What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Somoa still play league?

I think Samoa is in that list that includes over half the countries that are supposed to play the game.

They are always about to start a new comp......

carlnz

Bench
Teams that have a local Compeitition:
Australia,
NZ,
England,
Ireland,
Wales,
Scotland,
Serbia,
France,
Lebanon,
Tonga,
Fiji,
USA,
Cook Islands,
Japan,
New Calediona,
Russia,
PNG,
West Indies - Starting this month,
South Africa,

I think Holland too?

Copa

Bench
I actually saw a photo of some RL action in Japan recently... small time community stuff. but good on 'em. I translated some of their forum using babel fish and it seems they are trying ideas for recruiting more people.

screeny

Bench
South Africa and Holland don't have domestic comps, neither does the Windies. Other than that, all the other countries listed would seem to have domestic comps, which is pretty good all things considered. Japan is probably the country I have least info/knowledge about.

carlnz

Bench
Dude South Africa does, West tigers played games there last season and SARL have come out asking for more Internationals..

LF your just a dick...

Big Bunny

Juniors
carlnz said:
Dude South Africa does, West tigers played games there last season and SARL have come out asking for more Internationals..

LF your just a dick...

It makes him feel special to repeat himself all the time without anything new. What else would you expect from a bloke who dedicated a forum to himself and identifies with a cartoon character?

Just ignore it or laugh.

screeny

Bench
Heard about Wests tour but that's no evidence that a week in week out comp exists. Why would they issue a press release saying a comp is about to start if one already exists.

LF is, indeed, a dick but SA really need to produce some hard evidence before people really believe they have a comp.

It's easy for outgoing tours or receiving tours....you collect teams for a couple of matches or a holiday and play RL a couple of times. Running a comp is a very different prospect.

Morocco have been in the same position throughout the last decade or so: they received tours, they participated in the odd int'l tournament when the RLIF paidf their way, but they've never had a comp as far as I'm concerned, or if they did for a brief moment they certainly haven't for a while.

Oh...these people falling back on insults....it just hurts me so much. :rolleyes:

When some flaming ****ing idiots decided to post a list of countries, many of which do not play the game in any way, shape or form.....Im not going to just sit back so I dont offend that persons self esteem.

The list was just fantasy. Its was made up B.S. based on no facts at all.

Now please people...get over me. Especially you Screeny....you are the saddest one of the lot! :lol:

screeny

Bench
You said the list was bullsh*t, LF. I said Holland, Windies and SA don't have domestic comps. Where's the fantasy, as you claim?

I'm the first one to pull leaguies up on half truths or wishful thinking, but carlnz's list is pretty accurate but for the three stated above.

As you also state that insults hurt you "so much", allow me to pronounce you, once again, and with great delight, a penis.

Big Bunny

Juniors
nospam49™ said:
I only post here because I know I can force Screeny off of this web site as well! :cool:

Well piss off then. You've just pointed out what a petty idiot you are, congratulations. Leave the rugby league discussion to people who actually have an opinion and not repeated, borish crap.

Paullyboy

Coach
To answer the initial question of the thread.

Samoa and Tonga are playing an international the week after the grand final at campbelltown or liachart (one of the tigers grounds anyway) which will feature the NRL players who hail from those countries.

Its an intiative being created to help boost the sport prior to the world cup to increase competitiveness.

Big Bunny said:
Well piss off then. You've just pointed out what a petty idiot you are, congratulations. Leave the rugby league discussion to people who actually have an opinion and not repeated, borish crap.

Speaking of petty, this person hates me because I said something about South Sydney.....in 2003! :lol:

Copa

Bench
From the Japanese RL site... some very dodgy translations
2005 season

7/3OZTAG conference

9 - November Test match or international friendly tournament

12 - March - JRL frontier cup

1 - February - 7' international S conference participation (Australia

The progress score for the Tokyo 13 Warriors VS Eastern Bulldogs games shows they play in quarters and not two halves.

Big Bunny

Juniors
nospam49™ said:
Speaking of petty, this person hates me because I said something about South Sydney.....in 2003! :lol:

Get over yourself. I don't hate you, I just think you're an idiot. This thread is about Samoa, if you want to bring up every other time you've said something stupid we'll be here for another 4 years listing them.