What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Souths fans feel the same way JT does?

Tom Ace

Bench
http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=50467

"I'm over-coaching Rabbitohs, says Taylor"

South Sydney coach Jason Taylor admits his negative coaching style has led to the lack of confidence in the Rabbitohs' attack this season.
Taylor says he has not put enough faith in his playmakers to take control of a game and run the team around the paddock, and it's shown with their winless start to the year.
He believes the Rabbitohs did not have the experience to make decisions under pressure last year and when Craig Wing got injured in round one Taylor again tried to over-coach the players and provide answers to every on-field decision.
But Taylor has vowed to step back and give his young side the confidence to do things themselves.
He's retained Jeremy Smith at halfback and John Sutton at five-eighth for Monday's clash with Cronulla and backed them to spark the Rabbitohs limp attack.
"The bigger problem we are facing is we have got to find the right players in the right positions who can handle the pressure and who can make the right decisions," said Taylor on South Sydney TV.
"The last 12 months I have been trying to think for the players.
"I was coaching a negative style of footy ... at times I felt we lacked someone to take control.
"I'm over-coaching the team ... I don't want to be the coach who is choreographing everything we are going to do as a team.
"I feel we have the mix of players right, we just need to give them belief.
"This week I'm confident with more help from me and guidance from the rest of the team that Jeremy Smith is going to go out on the field and take control of the team.
"Run the team in the fashion Craig Wing would and Andrew Johns would.
"We need one person out on the field taking control ... we need to give that confidence to Jeremy.
"I have made it hard for him to do that. I have not given him the confidence I need to.
"From this week I'm going to be a better coach for South Sydney."
Taylor was responding to a member's question about why the team had been misfiring in attack on the club's weekly internet show which airs on Tuesdays.
He will be confronted by similar questions on Wednesday when he and director of football Shane Richardson conduct an open forum with members at Kingsford from 7pm (AEST).
Richardson says the forums occur four times a year and is not a reaction to the poor form, but expects some tough questions from the disappointed fans.
"It is not something that has come because we are 0-4," said Richardson.
"I would love to sit up front when we are 4-0. I've had it at times when we've lost 13 straight.
"We've been in worse spots than this and we've copped enough abuse not to worry about it.
"The fact that we are 0-4 worries them (fans) but the interesting thing about that is that after 12 rounds last year we were 4-8 so if we win four of the next eight we will be in the same spot.
"I think if you stand out in front of people and be honest and tell them what you're doing most times they're not tough questions if you tell them the truth."

Good idea mate! :sarcasm:

Brycey

Juniors
I know Wingy is a quality player, but lol...to mention him in the same sentence as Andrew Johns is a bit rich. Me thinks he is going to have too much on his shoulders with the weight of expectation on him.

melon....

Coach
I know Wingy is a quality player, but lol...to mention him in the same sentence as Andrew Johns is a bit rich. Me thinks he is going to have too much on his shoulders with the weight of expectation on him.
make that dud shoulders.

Yeah, like Mini's pretzel back.

I hear that he did his injury by sneezing. Laughable.

I'm just waiting for Mini and the Roosters to decide that it is best that he leave the club. The scenario will be that Mini gets a release and suddenly, all the money that is tied up with him will allow the Roosters to retain Toupou, and Shillington as well as signing Cameron Smith and Dallas Johnson.

Brycey

Juniors
I'm just waiting for Mini and the Roosters to decide that it is best that he leave the club. The scenario will be that Mini gets a release and suddenly, all the money that is tied up with him will allow the Roosters to retain Toupou, and Shillington as well as signing Cameron Smith and Dallas Johnson.
Well we know we wouldn't have to compete with Souths for their services, you have to be a NZ rep to qualify for Souths dont you?

Well we know we wouldn't have to compete with Souths for their services, you have to be a NZ rep to qualify for Souths dont you?

Yes, but apart from that, we have this constraint placed upon us called a salary cap. You see, in an effort to make the competition fairer the NRL imposed a limit on the amount that you could spend on your....

... Oops sorry, silly me! You're a Roosters fan, it doesn't apply to your team so never mind! Go ahead and sign whoever you want. Cam Smith, Dallas Johnson, hell I hear that Darren Lockyer is off contract soon and looking at a million bucks a season in England. Surely you guys can sign all three. Wow what a team, Mason, Anasta, O'Meley, Smith, Johnson, Lockyer, fantastic!

Tom Ace

Bench
Yes, but apart from that, we have this constraint placed upon us called a salary cap. You see, in an effort to make the competition fairer the NRL imposed a limit on the amount that you could spend on your....

... Oops sorry, silly me! You're a Roosters fan, it doesn't apply to your team so never mind! Go ahead and sign whoever you want. Cam Smith, Dallas Johnson, hell I hear that Darren Lockyer is off contract soon and looking at a million bucks a season in England. Surely you guys can sign all three. Wow what a team, Mason, Anasta, O'Meley, Smith, Johnson, Lockyer, fantastic!

Is that the thing you got fined for breaking in '06?

Stranger

Coach
Nice sig Max you d**khead.

As for JT he is still one of the best coaches in the NRL and Souths still look the goods for a finals berth this year.
:lol: One of the best coaches in the NRL :lol:!!!!

He has proven JACK sh*t.

The Informer

Juniors
"I'm over-coaching Rabbitohs, says Taylor"

Give me a break. There has been no evidence through the last 30 games that this team has been "coached" with anything that remotely looks like an attack pattern of play, no well rehersed sets of 6 to excute a play, through or around the line, little constructive idea or existance of a kicking game, no set plays or structured options through the last 30 mtrs, all just catch pass and hope.

And he thinks they're "over coached".

Roflmao.

:lol:

eels_fan_01

Bench
JT is a great coach.

-First coach to pick up a side mid season and get them into the 8 in 100 years. (Eels).

-First coach in 20 years to get Souths into the 8.

Shut the f**k up the rest of you androtops, you dont even know what a good coach is....all you do is look at the ladder and then make a thread about how crap their coach is.

The Informer

Juniors
JT is a great coach!! One of the quotes of the yr. :crazy:

Your Grandmother could have coached that Eels side. The talent and performance had already been declared in the yrs prior, they'd just gone off their coach and the in house crap, all they needed was balancing up and pushing forward. And yes, they were such a power under JT through that semi final series weren't they?

Being competitive in 07 was positive, but on the back of their recruitment considerable improvement was to be expected. I wouldn't rate Taylor's influence that highly, anyone with half an idea would have achieved that.

The rest is obvious. They haven't improved, nor has he. If anything right now they look like going backwards in 08, which shouldn't happen.

eels_fan_01

Bench
JT is a great coach!! One of the quotes of the yr. :crazy:

Your Grandmother could have coached that Eels side. The talent and performance had already been declared in the yrs prior, they'd just gone off their coach and the in house crap, all they needed was balancing up and pushing forward. And yes, they were such a power under JT through that semi final series weren't they?

Being competitive in 07 was positive, but on the back of their recruitment considerable improvement was to be expected. I wouldn't rate Taylor's influence that highly, anyone with half an idea would have achieved that.

The rest is obvious. They haven't improved, nor has he. If anything right now they look like going backwards in 08, which shouldn't happen.

ONLY coach in 100 years to come in mid season and take a team to the finals.

How many sides have had talent and hadnt been going so well in a 100 years? Well no mid season coach but him got a team to the finals so its an achievement i dont care what you say.

Recruitment drive? What, three 30 year olds? Not exactly anything better than any other club bought.

Souths are an average side, they were average last year and he put pride and discipline back into the club.

Souths to win this weekend.

Latest posts