What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

Bob Gare

Juniors
I also looked at several american footy web sites ie my fav/Chicago Bears. They have history, former playing strip, the list goes on. It is worth a look.

bartman

Immortal
Well done Bob for coming back online here. Great to see candidates reaching out to people in many different ways, seeking their opinions as well as sharing their own.

I hope that it can happen in a semi-regular fashion in some way in the future once the new Board is elected, whatever its composition.

No real questions left from me.... There's still a few other candidates I'd like to hear something from off their own bat, to decide my final few votes. But best of luck on Sunday.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I also looked at several american footy web sites ie my fav/Chicago Bears. They have history, former playing strip, the list goes on. It is worth a look.

So you would accomodate something like what the Bears have to outwebsite? that would be a start, changes need to be made, the website is as inspirational as Wally from Fairstar computers.

Bears are loosers though, should visit the Bills website, oh wait:(

Bob Gare

Juniors
P eel, one of the things we want to look at is the possibility of seasoned ticket holders becoming members of the footy club. We want to give out of towners a say in the voting process. We want to give all footy club members photo ID.

Bob Gare

Juniors
Ron, we have so many resources in the Eels family that I am sure we can have the best web site of any footy team no matter what code.

The P Eel

Juniors
P eel, one of the things we want to look at is the possibility of seasoned ticket holders becoming members of the footy club. We want to give out of towners a say in the voting process. We want to give all footy club members photo ID.

Works for me Bob - surely some of the season ticket holders would want to be involved more?? Perhaps they don't know how?? I know that it took me a few years to figure out - i did not know where to start..
Good luck Bob - put up the fight.

parra pete

Referee
Parra pete, maybe you should be asking Denis can he work with Ray because you could believe that he has intense dislike for him

Did you get reelected in 97 Bob? What about Pricey, why did he stand down?
Could Brett work with Fitzy - Their dislike of the bloke is intense - and personal. It goes beyond football it seems to me.
What happens if Bert and Ray get elected, in a minority, and the personal dislike comes through? Will the sh*t hit the fan then?

Bob Gare

Juniors
Ron i know the bears are not doin so good, but my best mate is from chicago, so i lean that way, i might say that he supports the mighty Eels

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Did you get reelected in 97 Bob? What about Pricey, why did he stand down?
Could Brett work with Fitzy - Their dislike of the bloke is intense - and personal. It goes beyond football it seems to me.
What happens if Bert and Ray get elected, in a minority, and the personal dislike comes through? Will the sh*t hit the fan then?

Pete just one question, have you ever worked with a bloke for whom hated oneanother? i have, it's tough, however it can be done.

parra pete

Referee
How do you perceive the state of the football Club NOW?
Are you happy with the playing roster, the coaching situation, the depth?
Would you get rid of any of the players...and who would you bring in?
What would you do to make the CLUB better, apart from getting Ray Price, Brett Kenny and Guru turn back the clock and pull on the boots again.....

Bob Gare

Juniors
Parra pete, no I did not get reelected in 97, looking back my campaign was not the best, I have learnt from that. Ray was on the board before my time.
As far as my running mates working with Denis none of us have a problem working with him. We all love this club. Our campaign has never been personal with any one of the current board. You say that Ray and Bert have a problem with Denis I do not believe that is the case but again you should be asking Denis about his problem with the guys because after all when we are successful it will be because of democrcy

parra pete

Referee
Pete just one question, have you ever worked with a bloke for whom hated oneanother? i have, it's tough, however it can be done.

Very uncomfortable all around, and doesn't make for a happy workplace.
I was an employer for the last 25 years of my working life, so I tended not to employ people that couldn't fit in...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Very uncomfortable all around, and doesn't make for a happy workplace.
I was an employer for the last 25 years of my working life, so I tended not to employ people that couldn't fit in...

pete i work daily with people i dont like, hell no hi or goodbyes, yet we still work together and get things done and achieve results, it's not as hard as what you and others are making out, believe me.

parra pete

Referee
Parra pete, no I did not get reelected in 97, looking back my campaign was not the best, I have learnt from that. Ray was on the board before my time.
As far as my running mates working with Denis none of us have a problem working with him. We all love this club. Our campaign has never been personal with any one of the current board. You say that Ray and Bert have a problem with Denis I do not believe that is the case but again you should be asking Denis about his problem with the guys because after all when we are successful it will be because of democrcy

Bob

It is common knowledge of their intense dislike of each other.

Bob Gare

Juniors
Parra pete, we fully support Daniel Anderson. We also realize that the NRL team is controlled by the Leagues club. Some of our ideas we would hope they (Leagues club board) will take on board.

Bob Gare

Juniors
I am not suggesting that they all go out to get on the drink together, but they are all grown men and I am sure the legends can put it all behind them

butch82

Juniors
bob

im from griffith nsw. what r ur plans for country areas to make it easier on country supporters to have contact with the eels .ie country supporter packs.
im pretty sure the sydney swans have a similar package.
(does that make sense)

i got membership forms from hellsy and only just found them....but if u guys get in il be payn my membership straight away.

Last edited:

Bob Gare

Juniors
Guys in all our campaign material we have not mentioned individuals of the current board. I know most of them personally they are good people. We believe that the board is stale in their approach.
We have not and do not want to get into a mud slinging match that is not good for the club.