What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

bartman

Immortal
I think we can take it as read that the mission statement will be shared by current directors, nominees for director, and all members alike. The thing that matters in my opinion is the way the members elected to the Board will go about it - the ideas the have, the ability to change with the times, and the energies they can put into it.

Guru, Bob, Colin... I have long thought that the membership - the fans - are an underused resource by the club - football club and NRL partnership for that matter. If elected, will 3P nominees seek to involve the club's membership more positively moving forward - through ideas like regular fan forums or a fans reference group?

Not for tinkering in day-to-day decisions or the work of the Board etc, but engaging with the as a source of opinions, new ideas and energies, and avenues of communication - all of which that doesn't seem to have been happening in recent years where it seems to have got to an us-v-them situation, from the club towards its fans/members.

bartman

Immortal
by the way chaps i have heard a rumor that the current playing squad have training commitments and will be unavailable to Vote , do you know if this is true
I believe there was a snippet in the paper a few weeks ago (Bec and Buzz paragraph, not linked online) that had a story about Daniel Anderson making his "first mistake" at Parra by calling Sunday training sessions, with the rumour that some players were not happy, given this was what they had come to view as their off-season family day or something to that effect.

At the time I was happy that DA is making the squad train more often in the off-season, because they clearly weren't well prepared for this season at the start, and several had gotten themselves into off-season trouble with too much time on their hands. But perhaps this is basis of the rumour you are hearing Eela?

johnkolc

Juniors
Well i think it is great that Bob, Colin and the Guru make the time to go online and answer some questions. Long may that and transperancy continue. ;-) Communication cannot be a bad thing.

Agree 100% with this one. I'm not yet a voting member of the footy club but by golly if I was there'd be 3P all over my ballot.

Thanks to all the guys for making their time available to come on the forum and share a bit about themselves and their ideas.

murraymob: that could be one of the things to look at. Q why is the footyclub so small in membership?

A: Because it doesn't run an NRL club and have the marketing resources of such. The NRL side has what the NRL would classify as a membership approaching 5.500 people.

Which is also interesting when we go back to your point about the Mission Statement.

This year the club DID win 2 premierships and lost in the Grand Final of the other league they compete in.

Glenn

First Grade
murraymob: that could be one of the things to look at. Q why is the footyclub so small in membership?

Promotion or the lack there of, prehaps something that has just been overlooked by the current board, or maybe deliberatly so that come elections time A relativly small voter turnout which tends to be set in there ways.

strider

Post Whore
i'll have a go at answering that ..... a) no one knows about it; b) there is no perceived benefit to it ..... although right now alot of people may be wishing they could vote and have a say - however there hasn't been much opportunity for that vote to mean anything for some time

the guru

Juniors
Guru, do you think the structure of the voting process for the Football club etc needs changing? Introducing Proxy voting and reducing the 3 year non-voting period for new members have been talked about... do you agree with changing these?

sorry mickdo
that would be one of the first areas we would look at , i dont understand why the board elections should not be held every year , we want to be held accountable for our performance and that should be reviewed every year

bartman

Immortal
sorry guys but im struggling to get the hang of this , im still here.
You're doing well Mr Grothe :thumn

A question for you if you get the chance. With these elections being about the Footy Club (Junior teams and our Wenty side) can you tell us a bit about your experience with junior league (coaching involvements etc) and knowledge about arrangements with our Wenty team (essentially Eels reserve grade)?

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Why should Michael Johnston, Chris Jurd, Don Ritchie be speared?
The was I see it Mick Johnno is the doyen of Club doctors, Chris Jurd has been active in getting players off at judiciary hearings, and Don Ritchie has been there through the good times and the bad.
I would like to ask a question based on this comment.

See, I think this thinking is flawed, and I think the way our club has been run is flawed. I have done some training on the responsibilities of a Board, and I think the above represents where we have been going wrong.

Some things that the Board have been doing - eg helping out at the judiciary - are operational matters, and I don't think that is supposed to be the responsibility of the Board.

The Board is supposed to direct the business, not get involved in all the little operational matters. I believe that we have had it arse up for a long time - the CEO has been directing the Board.

So, what I want to know is - how will you guys change the way that the Board runs? Do you have an understanding of the process of Boards and how much they should get involved at an Operational level. If so, where did you learn this?

I have found that one of the hardest things when moving 'up' in the corporate world is that you need to be able to make decisions without actually being involved in a hands-on way. What experiences does your team have at directing a vision, and overseeing responsibilities for a business from a senior, all encompassing level, without actually being at the coalface?

Bob Gare

Juniors
I am not sure if I have answered all your q's. I have missed the roast it is in the oven and the kids have the sh--s. But what the heck.
Please get back to me if I missed you q

So you can guarantee that? We will win a premiership if you are elected? We will fill Parramatta Stadium if you are elected?

If you can not then it is plainly false.

Can you also claim that these things will not happen with the current board?

...... at least they are talking positive. Unlike Denis who said we won't be around 5 years pffft.

Parra Future

Juniors
Bartman,

We actually have alot of things planned in regards to the fans. I can't recall if I have shared them previously. There would be numerous mailouts from us letting everyone know what is happening. Fan days with the players I do not believe would be capped at under 2 per year. Both involving new ideas not seen previously with Parra already. There are alot of good things lined up.

MITS,

I've read alot of your posts. Its interesting that you just want to go to the games and thats it. You might find you would win some more friends if you actually gave a hoot about the actual club that helps put the team on the field. Theres more to it then putting 13 on a field and 4 on a bench. Tonight all you have done is critisise alot. If you don't want people on here we can all go away and fans can keep being upset that nothing changes. I think you need to realise that we are TRYING to make changes happen. There is a difference between people who stand up, and people who stick their heads in the stand. Its a real pity your taking the wrong option.

mickdo

Coach
I am not sure if I have answered all your q's. I have missed the roast it is in the oven and the kids have the sh--s. But what the heck.
Please get back to me if I missed you q

Thanks Bob for taking time to speak with us

sorry mickdo
that would be one of the first areas we would look at , i dont understand why the board elections should not be held every year , we want to be held accountable for our performance and that should be reviewed every year

Mr Grothe,

May I firstly say it is a pleasure to see you here.

I was at the meeting where that was voted in. The 2 year terms. As it was explained to us, the members that voted to have it introduced. The move is to bring it into line with the Leagues Club, which also hold bi-annual elections, If yearly elections continue for example at the football club an your ticket were to run and be successful in the football club elections, the leagues club would have to hold an extra-ordinary meeting and vote to include new football club directors.

Regards,
Mark Hepworth

bartman

Immortal
sorry mickdo
Great answer.

I have some suspicions about the recent move to elections every two years.

I would much rather see elections held every year, with the waiting time for eligibility to vote brought back to one year. I think there does have to be some waiting period to vote to avoid a massive personality-based "stacking" and people paying for some people to become members etc, what do you guys think?

PS, bringing in proxy votes for elections and motions on notice for eligible voting members is a must, imo. I cannot fathom the club's history of not pursuing this actively as membership has (thanks only to promotion by Hellsy through this forum) expanded.

Latest posts