What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

the guru

Juniors
i hopefully bring the success feeling with me which was instilled in me by the late jack gibson and the ability to talk to people on all levels .

strider

Post Whore
thanks for taking the time bob and guru - its great you guys are coming online to chat to ppl

I'm interested to know what sort of involvement you guys would have with the football operations should you make the board ... will you have much to do with the players? ... I am unsure what level of involvement the current board has

mickdo

Coach
At the 2001 football club an extraordinary motion was passed to take control of our first grade squad (NRL) to the Leagues Club. My understanding was that the leagues administration (the board) at the time said they could not guarantee leagues club funding to the football club.

Is it easily reversible from the Football club side, or would it require a vote from both bodies to restore the NRL squad's control back to the Football club?

Team,

Parramatta is not just a team supported in the district but also into other states of Australia. Is it your intention to further push the Eels "brand" into other states and if so, how?

Cheers
Matt

mickdo

Coach
i hopefully bring the success feeling with me which was instilled in me by the late jack gibson and the ability to talk to people on all levels .

It will probably be at a pretty low level with most of us in here ;-)

Is there any particular aspect of the future of the club that you would like to be involved with should you be elected?

parra pete

Referee
Why the big push to oust Denis Fitzgerald from the position of CEO?
What has he done wrong in relation to his duties over the past decade?
Why should Michael Johnston, Chris Jurd, Don Ritchie be speared?
The was I see it Mick Johnno is the doyen of Club doctors, Chris Jurd has been active in getting players off at judiciary hearings, and Don Ritchie has been there through the good times and the bad.
"Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it".....

eels81236

Bench
As a long time voting member of the Football Club, let me start by saying that I am yet to decide on my preferred candidates.

IN MY OPINION, the "campaigns" that have been run from both "parties" have been nothing short of atrocious.

As for the incumbents, their campaign has been conspicuous by its absence. We can only assume that no news is good news? Perhaps they figure they have the numbers already? Either way their campaign has been so poor that I am loathe calling it a campaign. I think over estimating the value of status quo may give them all a little surprise.

The information given from the P3 campaign on the other hand, has been all head and no beer. Not a schooner glass mind you. Not a "Bondi schmiddy" or even a middy glass. It's an unwashed shot glass' worth. You could drink it, but you would have to fight it down.
All I read in the letter sent (at least it was sent) was political propaganda. I first laugh at the "we will fill Parra stadium" and the "we will win a premiership" comments. Just how do they plan to do this? That is the information that I need.
I commend the P3 ticket's desire to be more transparent and accountable. Transparency, or perhaps member knowledge, is a major issue, particularly so for the new generation of members to the club. It would be great to be, as they say, "in the loop". However, how do they plan to become more accountable? Hold elections more frequently? Forced removal of underperforming board members? How will they be more accountable for their actions and/or performance? What changes will they make to ensure this?
As for their promise of increased revenue through increased sponsorship and other revenue sources. A bold statement to make considering the current economic environment (man I hate that phrase). Worldwide, sports sponsorship has been massively affected already. Strike any car manufacturer etc off the potentials list for a start. Once again, how do they plan to do this? New sales and marketing budget? New sales and marketing team? Out-source such departments?
As for the "list" of guarantees. It's just baseless propaganda. We won't repeat their mistake is a pretty poor guarantee for such an "important" election. The instigation for the ticket was June 20. Surely they could have come up with something more tangible than that in such a time period.
They then go on to list the candidates and their credentials. 3 of the 7 candidates, that’s about 43% of the tickets, can only list their credentials as former Parramatta greats. I would have preferred to know exactly what they can bring to the table. What did Brett Kenny discover whilst labouring for a builder down the road a few years ago? What were the footy shorts (circa 1984) that he wore EVERY day telling him? Perhaps he discovered it waiting in traffic now that he has returned to sales?
Same of Eric Grothe. Although he has stated he just wants to do his little bit, whatever that means. It doesn't sound too convincing. As for Ray Price, please correct me if I am wrong (don't sue) but did he not go broke and/or bankrupt?

I'm sorry if that sounded like all out attack on P3, but unfortunately they are the only party giving anything worthy of discussion, however baseless it is. After all, it is a comment on the campaigns and if the incumbents don't have one I can hardly comment on it.

Unfortunately, the fact that most of the campaigning (from either party) has been done in this thread, on this relatively little known chat forum is absolutely laughable. I know that there is a link to this forum doing the rounds via email already ridiculing the club for the current situation.

Bob Gare

Juniors
mickdo. Not all that I thought could have been achieved happended.
12 years have gone by and I will ask you all what has changed in the Parra footy club. You know the broncos have 10,000 footy club members.
I will also ask this how many Parra seasoned ticket holders are footy club members. and conversely how many foor club members are seasoned ticket holders And again here we are on the "toolbox of the 21st century) excuse the pun I mean how easy is it to communicate with supporters.
I am now fully retired and can devote more time as like you all I love this club

mickdo

Coach
Unfortunately, the fact that most of the campaigning (from either party) has been done in this thread, on this relatively little known chat forum is absolutely laughable. I know that there is a link to this forum doing the rounds via email already ridiculing the club for the current situation.

Relatively little known chat forum? I believe this is the largest Parramatta forum on the web actually... including the one on the Official site

If you are after answers, perhaps you could ask the 3P members personally, politely, right now

TheRam

Coach
The way I see it is this. There are 2 tickets running for election. The first ticket are the incumbents, who amongst other failings that I will not go into here, are the ones who can't guarantee our future for more then five more years.

Then there is the second ticket P3, who as in life, cannot guarantee the exact outcome of all their aims and ideas, but who believe in themselves enough to take on such a task. To my delight and their credit they seem to have a grand plan and the strategy to execute some real changes for the betterment of this great club we all love.

Well maybe the questions for all the voting members that need to be answered are these.

1 "Do I want the last 23 years to continue for maybe another 5 before I am told that Parra cannot continue as a stand alone enity if at all anymore."

Or

2 "Do I vote for a ticket that offers fresh ideas that will take on this new difficult market place. One that challenges the way we have done things in the past. Shows real interest in the NRL team and its supporters, and has transparency. Ultimately striving to make our football club a powerhouse and a successful model for many, many years to come.

mickdo

Coach
mickdo. Not all that I thought could have been achieved happended.
12 years have gone by and I will ask you all what has changed in the Parra footy club. You know the broncos have 10,000 footy club members.
I will also ask this how many Parra seasoned ticket holders are footy club members. and conversely how many foor club members are seasoned ticket holders And again here we are on the "toolbox of the 21st century) excuse the pun I mean how easy is it to communicate with supporters.
I am now fully retired and can devote more time as like you all I love this club

Obviously you can't give away intricate details of how that could be improved, but what would 3P's overall plan be in terms of lifting membership numbers? A grass roots approach, advertising, or something else?

murraymob

Coach
as a Penrith outsider looking in BoB or Guru appearing here on Lu will that be at least a weekly thing if you are elected.Because you would be one of the few clubs along with Penrith where board members allow questions from fans

Parra Future

Juniors
Thanks Mickdo for your support.

Eels81236, I think you can at least give the guys a bit of credit for at least coming on here and acknowledging people and trying to answer questions. We are also having a BBQ next Sunday at 9am outside the club so people can have another hour before the decision to vote.

In the whole time that I have been on this site over the last 24 hours, at no stage have I or the others put any propaganda out about the current board, and if anything, we have refrained from making comments. What was written on the letter that was sent out to members is not propaganda but what we believe. A question was asked earlier in the day by suitman about how do we believe that we can deliver a premiership. We are planning on getting the whole place right. From top to bottom. You'd notice when you start getting everything right, other things fall into place.

Eels81236, I give the guys on the ticket for being big enough to come on here and face people. It would not be an enviable task. Clearly we have not seen the other directors on here putting their case forward. Clearly, in the paper, we have not heard from the other side either. Clearly, by mail, we have not received anything from the other side. Clearly, by telephone, we have not received anything from them. Clearly, we are also not going to get one hour with them prior to the election. We have tried to utilise any many types of media as possible with minimal time remaining. We also all have lives to run, and are putting alot of time into trying to improve OUR club. I think that deserves praise.

Col.

parra pete

Referee
as a Penrith outsider looking in BoB or Guru appearing here on Lu will that be at least a weekly thing if you are elected.Because you would be one of the few clubs along with Penrith where board members allow questions from fans

Good post....

eels81236

Bench
Relatively little known chat forum? I believe this is the largest Parramatta forum on the web actually... including the one on the Official site

If you are after answers, perhaps you could ask the 3P members personally, politely, right now

Relax fella.

Notice the word "relatively" ? On Sunday, ask each of the 600 odd members if they knew of this thread, and should it have been the major stage on which to do the preaching?

as for the questions, I think I may have just asked them.

eeladdick

Juniors

A least we can discuss what we want without it having to go through the club ,and laughable .... your here to see whats being said,so is it laughable that your here..

Raudonikis

Juniors
Col
there are a few that come on here to rubbish everything and thats not what most people here are like,as you have found out this weekend

Latest posts