What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do the Knights spend up to their Cap

Smith Machine

Juniors
Deadset we were murdered in the forwards yesterday. Wicks is hopeless a one trick pony! Geez i wish we had a fui fui in our team. Gee he can play. Hardly any of the forwards can break the line. We can't build a team around nuffies. We need some experience and talent. Geez i wish we had made a play for Dave Taylor, that kid is going to be good!

Joker's Wild

Coach
Deadset we were murdered in the forwards yesterday. Wicks is hopeless a one trick pony! Geez i wish we had a fui fui in our team. Gee he can play. Hardly any of the forwards can break the line. We can't build a team around nuffies. We need some experience and talent. Geez i wish we had made a play for Dave Taylor, that kid is going to be good!

Taylor is a Wicks clone tbh. He has tonnes of talent but lacks drive and discipline.

Smith Machine

Juniors
Taylor is only 19. I have seem him also play Qld cup. He does things that you wouldn't normally see from a front rower like throw cut out balls and puts kicks in for his support. I think once he gets a bit more confidence he will be awesome player.

Nuffy

Bench
Only hope for us is that the new coach doesn't re sign a few from next year such as Wicks and Cross.

I'd keep Cross if he played for half what he's on now.

We'd have no cap currently left which boggles the mind based on our roster.

macavity

Referee
We'd have no cap currently left which boggles the mind based on our roster.

boggles indeed.

be an interesting exercise to list our top 25 and estimate salaries - I think we would have about a mill left over.....

Nuffy

Bench
Mac

What they are worth or what they are on?

Theres a mill difference between those 2.

I just can't see how the club spends the full cap and thinks they get value for money.

If we were 500K - 750K under the cap then I'd understand.

Serc

First Grade
Pretty sure its still a top 25 :)

And Boltsy it is not worth arguing Ben Cross with Karma, its why nobody else posted :p

Hanscholo

Bench
Cross was injury prone when he was signed. He's been injury prone after he was signed. He was also signed as an injury prone 28 year old.

His injuries needn't be a shock really.

Even when he's been fit for the Knights he has only played half a dozen quality games to bother mentioning.

If that.

I can honestly say i have seen one performance up to the mantle he had prior to coming to us. Fa'aoso has been far better in terms of output and effort. It seems Cross is just there to fill the back page of the herald with his sh*t on a weekly basis about aiming up. We would have done just as well to keep perry as soft as he is, at least he is physically up to it and doesnt have to do a sound bite before taking a dump each morning.

Hanscholo

Bench
Degois is playing exactly like he did when i saw him for the sharks last season. Just an average player, nothing special with a few weaknesses. the refs are a wake up to him milking penalties, he is playing behind a beaten pack. He has had a couple of blinders this year, but he just goes missing...a lot like Mullen does.

Yosh

Coach
How s**t has Mullen been in the last two weeks, bloody terrible. And honestly we must admit Kidley is a shade of a player he was last year...

We definately need a leader prop, Faas is terrific impact but we need a workhorse leader who'll do the dirty work and do lots of it. We definatley should have payed for Civo f**king Cross...

shane1970

Juniors
The Rabbitohs just signed Ben Ross from the Sharks for next year!!!!!!!!!!
Although a risk - I'm pretty sure he would have been good vaue for money. These are the type of players/forwards we need at the KNights. They are out there on the open market obviously but we don't seem to be able to get one.

Frederick

Staff member
Although a risk - I'm pretty sure he would have been good vaue for money. These are the type of players/forwards we need at the KNights. They are out there on the open market obviously but we don't seem to be able to get one.
Hasn't Ross played something like 3 games in the past 2 years while on a 400k per annum contract...how the hell does that represent good value?

Karmawave

Bench
Hasn't Ross played something like 3 games in the past 2 years while on a 400k per annum contract...how the hell does that represent good value?

Its more the $49,000 contract he has signed at the Rabbitohs is the good value mate.

Cheap gamble for success when you consider his salary in the scheme of things - even if he doesn't play much its worth rolling the dice.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Degois is playing exactly like he did when i saw him for the sharks last season. Just an average player, nothing special with a few weaknesses. the refs are a wake up to him milking penalties, he is playing behind a beaten pack. He has had a couple of blinders this year, but he just goes missing...a lot like Mullen does.

How exactly does De Gois go missing Han? He gets through tonnes of defence and has been in our top 3 players involvement wise all year. His only real flaw is the lack of a decent kicking game

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I've gone through 24 players that will be here next year and I've estimated what each player will be on. The total works out to be $4160000
Gidley -400k
Vuna - 150k
Uate - 200k
Sau - 180k
Lulia - 100k
Macdougall - 200k
Cross - 350k
Tolar - 200k
Simpson - 300k
Tafua - 150k
Natusch - 50k
Houston - 180k