What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Souths fans feel the same way JT does?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
JT is a great coach!! One of the quotes of the yr. :crazy:

Your Grandmother could have coached that Eels side. The talent and performance had already been declared in the yrs prior, they'd just gone off their coach and the in house crap, all they needed was balancing up and pushing forward. And yes, they were such a power under JT through that semi final series weren't they?

Being competitive in 07 was positive, but on the back of their recruitment considerable improvement was to be expected. I wouldn't rate Taylor's influence that highly, anyone with half an idea would have achieved that.

The rest is obvious. They haven't improved, nor has he. If anything right now they look like going backwards in 08, which shouldn't happen.

I think you are being a tad harsh on JT, we are only 4 games into the season.

That said, I agree with what you have said in bold, and I can't see how anyone could seriously argue otherwise.

Lets see how they play over the coming few weeks, especially after his comments about how he believes he has been restricting the team.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I think you are being a tad harsh on JT, we are only 4 games into the season.

That said, I agree with what you have said in bold, and I can't see how anyone could seriously argue otherwise.

Everyone bagged Souths for signing 30 year olds and then when Souths started playing well, they said "look who they bought."

Dont get under any allusion that Souths do have our have had a great playing roster since they were re-omitted in 2002.

The Informer

Juniors
I'm not a Rabbits supporter, nor basher. I just don't like seeing teams perform poorly that shouldn't, and my issue is there's enough evidence now to suggest the poor performance is significantly due to poor coaching.

Funny enough I think after 4 poor weeks the hunger factor might well get them home on Monday. But they've a tough run there after, so it could continue to be equally as difficult.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I'm not a Rabbits supporter, nor basher. I just don't like seeing teams perform poorly that shouldn't, and my issue is there's enough evidence now to suggest the poor performance is significantly due to poor coaching.

Funny enough I think after 4 poor weeks the hunger factor might well get them home on Monday. But they've a tough run there after, so it could continue to be equally as difficult.

I never said or thought you were, i just think its easy to go....whos last? Souths, oh they have a bad coach.

The Informer

Juniors
No, as i said above, nothing to do with where they are positioned, it's everything to do with why they are positioned there.

Brycey

Juniors
I think JT is a good coach, I dont know about great yet. He seems to be able to motivate players, I think they just need a bit more direction (i.e. the style of play they are trying to have, game plans) they really seem to lack game plans at the moment.

Coaches like players have bad periods, I think its pretty good of him to come out and say he has made a mistake, showing humility can never hurt. He just needs to take a different approach to get the best out of his players. He is still yet unproven as a coach imo.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I think JT is a good coach, I dont know about great yet. He seems to be able to motivate players, I think they just need a bit more direction (i.e. the style of play they are trying to have, game plans) they really seem to lack game plans at the moment.

Coaches like players have bad periods, I think its pretty good of him to come out and say he has made a mistake, showing humility can never hurt. He just needs to take a different approach to get the best out of his players. He is still yet unproven as a coach imo.

Agreed. Its hes third year as coach and i think under hes circumstances he did well to get into the finals in hes first two years.

This is a test for him.

SoftSydney

Juniors
Nice sig Max you d**khead.

As for JT he is still one of the best coaches in the NRL and Souths still look the goods for a finals berth this year.

Come on dude whats the basis of this! Its obvious that the team is out of touch and not prepared for first grade football?

From the horses mouth read on

EMBATTLED South Sydney coach Jason Taylor has blamed himself for the club's winless start, last night admitting to "coaching negative football".
In a scathing and incredibly candid self-assessment of his own shortcomings, Taylor also confessed to "over-coaching" the misfiring Rabbitohs and not giving enough confidence to his halfbacks.
Self-promoted as top-four contenders just a month ago, Souths are the only team without a victory after four rounds.
The bottom-dwellers have been woeful in attack, and Taylor said he was guilty of forcing "preconceived answers to preconceived questions" upon his players rather than letting them "play footy".

Thats your problem self promotion with rubbish
Best coach
Top 4
Pride of the league
Phac with all his rubbish promo crap about the rivalry with the Roosters they have bashed you for 20 years straight what rivalry!!! its been a trail match for the roosters! You have not competed with them and not in their league, wake up.

Whats happened to Phac???? we have to call the feds and put a missing persons report in for him he is MIA, no comments now huh?
Then you have Russ reading to your boys from his book of fools, makes your mob look like a bunch of little amateur kids AND the laughing stock of the league.

You know what, ITS time to shut up and come up with the goods. Every year "were back", and then end up the fools.

Word of advice stay humble keep your mouths shut bring on the goods and maybe you might start to earn respect and compliments rather then complimenting your selves as per usual.

Brycey

Juniors
Word of advice stay humble keep your mouths shut bring on the goods and maybe you might start to earn respect and compliments rather then complimenting your selves as per usual.
While I agree with this bit, you're pretty pathetic to start an account just to bag on one club. Why dont you concentrate on supporting your own team instead of hating another.

adamkungl

Immortal
His career is deteriorating further by the day. I love it. Taylor and Browny should start their own team! That'll show those meanies!

At least taylor has the balls to go on radio and say `i f**ked up, had a chat with the players and we changed things' ... a certain supercoach could learn a bit from him

SoftSydney

Juniors
While I agree with this bit, you're pretty pathetic to start an account just to bag on one club. Why dont you concentrate on supporting your own team instead of hating another.

Mate I have had a gut full, they win 2 games and they come out like a plague of rats. They win a the trail game and they carry on like they won a premiership. I dont see the dragons carry on like that!

They finally accomplish an 8th spot and they call them selves top 4 material, they call their coach the best in the comp based on what!

They try something new or different like the drummers and they claim its the best thing since sliced bread and we will all follow and dont have a clue. OK go for it do it let others complemnt you, it doesnt count when you do it your self.. be humble. No club blows their own horn like they do.
They produce a book of Tools and have Crowe read it to the players whilst they are around him and made total fools of their players. They have Phac the donuts puncher come out swinging, talking about crap he has no idea about, he made big claims called the Roosters out and now his is MIA with egg on his face. Where is Phac now!

They talk about feuds and rivalry that does not exist, someone plse name me three clubs that would consider Souths as rivals? its laughable, when is the last time they knocked anyone of a semi or beat them in a GF to be rivals, do we need to go back to 1908. Please

They compliment and give them selves tags that are not true or considered to be true by any club or player, its laughable.

I dont see any other club or fans conducting them selves in such a poor manner.

Its time shut the funk up and and start aiming up and cut the rubbish.

Latest posts