What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

parra pete

Referee
No one is blaming fitzy for the inability of players performance they are blaming him for comments, ( i can't Guarantee parra lasting another 5 years) lack of investment ( no new sponsors and always carrying on about the pokie tax)and the fact he is stale

So, in other words, you only want to hear the 'good news'..and you believe that the pokie tax is a myth...

Yes men.......are the last thing the Eels need....

Parra Future

Juniors
Parra-matters,

In regards to your first post in the last 5 minutes, on our agenda is to increase the membership numbers of a proud club. Having around 600 members is a bit poor. We are not looking at degrading the notion of being a member but looking to increase our members.

In regards to the second comment regarding the Pokie Tax. Yes I believe myself that it is hurting clubs as well and is very great for the state government coffers, however, I also believe that it is a weak excuse for not performing. I can sit here all day and say that the market is weak and my current business is struggling and sit on my hands and do nothing and blame the economy and sink further into quicksand. Or I could take a different approach and become extremely pro-active and get off my butt and go and make new business and fine tune my current activities.

Alot of people panic and always think that the first solution is to cut and burn. Sometimes it may be necessary. But it is also a knee jerk reaction when first, you haven't tried to improve your current business and second, you have tried to increase your customerbase.

There is a certain club in Sydney that is absolutley booming at the moment. I have been in there several times this year and it spins me out how pro-active this management team has been. They should be applauded. I have talked with their General Manager and not once did he bring up a Pokie Tax. It is nothing more than an excuse.

Parra could be really successful financially in the club if it stopped looking for excuses and started looking for answers. We have already done that on the 3P ticket, and wish to implement what we have come up with.
ACTION & RESULTS, not blame & excuses.

Colin,
I have a retail business and agree that in tough time you can suceed as my sales are up over 10% on the same time last year just by doing extra marketing and finding new customers. Apart from Hellys efforts on here no one would know anything about the PDRLC or how to join as the current admin and board have done nothing to promote them selves.

Parra Future

Juniors
I cant really help you out in regards to the current board. A new board however is a different story.

Are you a member already or do you want me to give you the info you require. I have seen on other posts that Hellsy has helped other people on this forum and that is great. You can hit me up or Hellsy. I'm sure either of us will be able to help.

For anyone that is not a current member and wishes to become one, send me a private message and I am more than happy to help out.

I cant really help you out in regards to the current board. A new board however is a different story.

Are you a member already or do you want me to give you the info you require. I have seen on other posts that Hellsy has helped other people on this forum and that is great. You can hit me up or Hellsy. I'm sure either of us will be able to help.

For anyone that is not a current member and wishes to become one, send me a private message and I am more than happy to help out.
I am a current member but not a voting member til next year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I agree..and it is probably due for some of the Board to be voted off.
But Who? Mick Johnno? Chris Jurd? Geoff Gerard? Ron Hilditch? Alan Overton? Don Ritchie?
Would Pricey, Guru and Bert have the business intelligence to do an effective job in running a multi million dollar business????
This seems to be a personal bid to oust Fitzy - and he still has his job until he quits or is sacked..and I would like to know on what grounds he can be sacked?
I can't see how Fitzy is to blame for the inability of players to perform on the paddock.
You have either got it..or you don't.
BTW ...I agree with Hindy's blog and what he said about Denis....
Give me an emperor to a yes man ANYDAY....

as far as I'm concern, Fitzy has nothing to do with my desire to see some fresh faces on the board, but seeing you asked the question I can guarentee at this point in time only Alan Overton and Geoff Gerard are the only peiople from the current board that I've included in my group of 7 that I'll be voting for next sunday, things can change between now and sunday but I think those 2 have mad an impact on the board this year and I'd like them left there.

and it goes beyond what happaned on the field, but just remember this, Fitzy single handidly pesured Hagan in a one horse race for the coaching job a few years back and didn't even give JT the decency of an interview despite the fact that he compiled a very extensive report on why he should be considered for the job.

The Hagan tenure has proven to be an absolute disaster and Fitzy and the board should be held accountable for it.

Parra Future

Juniors
Parra-matters,

Come down to the AGM anyway. At least you can meet both sides and get a feel for both. I think it is going to be a pretty big turnout.

Last edited:
Come down to the AGM anyway. At least you can meet both sides and get a feel for both. I think it is going to be a pretty big turnout.
Would love to but it's a 6hour drive and it's grand final time for retail with xmas just around the corner will be opening the shop.
That is why i'm so peed off that proxies aren't allowed as i will never get to a AGM in december.

Parra Future

Juniors
Parra-matters,

You should send the current board a letter asking them what their stance will be should they stay in. Ask them what their thoughts are on proxies and will it ever change. Worth a shot.

Suitman

Post Whore
Parra Future,

On the letter I received yesterday, it is stated on page 3 that, and I quote

"We will fill Parramatta Stadium again"

"We will win another Grand Final WITH YOUR VOTE"

I suspect you know that it is impossible to guarantee such claims, so can you qualify the exact message that was trying to be conveyed from those two statements?

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Thanks Colin.

I actually got Terry Leabeater's number on a jersey as a kid, and like the quotes I've seen from him in the last two weeks. It would be good if he makes it on here by Wednesday to say g'day.

as far as I'm concern, Fitzy has nothing to do with my desire to see some fresh faces on the board, but seeing you asked the question I can guarentee at this point in time only Alan Overton and Geoff Gerard are the only peiople from the current board that I've included in my group of 7 that I'll be voting for next sunday, things can change between now and sunday but I think those 2 have mad an impact on the board this year and I'd like them left there.
I'm feeling similar Stags, and I think it has been mentione don here before (and alluded to by Colin) that constitutionally it is impossible for 3P to claim all seven spots in this election? Even if it is a rout and 3P cliam the highest 7 voting tallies two incumbents must remain on, for reasons I have now forgotten...

I would like a say in who those two incumbents that remain will be, and the only way I can get that is by giving two of them my vote. (Otherwise the two incumbents who remain will be decided by the weight of votes for people that have perhaps not voted for any 3P members among their 7.) Ovo should get the highest number of votes of the incumbents, I'm leaning toward Gerard as who I want to make sure gets the second highest of the incumbents.

It's possible that anyone might be able to answer this question:

Are facilities such as Richie Benaud Oval controlled by the Football Club or by another body?

Parra Future

Juniors
Hollywood Jesus,

I don't know the answer to that question. Maybe someone else can enlighten us on that one.

*************** IMPORTANT NEWS ******************

Just so you are all aware, Terry Leabeater was going to join this thread last night but his computer crashed because of a virus. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next 24 hours and he can then come online. In the meantime, I have just got of the phone to Eric Grothe Snr (GURU) and he will be coming onto this thread tonight at 7pm sharp. His name on the thread will be "The Guru" just so you know that it is not an imposter. Suitman, in regards to your question that was post 72, I'll let Guru answer that one tonight.

************** IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND ************

On one last note, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep all questions related to the upcoming football election and any thoughts or questions that you may have for the 3P ticket. I have told Guru that it is not going to be a questions and answers forum on his son. I would hate to think that a man is going to take his time to answer questions about the upcoming election and everybody turns it into a "what we think of Jnr session". Please out of respect, can you please keep those questions for maybe another time.
Thanks.

SEE YOU ALL ON THIS SITE AT 7PM tonight.

Regards,

Col Green.

bartman

Immortal
Cheers Colin.

HJ, I thought Richie Benaud oval came under Parramatta Council, could be wrong though.

murraymob

Coach
It's possible that anyone might be able to answer this question:

Are facilities such as Richie Benaud Oval controlled by the Football Club or by another body?

The park and oval come under parramatta council..Normally any junior league ground is rented by the junior club using them from the council directly

Glenn

First Grade
I know that it has been mentioned that new sources of financial backing will be available if the 3P ticket is succesful, but given these uncertain financial times if one or more of these new sources fails to materialise is there a back up stratergy in place?

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I agree..and it is probably due for some of the Board to be voted off.
But Who? Mick Johnno? Chris Jurd? Geoff Gerard? Ron Hilditch? Alan Overton? Don Ritchie?
Anyone who thinks that Denis Fitzgerald should remain CEO without his performance being questioned. Anyone that hasn't made any meaningful contributions recently.

Would Pricey, Guru and Bert have the business intelligence to do an effective job in running a multi million dollar business????
A board should be made up of a variety of people. To be honest, the idea of voting for some people from one team and some from another is flawed. You need to vote for a TEAM. Unfortunately it doesn't normally work that way and the system is a little flawed, but it is the best one we have at the moment.

This seems to be a personal bid to oust Fitzy
No, it seems like a professional bid to oust Fitzy. Or at least the board.

- and he still has his job until he quits or is sacked..and I would like to know on what grounds he can be sacked?
Why is that? Does he not have a fixed term contract? If he is on some kind of contract that is open-ended that doesn't include performance indicators then the first people that should be voted off the board are ANYONE that agreed to that.

I am sure there are some lawyers that may be able to go into this in more detail than I can but if, for some reason, it is impossible to get him out of his contract, then it is the Board's responsibility to set the direction that it wants the business to go and it is the CEO's responsibility to then see that direction carried out. If Fitzy stays as CEO with a new board he would have to run the business how they wanted it to be run and if he didn't do that he could quite easily be sacked for performance related issues.

BTW ...I agree with Hindy's blog and what he said about Denis....
Hindy is a player who said he appreciated that Denis didn't get involved in football operations. Hindy may be God to us but his voice is worth no more than you or I - probably less given the angle he is coming from compared to us.

Give me an emperor to a yes man ANYDAY....

The problem is that Denis is the Emperor because the men that are supposed to be telling him what to do are the YES men.

In my opinion, the two best things said on here by PF are 1) that the Board should lead the CEO, and 2) that the members won't get a huge say in day to day matters.

That is how it should be. Members elect the board, the board sets the agenda, the CEO carries it out. If the CEO is not doing what the Board expect, then the board need to get rid of him or face being got rid of. At the moment the current board is keeping the CEO, so they need to go.

mickdo

Coach
Colin, many thanks for coming on and giving us all this information, it is much appreciated. I don't get to vote until next year but will be there next weekend in any case and look forward to meeting you and the 3P crew.