What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disgrace to the jersey *spoiler*

BIGMAC

Juniors
Edwahu said:
No ones blaming him for not winning grandfinals. Im blaming him for having a massive part in a team that just conceded 126 points in two games.
As i posted before , i am sure he didnt tell the players to miss tackles , like him or not , he is a professional and has been for some years , i am sure he is still trying to win games , afterall nobody likes losing , and i can see why the players feel unsettled by everything that has happened but they too are professionals and therefore should be playing like it.
I dont expect them to win all their games because as i have stated before IMO they do not have the talent or depth to do so , but at least play like they want to be there.

Mal Meninga said:
Talent is -
Mark Mclinden

What Elliot does to talent is -
Mark Mclinden

Case closed.

To be fair, Mal actually ruined him by shifting him around to wing, then fullback, then five eighth, then halfback, then the bench.

McLinden was only here for like a year or two under Elliott, his potential was already ruined by then.

Elliott's going down the same path with Zillman and Carney too, I just hope it's not too late.

BIGMAC

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
Talent is -
Mark Mclinden

What Elliot does to talent is -
Mark Mclinden

Case closed.
Mclinden was good , had a bad run with injuries and then chased the cash.
Whats your point?

BIGMAC said:
If having recurring broken bones in your foot isnt an injury than i dont know what is:roll:

He never had broken bones in his foot, he had turf toe a few times that stopped him from playing like 3 games. Are you sure you're not thinking of McFadden?

Kris_man

Bench
He's right IBG, niggling injuries can have a devastating effect on a players's performance. Just look at Benji Marshall last year with his shoulder problem.

greeneyed

First Grade
No coach TELLS their players to miss tackles or drop the ball.

GOOD coaches ensure their players don't do that.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Mcliden was good?
WTF...
MCLINDEN WAS ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
MCLINDEN SHOULDVE BEEN A MAJOR STAR
He was at best above average and was let go to England because he never lived up to his potential.
My point was we've got Zilly and Carney who posses some genuine talent, and are gonna get stuffed up by Super Coach.

Kris_man said:
He's right IBG, niggling injuries can have a devastating effect on a players's performance. Just look at Benji Marshall last year with his shoulder problem.

No doubt, but do you reckon it had an effect on McLinden's career? Nope. He was still quicker than anyone off the mark. He's still cutting up the ESL. I have no doubt if he came back to the NRL under a good coach who would give him a permanent position... he'd be much better.

BIGMAC

Juniors
greeneyed said:
No coach TELLS their players to miss tackles or drop the ball.

GOOD coaches ensure their players don't do that.
Well i guess there are no good coaches in the NRL.
Have a look at how many points have been scored against some of the supposed good coaches over the last few years .
It is about attitude and heart and having pride in their club , something that all the raiders management , players and coaches should be held acountable for not just the bloke that is leaving anyway.
I can assure you all your problems will still be there after he leaves.

woodgers

Bench
Yeah the problems will be Bigmac. Then some poor sod has to bust his arse and may take years to get us to where we should be. Mclinden was excited 2 years ago because Matthew Johns who wasn't even that good came to Canberra for a few hours and apparently 'taught him where to stand'. Watch the game next week and see if you see a set play or a set of 6 that doesn't involve one out runs for at least 4 tackles up the middle of the ruck. Then come back and talk to us.

I know you may just be debating because you don't want to believe the facts that your club just bought a knob of a coach with no idea but the only thing to say is that you will know what we are on about soon.

woodgers

Bench
I would also like to add Bigmac that I am not just blaming Elliott but he has been a real major factor in the demise of this club and where we languish as a club.

Kris_man

Bench
I Bleed Green said:
No doubt, but do you reckon it had an effect on McLinden's career? Nope. He was still quicker than anyone off the mark. He's still cutting up the ESL. I have no doubt if he came back to the NRL under a good coach who would give him a permanent position... he'd be much better.
:lol: I was being sarcastic man. Tigers won the comp with a handful of niggling injuries, if they lost they could easily have used them as an excuse. They also had a handful of nuffy players who could have easily been scapegoated had they flunked like everyone expected them to. Point is, there's no excuses for getting your arse whipped. Someone, or something, is to blame.

legend

Coach
BIGMAC said:
Well i guess there are no good coaches in the NRL.
Have a look at how many points have been scored against some of the supposed good coaches over the last few years .
It is about attitude and heart and having pride in their club , something that all the raiders management , players and coaches should be held acountable for not just the bloke that is leaving anyway.
I can assure you all your problems will still be there after he leaves.

Matty, I think there are more important places you should be right now rather than here debating the merits of your illustrious coaching career, shifting the blame and the trainwreck you have turned Canberra into!

FullySick

Juniors
Its hard to remain positive in your team when they play like they have little idea of what sport their actually playing.
Im not sure if i dreamt this or not, but correct me if im wrong, i think i read somewhere that after last week, when we got flogged by newcastle, did elliot take the team out for a round of skirmish, or bowling, or somethin' ???

Just a quick question before I go and throw up after watching the taped replay, who the f**k is bigmac and what troll gave birth to it???

always a raider

Juniors
FullySick said:
Its hard to remain positive in your team when they play like they have little idea of what sport their actually playing.
Im not sure if i dreamt this or not, but correct me if im wrong, i think i read somewhere that after last week, when we got flogged by newcastle, did elliot take the team out for a round of skirmish, or bowling, or somethin' ???

Pretty sure it was skirmish mate!