What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do our players care about the jersey they wear?

Here i am, wearing my knights jersey.. Yes i havnt thrown it off in disgust yet... But god, i am of the belief i have more pride wearing this jersey than the players... They really need to look at themselves, these players need to watch some games where the players had pride in their jersey, the 97 grand final comes to mind, the game against the dragons in 99 comes to mind, hell almost every game our players played with pride, even in defeat. I just hate to think the players have given up on the jersey, the knights fans.. As i said before, we may not have champion players, but all you need is a champion team.. that is all it takes.
You could see it in their expression that they didnt give a damn about the team and fans, they just gave up, that isnt the newcastle knights! We never give up, young or old...

I hate the thought of going from an exciting successful team from the past 10 years to a dissapointing non top 8 team.. I havnt been around long enough(or old enough) to see a non successful knights team and it kills me thinking that we are dieing off.. :x

Well theres my rant.

Matt23

Staff member
We are'nt dying off, we are going through a phase of rebuilding #-o

But i dont want us to be rebuilding as a team that cant make the 8, as an unsuccessful team. I have never seen the knights be unsuccessful and i dont want to see it. It hurts me thinking about it.

stevo

Juniors
i really don't think we can afford to keep playing like this. whats the point in making the finals if, going from what CH has just said, your hearts not in it. at this rate i don't think we'll get that far.

*melliez*

Juniors
:clap:

As you are, I am still wearing my jersey, but I haven contemplated taking it off and putting it in the bottom of my cupboard and not pulling it out again for a long time.

Why? Not because I don't have pride in the jersey, it is because I am ashamed of the way that they are playing at the moment. I wasn't ashamed after they got smashed by those stupid Sharks, but last night was terrible!!!

I bet i still have more pride in my jersey at the moment when i am half pissed and the jersey has spilt beer stains on it, than the knights had today.

stevo

Juniors
my jersey is still on layby at amart allsports. i'll still wear it. i'm just so peeved that the players aren't putting in the hard yards

Alex28

Coach
how many games do some of these guys need to play until we are out of a rebuilding phase? it's ok for St George and the Cowboys to bring on virtual rookies and they go out there and kill it. we put up with the mediocrity of the last 3 weeks and we are in a rebuilding phase?

Kidley and Wooly have now played over 50 games of top level rugby league. thats like a quarter of an average first graders career. It's time we look at how the lower grades are being coached, and ask questions like "what are clubs like St George doing different to us?" We have an enormous base to draw off. we have the talented players. why aren't we getting the best out of them?

There was no pride in ther jersey tonight. There were players out there looking for someone else to create opportunities rather than taking some initiative and doing it themselves.

I have been a fan during the dark times early on in the history of the club. There have been plenty of lows in that time. I remember seeing the Knights go down to St George 3-2 in the 1992 Major Semi and I have never been prouder of the club than that day (even include the grand finals really) - the absolute heart and grit they showed that day, the way they went down, but fought right to the siren. Maybe the young blokes need to be shown that video so they can see exactly what the jersey means to the club...what pride in your team really is. we certainly didnt see it tonight.

*melliez*

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
I bet i still have more pride in my jersey at the moment when i am half pissed and the jersey has spilt beer stains on it, than the knights had today.

:lol: :lol:

stevo

Juniors
sounds like it whould have been nail bitting. i love those games. i get sick in the tummy and can't sit still.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I haven't taken off my jersey.
I love this thing, and I'm sure these boys do as well. As I didn't watch the game I didn't see their faces... but really I don't think it's a matter of them having no pride in this jersey.
I'm very dissapointed as well, but maybe we are going into a Manly period at the moment. Yes all the injuries is no excuse anymore.... yes maybe the boys didn't put in as much..... but that is by no means a sign that our club is going to fail.
Over these past 3 weeks, it has beena HUGE! learning curve for these boys, and hopefully they will learn from it.

mat_parsons

Juniors
I haven't taken off my jersey. They did.

They let down their supporters for 3 (to become 4) long weeks and allowed shit teams to beat them.

THe knights should have won 6 in a row now.. Souths, dogs, broncos, storm, eels and cowboys.. I was certain we woulod be 6 in a row! :roll:

Nuffy

Bench
Is it possible that we can get any worse, the greatest concern in the lack of passion and commitment.

They are just not aiming up, Lets not allow a poor referees performance to overshadow what was a embarassment.

I was criticised for saying it, but it seems as if the dogs / broncos games were more a fluke than many would admit.

thuganomics

Coach
No matter what i will be a knights fan, i dont care if they lose a million matches in a row, I will cheer for them and be proud i am a knights fan.
Although, the knights right now are struggling, and we could base that on many reasons. All we need is one good win, and if that is next week. We can hopefully get 5 or 6 wins together. If we beat the Roosters, our season just got a whole lot more intresting.

Latest posts