What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do NSW fans have opinions or is it just Phil Gould?

Canard

Immortal
Phil Gould should be stood down from any Origin coverage immediately.

Any "controversy" out of last nights game was purely based on his opinion, and 99% of NSW fan seem to treat everything he says as gospel.

Gould's loudmouth bully routine means that the other lead commentators (Sterling and Warren) who eventhough they have a NSW bias, basically get talked over and dominated.

He is incapable of being even handed in any situation, and doesn't realize the damage that he causes Rugby League by talking it down at every opportunity.

Completed manufactured "controversy" purely based on Gould's loudmouth.

Loudstrat

Coach
Sore winners.

If that was a try then Inglis is quarterback. It made AFL look clean.

But of course Gus said something nasty about the poor Queenslanders.

At least the top tryscorer is from NSW. When referees are fair, and QLD pick 17 Queenslanders, you know you are toast.

Now f*ck off back into the cane field where you belong.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Sore winners.

At least the top tryscorer is from NSW. When referees are fair, and QLD pick 17 Queenslanders, you know you are toast.

:lol:

Misty's tear soaked bitter rants are funnier than all others.

BTW, Uate says "Bula!" and Farah says "Uleh!"

I had a little chuckle at Tamou attempting to sing the Aussie anthem last night too.

Sore winners.

baby-cry.jpg

Rodent

Bench
Gus wasn't happy about Anasta's try in the 2010 GF so at least he's consistent. Inglis put the ball down on Farah's leg. No try for sure.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I'm not going to comment on Gould personally but he is a passionate supporter much like many other fans and he was revved up. In my opinion hes doing an okay job but I'll say this a NSW fan he does need to turn the bias often he finds himself eating his own words.

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
Sore winners.

Ah, that old chestnut....

Really, is that all you have? After 6 series losses? Find some new material champ.

Joely01

Bench
The only people who should be stood down from last nights game is the match officials....

Valheru

Coach
Crap thread.

I was at the local with a rowdy bunch and didn’t hear 1 single word of his commentary. Everybody can see NSW got ripped off.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Phil Gould should be stood down from any Origin coverage immediately.

Any "controversy" out of last nights game was purely based on his opinion, and 99% of NSW fan seem to treat everything he says as gospel.

Gould's loudmouth bully routine means that the other lead commentators (Sterling and Warren) who eventhough they have a NSW bias, basically get talked over and dominated.

He is incapable of being even handed in any situation, and doesn't realize the damage that he causes Rugby League by talking it down at every opportunity.

Might as well remove Fats, Wally, Locky, Sterlo, Joey and Freddy from the team too.

The try was dubious and would have caused out roar in Qld circles if it was awarded to NSW. It didnt lose the game for NSW, our right edge did enough of a job with that, but beating Qld is hard enough without that shit getting let go.

Glen

Bench
Crap thread.

I was at the local with a rowdy bunch and didn’t hear 1 single word of his commentary. Everybody can see NSW got ripped off.
Ditto - most of the ref blunders were obvious.

I'm willing to bet Gus criticised NSW for poor 5th tackle options and taking that penalty shot at goal, which everyone at the pub did. It's not just NSW bias

Fire

First Grade
Gould is a wanker. I don't pay much attention to him anymore. Don't let him bother you OP, just enjoy watching the game. You can always turn the volume down and listen to radio commentary.

legend

Coach
That would be worse depending who you listen to. If there is someone worse than Gould, it's that fat turd Steve Roach.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Doesn't realize the damage that he causes Rugby League by talking it down at every opportunity.

A thousand times this. So f**king sick of Gould in particular doing this.

It's like he thinks any headline is a good headline...

Knightmare

Coach
Gus is reasonably opinionated and arrogant, but I think a lot of his commentary is aimed at deliberately hyping up the situation. I don't mind him, however.

It seems the people that whine about him the most are News Ltd. lackeys and Qlders who ignore all the times Gus talks about Qld's passion, their skill as a team or their "Origin mentality" and start screaming about NSW bias the moment he talks up anything NSW do. If I am not wrong, this was the entire basis for Radio Maroons launching their alternative commentary for the Origin matches?

gUt

Coach
Knightmare it's none of that, it's the way he gets louder and more strident as each replay shows his gripe to be wide of the mark. It comes across as pretty amateur.

Springs

First Grade
You're kidding. Gould was drowned out by the abuse shouted by the crowd at the pub. Couldn't hear a word. Most NSW fans were angry. I'm sure those at the ground didn't exactly say 'fair try'.