What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Bob, i totally support you guys and your endeavours, i was pretty much speaking for those who are skeptical. I really hope you guys get in as i have faith and confidence that you can implement the right changes for our organisation to be succesful, on as well as off the field.

Bob Gare

Juniors
Thanks butch82. we realize that it is not going to be easy but we are here for the hard slog and the long haul

Non voting members like myself didn't get a letter and don't know as much about 3p as voting members do. How will the Legends help in running this business? Football is a business now a days not just a sport.

Bob Gare

Juniors
Mick, when I retired from the cops, my wife and I started a home based business from scratch in the importing and exporting market of motor vehicle accessories. We worked hard and built the business to a stage that we could no longer handle it as a hisbanf/wife operation. We employed a guy on a casual basis but the time we were spending made is difficult to be with our kids etc etc. we decided to sell and i am pleased to say that the business is still in operation.

Bob Gare

Juniors
Parra matters could not agree more. obviously at this stage we have to get out message to voting members they are the ones who can effect change a board level. when we are successfull we will communicat with EVERY member of the footy club.

The P Eel

Juniors
Bob, i totally support you guys and your endeavours, i was pretty much speaking for those who are skeptical. I really hope you guys get in as i have faith and confidence that you can implement the right changes for our organisation to be succesful, on as well as off the field.

Bob - i am pretty much a supporter aswell (albeit non-voting) just wanted to see the facts on paper (so to speak) to assist others in making the decision. Good Luck. :cool:

I fully support 3P as non-voting member also and lets face it, if they get in and don't preform to our liking in 2 years we can vote them out again, really what do we have to lose?

Bob Gare

Juniors
Parra matters, Eric Ray and Brett bring a unique culture to our team, they know how to win. Privately they have had talks with current 1st graders from our club and others and one of the q's that is asked of them is how they played for 80 minutes. These guys are passionate obout our club and excited as to what we will be bale to achieve as a team.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I fully support 3P as non-voting member also and lets face it, if they get in and don't preform to our liking in 2 years we can vote them out again, really what do we have to lose?

Exactly!!! we can just vote them out much earlier then previously, why not tak ethat chance? it's evident changes are needed, why are people still on the fence? oh let me guess..

Bob Gare

Juniors
I want to ask you all a q. do you feel you are being keep in the 'loop' as far as your team is concerned from the current management

I want to ask you all a q. do you feel you are being keep in the 'loop' as far as your team is concerned from the current management
No not at all, we get a annual report and thats it really.
Being a out of towner that was a reason i joined to be kept in the loop so to speak, i don't know any more than i did before i was a member.

The P Eel

Juniors

No - but i have only been a member this year (though season ticket holder for numerous years).. But some others on this thread seem to have the contacts or know how - i wonder if that is because they are on the front foot and ask or are in the know...

parra pete

Referee
Bob, you were on the Football Club Board previously. So was Ray Price.
Did either of you get voted out - or did you quit, and for what reason?
What are the guarantees that if you both gain election, in a minority, that you can work with Denis, the most experienced administrator in the NRL, bar none, given Ray Price's intense dislike of the bloke?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Bob one question, do you regulary visit the Parramatta Eels website? and if so what is your opinion of it? now go and look at the Websites particulary the Bulldogs.

As for your question before, could you please be a more specific.

Bob Gare

Juniors
Parra matters that is really sad. The Eels brand is so marketable that we should be in every state. Our PM said that this internet is the toolbox of the 21st century. I mean how easy is it for me to talk to you guys.
Now there is no reason I believe that all supporters should not become members of this great club, however we (the board) must provide the environment.

Bob Gare

Juniors
Parra pete I was elected to the board in 96, stood for re election in 97.
I have know Denis for a long time. I had a good working relationship with him when on the board. I know that i will be able to work with him again,

Bob Gare

Juniors
Ron, yes I have looked at the website and in my opinion it can be really smartened up. I did some research on the dogs, tigers, sea eagles and broncos site. I think they are much better.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ron, yes I have looked at the website and in my opinion it can be really smartened up. I did some research on the dogs, tigers, sea eagles and broncos site. I think they are much better.

Thanks Bob for the reply. It's terrible, and it has been discussed at length on this board at various times.

Bob Gare

Juniors
Parra pete, maybe you should be asking Denis can he work with Ray because you could believe that he has intense dislike for him