and what he did was disgusting, I would rate it with the Danny Williams incident

DeeGan

Bench
My post was tounge in cheek - generally, he plays the game within the rules as far as I am concerned. He is a prop, he plays the game hard both in attack and defence looking to get over his opposite using any means necessary. I can't fault that, though I like the ol' throw back prop style minus the cheap shot :D

His judiciary record ain't that bad either from what I recall - please correct me if I am wrong.

With that said, he incident yesterday wasn't good and I would like to think he has a case to answer after the match review team have a look at it.

The knee to the head with the player laying on the ground wasn't the action of the Mark O'Meley I have come to know as a player.

Hallatia

Referee
DeeGan said:
My post was tounge in cheek - generally, he plays the game within the rules as far as I am concerned. He is a prop, he plays the game hard both in attack and defence looking to get over his opposite using any means necessary. I can't fault that, though I like the ol' throw back prop style minus the cheap shot :D

His judiciary record ain't that bad either from what I recall - please correct me if I am wrong.

With that said, he incident yesterday wasn't good and I would like to think he has a case to answer after the match review team have a look at it.

The knee to the head with the player laying on the ground wasn't the action of the Mark O'Meley I have come to know as a player.
the thing is, he has done it before, but he was not cited for it, which is a horrible precedent because the incident I referred to seemed quite malicious and so clearly intentional

DeeGan

Bench
Really? I can't comment - I am not aware of the incident you allude too.

If you're referring to the Bryce Gibbs episode who earlier elbowed O'Meley whislt on the ground (initiated a small brawl) whereby he then charged straight for Gibbs that knocked him out - I saw nothing in that.

I didn't like the celebrating and "yahooing" from the Canterbury players whilst there was a player motionless on the ground, though the incident was simply one prop drawing the line in the sand for the other - O'Meley won.

>zuzu<

Juniors
I think a better list would be..

Corey Hughes
Steve Matai
Brett Kimmorely
Matthew Utai
Billy Slater
Simon Woolford
Justin Hodges
Willie Mason
Chris Beattie
Nathan Fien
Matt Cooper

Lowdown

Juniors
Lance Hohaia is up there for sure. As is Buderus (king of the niggle/cheap shots).

And Brent Tate tries to be..but just comes across as pathetic.

macavity

Referee
Harold Bishop said:
:sarcasm: thats a bit biased. You dont think Newton, Macdougal, Perry are dirty?

Newto isn't dirty - one bad accidental act in a career, thats it.

Doogs only "crime" is stomping on Toovey's head. any non-manly fan has wanted to do the same, so that doesn't count.

Perry isn't "dirty". he is "stupid". King doesn't have the same excuse.

and LOL@ Storm fan calling Buderus dirty when his hooker is up there with the dirtiest running around.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
no one really dirty in that list. ... but i had to go with justin hodges...only when he was in the roosters outfit.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
macavity said:
Doogs only "crime" is stomping on Toovey's head. any non-manly fan has wanted to do the same, so that doesn't count.

I think Julian O'Neil would disagree, that was one mighty knee he copped from MacDougall in SOO.

Swap it with the head stomping becuase that was a service to Rugby League.

Latest posts