What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

eels81236

Bench
Don't forget Bart, but I suspect they are probably trying to keep a few things under their hat as well.

Suity

I dont want to hear pie in the sky type stuff like we WILL fill parra stadium. for every idea they have, i want to know HOW.

A party running for govt does not just say for example...10% tax cuts for all without telling us how this is going to be paid for. the notion that the other party may "steal" ideas is just ludicrous, except when mybe running for grade 4 class president?

On the other hand, maybe if the incumbents tell us NOTHING they feel they cant be letting us down. lord only knows what is going through their heads at the moment.

poorest campaigs in the history of rugby league.

Suitman

Post Whore
i think thats a pretty good question :thumn

colin posted some tangible stuff about how money could be better spent on all sorts of things - it seems kinda small but i thought that was good to hear ..... and also stuff about utilising the club better

i'd like to hear more about the potential sponsors - but understand there are reasons its not discussed - hopefully a little more can be revealed on sunday

yes this is the football club - which is different to the leagues club ... but in reality i think its an election about making the 2 mesh together better .... I agree with the statements made by 3P that the leagues club main purpose should be to support the footy club - and hence I see the 2 should be brought closer together

We are simple peolple Strides, but we think alike.

Nicely put.

Suity.

PS. Your simple, I'm not. I just said that for the sake of it. :lol:

mickdo

Coach
at NO stage have I ever said that it is not his right.
deep down, in his heart of hearts, will he decide that it does more harm than good to his beloved eels?

So he should shut up and let Fitzy rule forever no matter what he does? That's a very warped view you have...

bartman

Immortal
3P offer change, but then some say they need to put more subtsance in their material. Just curious as to the type of things people want to hear.

Seems to me, that 3P should be targetting the wider membership.

The catch is, to get people to vote. Get out the vote as the yanks say.

To do that, IMO, they need to put the case for change as it relates to the junior clubs, and how that relates to the NRL side. To do that, IMO, they should be strongly arguing the failings of the current board. Motivate people of the need to vote for change, and then they're positioned to capture those votes....
Yep.

Were it not from reading Colin's posts on here, the letter(s) that the broader membership have received do not really put the case for change as well as they might have. And we know that on here there aren't 660 or however many voting members will be in attendance.

Particularly today's letter - when I'd read that a second letter was coming, I thought it would be substantial, at least a couple of pages of ideas/details/case? But alas no, 3P perhaps falling into the patterns of their predecessors already... ;-)

But more seriously, perhaps 3P have missed the chance with this non-letter to capture more of the broader voting membership to vote for the majority they need to enact any change? If they don't happen to get there, I think they can look back on today's letter as a real big miss along the way....

Don't forget Bart, but I suspect they are probably trying to keep a few things under their hat as well.
For when it's all over and too late? Or other stuff for next year's election do you mean Suity?

Freak2

Juniors
I dont want to hear pie in the sky type stuff like we WILL fill parra stadium. for every idea they have, i want to know HOW.

A party running for govt does not just say for example...10% tax cuts for all without telling us how this is going to be paid for. the notion that the other party may "steal" ideas is just ludicrous, except when mybe running for grade 4 class president?

On the other hand, maybe if the incumbents tell us NOTHING they feel they cant be letting us down. lord only knows what is going through their heads at the moment.

You have obviously not read the entire thread (and I don't blame you!) P3 have stated on more than 1 occassion that there is plans but the timing on the announcement of these plans remains in the balance.

I think you are being harsh to bag the campaign, perhaps taking the blinkers off and a bit of patience would be healthy??

mickdo

Coach

In that case Fitzy has the job for life

No but they often promise they will be 'better' than those in power

A slight exaggeration

Suitman

Post Whore

And I've already questioned that part of the campaign. Unfortunately, the buck was passed by Colin Green to Eric Grothe, and eventually, it was ignored.

But surely, the 3P ticket cannot give out ALL their information. I believe that Colin has spoon fed us enough promises, that if not fulfilled, will ensure that 3P get the boot at the next election.

This is an election deciding the future of the club.
3P will want to back up their rhetoric, otherwise they'll be held accountable.

Suity

TheRam

Coach
Technically, can an OPINION really be wrong? Is that not an oxy-moron type situation.

No it is not an Oxy-MORON, and yes an opinion can be wrong.

If for example you were to say that in your opinion there is no gravity and that the world is flat then you would be WRONG. ;-)

emjaycee

Coach
To do that, IMO, they need to put the case for change as it relates to the junior clubs, and how that relates to the NRL side. To do that, IMO, they should be strongly arguing the failings of the current board. Motivate people of the need to vote for change, and then they're positioned to capture those votes....

Fish, the above extract from your post could be hitting the proverbial nail on the head.

My read on it is very similar however the one thing that 3P may be struggling with is how to reflect failings of the Board responsible for the juniors when the juniors continue to be successful. And how to then pass those non-existant failings onto the NRL responsible board.

yes this is the football club - which is different to the leagues club ... but in reality i think its an election about making the 2 mesh together better .... I agree with the statements made by 3P that the leagues club main purpose should be to support the footy club - and hence I see the 2 should be brought closer together

What strider states above about meshing the 2 clubs and boards back into one cohesive unit (despite financial guarantees, etc) should be the platform on which 3P are selling their messages. Get the passion/power/pride back, get the fans back, get the glory days back and do it on the back of a united RUGBY LEAGUE club - not a splintered FC and LC and NRL Club. They cant bring sponsors to the NRL club from the FC, they cant get legends into the shed to motivate players at half time and they cant get us (the fans) the things we are asking for of our NRL team from the current Football Club Board.

IMHO this all needs to be done from within the ONE mighty and united club.

Suitman

Post Whore
You have obviously not read the entire thread (and I don't blame you!) P3 have stated on more than 1 occassion that there is plans but the timing on the announcement of these plans remains in the balance.

I think you are being harsh to bag the campaign, perhaps taking the blinkers off and a bit of patience would be healthy??

Also, ignoring the fact that there has been NO campaign from the other campaigners.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
Fish, the above extract from your post could be hitting the proverbial nail on the head.

My read on it is very similar however the one thing that 3P may be struggling with is how to reflect failings of the Board responsible for the juniors when the juniors continue to be successful. And how to then pass those non-existant failings onto the NRL responsible board.

I've seen a few campaigns in my time. ;-)

What strider states above about meshing the 2 clubs and boards back into one cohesive unit (despite financial guarantees, etc) should be the platform on which 3P are selling their messages. Get the passion/power/pride back, get the fans back, get the glory days back and do it on the back of a united RUGBY LEAGUE club - not a splintered FC and LC and NRL Club. They cant bring sponsors to the NRL club from the FC, they cant get legends into the shed to motivate players at half time and they cant get us (the fans) the things we are asking for of our NRL team from the current Football Club Board.

Striders answer was good, and provides a good platform for 3P IMO. It is just a question of whether they have the skills to articulate it in an effective manner.

strider

Post Whore
I have a question about the leagues club vote that will happen later on .... not necessarily aimed at the 3P guys - anyone can answer

Q: everyone says the leagues club vote will be hard to win .... is this really true? .... are the overwelming majority of the members really not parra fans in the slightest? .... will alot of these ppl even bother voting?

bartman

Immortal
I guess you have to be a member to come and play the pokies.

And normally such people may not be inclined to vote, given that their pokies will still be there regardless.

But this year, if the pokie players are mobilised using empty scare tactics (like the poker tax line that Denis has always moaned publically about) then it might make it a harder election to win, especially on a platform about football.

(Despite supporting the football as being the original/true/priority for the Leagues Club, at least in the minds of the people we talk to at games and on here.)

Suitman

Post Whore

You know, that's about the best description of what is happening that I've read.

Sadly, it also raises the commonly raised question again about why they were split up in the first place.

This board have been a disgrace in my eyes. MY EYES.

If they can't perceive that people think they have made changes over the years to the constitution and running of the club, to protect their own interests, than they are more naive that I thought.

Get out and sell yourselve's, board members, or, come Sunday, you may as well meet us in the Sterlo Bar and drown your sorrows.

Suity

Parra Future

Juniors
Be careful that voting that way doesn't make your card null and void.

Suity

Suity, I'm tempted to say yes it would make it null and void. But if I am wrong, I will probably get shot and start another thread with 10,000 posts regarding why I didn't call the American National Security hotline. All jokes aside. Slept. Feel Better. Thinking Happy thoughts. MY understanding is that if you put "x" in the boxes, your vote will be null and void. If you mark the boxes with anywhere from 1 to 6 but not 7. It will be null and void. If you mark it with more than 7, again null and void. I believe you have to put the numbers 1 to 7 in the boxes of your choice for the vote to count.

fish eel

Immortal
I have a question about the leagues club vote that will happen later on .... not necessarily aimed at the 3P guys - anyone can answer

Q: everyone says the leagues club vote will be hard to win .... is this really true? .... are the overwelming majority of the members really not parra fans in the slightest? .... will alot of these ppl even bother voting?

I dont necessarily accept the argument the Leagues Club vote will be harder to win.

In fact, it could be easier than the football club. The football club has a smaller vote base - but a good portion of that will be already captured by the current board.

The Leagues Club has a bigger electorate, and while some of the base vote is captured by the current board, in terms of percentage it is probably not as great as what they hold in the football club elections.

Most people dont vote in the leagues club elections. Because voting occurs over several dates, you have, IMO, a greater chance to convince people of the need to vote. A big turn out from first time voters could swamp the board.

fish eel

Immortal
barty said:
like the poker tax line that Denis has always moaned publically about

But I'd mark that as a negative and a failing of the current board, that they have failed to fireproof the club.