What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

eels81236

Bench
Which was kind of my point... why hold the individual constantly approached by the media responsible for that. Do you buy the papers that approach is used to sell?

And what junior9 said above x2.

The only way for the club to beat all that is to be positive, promote itself as positive, and have a (much more) positive vibe around the place, than it did last off-season.

And seriously - like this election - all that media stuff kind of happens in a small little vacuum? It only matters to the few people who take that crap seriously. I doubt anything Price, Kenny, Sterlo or anyone said about the club publicly has effected anything on field in the slightest.

so the "ability" to make a comment isnt up to pricey. we both agree he will get a phone call anyhow.
cant he just say....no comment. if anything is printed he can then retract/deny the comment. this would then open avenues for the club and /or pricey to seek legal advice?

eels81236

Bench
Which was kind of my point... why hold the individual constantly approached by the media responsible for that. Do you buy the papers that approach is used to sell?

And what junior9 said above x2.

The only way for the club to beat all that is to be positive, promote itself as positive, and have a (much more) positive vibe around the place, than it did last off-season.

And seriously - like this election - all that media stuff kind of happens in a small little vacuum? It only matters to the few people who take that crap seriously. I doubt anything Price, Kenny, Sterlo or anyone said about the club publicly has effected anything on field in the slightest.

I understand that the club must paint itself in a good light. but having said that, the Bunnies spent millions promoting the club, with sths cares etc. BUT, there were more negative stories about sths than positive.

yes i buy the newspapers too, obviously many of us do. but when there is the inevitable negative story, do we really need pricey throwing extra logs onto the fire?

how do you measure such affect? you say its not on the footy field. trust me.... it has been more than enough to deter this little potential sponsor.

mickdo

Coach
so the "ability" to make a comment isnt up to pricey. we both agree he will get a phone call anyhow.
cant he just say....no comment. if anything is printed he can then retract/deny the comment. this would then open avenues for the club and /or pricey to seek legal advice?

I'm not sure I see the reason why Pricey has to keep his mouth shut 24/7... he isn't on the board, nor is he on the staff at Parra. Do us fans have to keep our traps shut for fear of it making the papers too?

eels81236

Bench
I'm not sure I see the reason why Pricey has to keep his mouth shut 24/7... he isn't on the board, nor is he on the staff at Parra. Do us fans have to keep our traps shut for fear of it making the papers too?

because he loves the club and realises that saying something usually does more harm than good.
fans comments are usually kept to the letters to the editor section....priceys are plastered over the back page

fish eel

Immortal
because he loves the club and realises that saying something usually does more harm than good.
fans comments are usually kept to the letters to the editor section....priceys are plastered over the back page

If Ray Price has an opinion on Parramatta then he has earnt the right to express it publicly ffs.

eels81236

Bench
If Ray Price has an opinion on Parramatta then he has earnt the right to express it publicly ffs.

at NO stage have I ever said that it is not his right.
deep down, in his heart of hearts, will he decide that it does more harm than good to his beloved eels?

scottyeel

Bench
DF apparently loves the club too and most of the dribble he comes out with does more harm than good.

bartman

Immortal
Question for 3P:

Can anyone from the team confirm - or deny - that due to the structure of the NRL partnership Board (that was created to not have direct elections, and is comprised of reps from the LC and FC Boards), the maximum number of Directors that 3P can structurally/constitutionally achieve at this election is 5 out of 7?

That is to say is there the possibility/likelihood that two of the incumbent directors must be declared re-elected, regardless of the outcome of the votes, because the FC must retain two current nominees on the above-mentioned NRL Board at all times?

I could be wrong, but that is my understanding. And I don't agree with the structure of the NRL Board thing being at arms length from direct election or member (LC or FC) input. Just trying to get some facts about the implications of voting in the members hands...

bartman

Immortal
deep down, in his heart of hearts, will he decide that it does more harm than good to his beloved eels?
Not if he believes that the club is heading in the wrong direction, and not speaking out causes more harm than speaking out.

That's the same reason many people have passed their opinion on different aspects of the club (fan relations, sponsorship and marketing, player performances and coaching) on here...

bartman

Immortal
I came home to the second 3P letter today... I must say it was a disappointment and a wasted opportunity imo.

Were they trying to out-Johnson Dr Johnson? The letter is a nothing letter. Hasn't convinced me to vote for their number 5 candidate (Chidiac) or for any of the lower candidates (Sassen, Lawless).

But at the moment no-one else is convincing me for those remaining votes either, so I might only give 5 votes if no-one else makes any efforts. The 3P ex-players, Gare, and Ovo?

Freak2

Juniors
Question: Under 3P leadership can the football club financially survive without any support from the Leagues Club?
Is it incorrect to think the Leagues club may not support the PDRLC with the demise of the current board members? (Noting that 2 must be on both boards)?

fish eel

Immortal
I've read a lot about people not being satisifed with the 'message', but what tangible things are you guys looking for?

Aside from saying you want to hear what their plans are - what do you want them to say? Keeping in mind this is the election for the junior sides, not the NRL......

bartman

Immortal
I've read a lot about people not being satisifed with the 'message', but what tangible things are you guys looking for?

Aside from saying you want to hear what their plans are - what do you want them to say? Keeping in mind this is the election for the junior sides, not the NRL......
Not sure if this is to me... but since it's under my post, all I was saying was today's letter was a waste of a stamp imo.

3P essentially have their own broad cross-section focus group of fans/members on here, perhaps could have taken some of the things raised in discussions since the last letter (eg postal voting for the future), just so the 2nd letter had some semblance of substance, for those not already convinced.

Suitman

Post Whore
Not sure if this is to me... but since it's under my post, all I was saying was today's letter was a waste of a stamp imo.

3P essentially have their own broad cross-section focus group of fans/members on here, perhaps could have taken some of the things raised in discussions since the last letter (eg postal voting for the future), just so the 2nd letter had some semblance of substance, for those not already convinced.

Don't forget Bart, but I suspect they are probably trying to keep a few things under their hat as well.

Suity

TheRam

Coach

That is your opinion, not mine.

WTF...Pricey or anyone else that is asked for an opinion should say what ever the fu*k they feel needs to be said. If that means bagging the crap out of certain useless tools, then the more the better.

If there was no justification for his rant then no one would take any notice would they?

To think that negative comments like the ones Pricey and Co make from time to time are not in the best interests of the club, then to bad for you, but you are wrong.

fish eel

Immortal

Not to anyone in particular. A general question, triggered by your post.

This is a very simple reading of it but:

People want change.
3P offer change, but then some say they need to put more subtsance in their material. Just curious as to the type of things people want to hear.

Seems to me, that 3P should be targetting the wider membership.

The catch is, to get people to vote. Get out the vote as the yanks say.

To do that, IMO, they need to put the case for change as it relates to the junior clubs, and how that relates to the NRL side. To do that, IMO, they should be strongly arguing the failings of the current board. Motivate people of the need to vote for change, and then they're positioned to capture those votes....

strider

Post Whore

i think thats a pretty good question :thumn

colin posted some tangible stuff about how money could be better spent on all sorts of things - it seems kinda small but i thought that was good to hear ..... and also stuff about utilising the club better

i'd like to hear more about the potential sponsors - but understand there are reasons its not discussed - hopefully a little more can be revealed on sunday

yes this is the football club - which is different to the leagues club ... but in reality i think its an election about making the 2 mesh together better .... I agree with the statements made by 3P that the leagues club main purpose should be to support the footy club - and hence I see the 2 should be brought closer together

Latest posts