What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirtiest players in the NRL

Mr Fourex

Bench
Because 1 amazing player can't beat a team legends that's why dumb ass why are QLDers such brainless tools?

:roll:.....says the f*ckwit who has the grammar skills of a geniused 2 yr old.

Just walk away

I promise not to laugh.

15153890013937525141.gif

Adam Blair by a country mile and then some. Biggest grub I have come across since I started following league over 30 years ago.

He might have been dirty at the Storm but he's a clean-skin at the Tigers. The only dirty stuff I've seen from him at the Tigers is hitting our own players while they're trying to make a tackle. I'd imagine he'd like to do dirty stuff to the opposition but it's bit hard when they're constantly running past him as though he's standing still.

For mine, it's Cameron Smith. Every tackle he's trying to put someone's body part where it doesn't belong.

nqboy

First Grade
For mine, it's Cameron Smith. Every tackle he's trying to put someone's body part where it doesn't belong.
Don't know if 'd call it grubby but I'd penalise him out of the game if I reffed him. He's the best in the game at slowing the ruck down with his "clumsiness", getting tangeld up with the tackled player. Cons the refs every time.

Scorpio30

Bench
Ennis is up there...Just to make sure no one forgot about him, he did some hair pulling in the Warriors game.

firechild

First Grade
This.

And that Manly prop who dropped his elbow on a Warriors player in last years GF (his name escapes me).

George Rose. Surely one grubby act does not rank anywhere near the likes of Smith, Luke, Slater, Ennis, Gallen, etc? How about the NZ player who put his elbow into Lockyer's face in the pre-4 nations match in Newcastle last year, that would be at least as bad as what Rose did.

redvforlife

Juniors
Surely Hodges is going to get a mention in here somewhere?

And Farrah is good at hiding it, but he's as big a grub as Ennis is.

NAS

Juniors
Don't know if 'd call it grubby but I'd penalise him out of the game if I reffed him. He's the best in the game at slowing the ruck down with his "clumsiness", getting tangeld up with the tackled player. Cons the refs every time.

He's bloody good at it though.....He's a brilliant player is Cameron Smith...Head and shoulders the most intelligent player in the game....and that's what makes him great.

Stinkler

Juniors
Is it just me that thinks Sam Burgess is a grub?
Watching the last few weeks, he just seems to have turned a little dirty.

I'd put it on Twitter, but apparently he doesn't take kindly to that either, and will probably challenge me to a fight.

wibble

Bench
Grub, schmub.

Finding a highly rated forward who has played for at least a few seasons that someone doesn't think is the biggest "grub" in the game is nearly impossible (Harrison? Scott? Lewis? Matulino? someone must have it in for one of these guys...). You can't play a long time at the top level as a forward without fiery moments and some dangerous/reckless tackles.
Looking just at the Origin standard forwards we have-

NSW
Bird, Gallen, Watmough, Stewart, Ennis, Farah, Williams, all have had suspensions or dubious incidents over the years- only the new guys and Creagh (who is despised for his lack of fire) and maybe Lewis have no reps with anyone for being grubby.

QLD
Thaiday, Civoniceva, Myles, C.Smith, Shillington have recent or long term reputations for incidents. Hannant and Harrison have probably the best reputations of any modern good forwards, but are also seen sometimes as "quiet achievers" who could fire up a bit more.

NZ
JWH, J.Smith, Pritchard, Luke and Blair don't have great reputations. The lesser known or younger McKendry, Glenn, and Bromwich have yet to really build reputations.

Grub is something a player you don't like from a team you don't like is called, and "fiery", "high impact", "competitive" or "intimidating" are the forwards you like. Most the forwards with bad reputations also have very high work levels, so are more likely to have incidents due to fatigue, and higher frequency and higher impact contacts with opponents.

None of these guys have anything on the forwards of the 80s, and a good thing too, or their careers would be over. High shots, bites, gouging, king hits, wild brawls, kicking, stomping, ripping stitches, attacking players on the ground, spear tackles, and all manner of things the game doesn't need were part of every match, and forwards that didn't do those things were usually not respected.

Mr Fourex

Bench
None of these guys have anything on the forwards of the 80s, and a good thing too, or their careers would be over.

High shots, bites, gouging, king hits, wild brawls, kicking, stomping, ripping stitches, attacking players on the ground, spear tackles, and all manner of things the game doesn't need were part of every match, and forwards that didn't do those things were usually not respected.

You've just rattled off half of Paul Gallen's resume.......

Allo

Juniors
Russell Packer without a doubt.
Proved it to me last night. Blatantly shoulder charged little Matt Bowen even though neither player was contesting for the ball. There is no need for this thuggery.
Utter grub.

kbw

Bench
I have to agree with Burgess,didn't used to be but is now filth of the highest order, look at the St George game and the hit on Morris after he scored