What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

Suitman

Post Whore
I've just sat here for an hour and read all of todays proceedings.

I personally think that Colin could have handled things a little better, and his personal attack of Mark was not extremely productive for the potential incoming ticket.

I also think that MITS has every right to ask any questions he likes - there are some fairly poignant questions I'd like to ask of the current board.
I believe some of MITS's questions have been extremely valid.

But after having read through all the posts, I think it's a real shame that the focus has been more about MITS than it has been about what this thread is for.

Bigfella put it best in his summation.

Mark, go ahead and ask your questions, but don't be so f**king smug about it and accept that maybe, occassionally, you might not be correct.

Learn a very important human trait if you may - it's called humility. It goes a long way to gaining respect from others.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
And, thankyou Colin for answering my question regarding vote counting and scrutinising.

Suity

Hellsy

Immortal
I too have just spent time catching up on today's posts..... and I have 3 words to say:
F*CK ME DEAD

:BDH:

eels81236

Bench
honest question....
hypothetical.......
if voting does not go the way of 3p on sunday and grothe, kenny and price are not elected.

considering the members have had their say....will grothe kenny and price refrain from making comments in the media re DF and the board? the comments in the media made by these 3 in the past have proven to be unstabling for the orgonisation as a whole. will they ask massoud et al to take them off speed dial and refuse to continue to parra's standard "rent a quotes"?

will they decide...we have put up, members didnt want us so now we will shuttup?

eels81236

Bench
honest question....
hypothetical.......
if voting does not go the way of 3p on sunday and grothe, kenny and price are not elected.

considering the members have had their say....will grothe kenny and price refrain from making comments in the media re DF and the board? the comments in the media made by these 3 in the past have proven to be unstabling for the orgonisation as a whole. will they ask massoud et al to take them off speed dial and refuse to continue to parra's standard "rent a quotes"?

will they decide...we have put up, members didnt want us so now we will shuttup?

The Colonel

Immortal
OK, now that everyone has had a say in regard to the various personalities that exist within the forum how about we try and keep things on topic for now.

bartman

Immortal
***answer moved into 3P discussion thread, if we can carry this conversation into there makes life easier***

Last edited by a moderator:

bartman

Immortal
eels81236 said:
honest question....
hypothetical.......

Hypothetical answer... we know the media go chasing the comments on most occasions, as filler or controversy to sell their rags (to stupid mugs like us who keep buying or clicking on the sh*te).

Why the attempt to only blame one side of the equation. And why hasn't our club been more pro-active in giving that same media some copy (positive or promotional in nature) so it can fill its pages, reach its Eels quota with news our club creates, and then go elsewhere to other clubs for all the dramas?

Last edited by a moderator:

eels81236

Bench
Hypothetical answer... we know the media go chasing the comments on most occasions, as filler or controversy to sell their rags (to stupid mugs like us who keep buying or clicking on the sh*te).

Why the attempt to only blame one side of the equation. And why hasn't our club been more pro-active in giving that same media some copy (positive or promotional in nature) so it can fill its pages, reach its Eels quota with news our club creates, and then go elsewhere to other clubs for all the dramas?

massoud: G'day pricey. im doing a story on DF again. we are questioning his decision to hire the incoming coach. care to make a comment?

price: Look mate, I tried to run for the board last year and failed. Im sorry josh, but me airing my thoughts and dirty laundry on DF wouldnt do anything positive for the club. i love the club and the best thing i can do for it right now, especially through the media, is just keep quiet. gimme a call when you are doing a positive story.

junior009

Juniors
massoud: G'day pricey. im doing a story on DF again. we are questioning his decision to hire the incoming coach. care to make a comment?

price: Look mate, I tried to run for the board last year and failed. Im sorry josh, but me airing my thoughts and dirty laundry on DF wouldnt do anything positive for the club. i love the club and the best thing i can do for it right now, especially through the media, is just keep quiet. gimme a call when you are doing a positive story.

Hey look...a flying pig!!

Even if that were the way the conversation went we both know that something Pricey said would be printed and have a negative spin on it.

bartman

Immortal

I'd still be asking what our club is proactively doing to give the media plenty of Eels copy to run with, so they meet more than their Eels quota and have to look elsewhere for their rugby league muckracking.

The club employs professionals to promote it (properly) including to and within the media. Why the onus on what one individual (or 3) says or doesn't say when the media calls on them?

The Colonel

Immortal
sorry mate... i thought this is where you wanted me to ask 3p questions.:?

You've done the right thing, all good. I'm leaving this open for Col and the other 3P members to ansxwer them and not have to search through mountains of pages. ;-)

Any further discussion as opposed to replies from 3P is moved into the other thread.

eels81236

Bench
I'd still be asking what our club is proactively doing to give the media plenty of Eels copy to run with, so they meet more than their Eels quota and have to look elsewhere for their rugby league muckracking.

The club employs professionals to promote it (properly) including to and within the media. Why the onus on what one individual (or 3) says or doesn't say when the media calls on them?

positive stories dont sell newspapers.
price on the other hand bagging DF at every oportunity on the back page does

bartman

Immortal
Which was kind of my point... why hold the individual constantly approached by the media responsible for that. Do you buy the papers that approach is used to sell?

And what junior9 said above x2.

The only way for the club to beat all that is to be positive, promote itself as positive, and have a (much more) positive vibe around the place, than it did last off-season.

And seriously - like this election - all that media stuff kind of happens in a small little vacuum? It only matters to the few people who take that crap seriously. I doubt anything Price, Kenny, Sterlo or anyone said about the club publicly has effected anything on field in the slightest.