What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we actually need a Mongrel Prop?

TheRev

First Grade
I actually like the way Ah Mau is developing lately (biggest forward in the game I think commentators mentioned?), however I think its likely too little too late, his form has coincided with him needing to impress other clubs for a new contract, and I dont know his circumstances but I think he needed to show this eagerness earlier in the year.

jenninga

First Grade
I actually like the way Ah Mau is developing lately (biggest forward in the game I think commentators mentioned?), however I think its likely too little too late, his form has coincided with him needing to impress other clubs for a new contract, and I dont know his circumstances but I think he needed to show this eagerness earlier in the year.

Rev,please

Mr Red

First Grade
lol@plodder ahmau - he is not first grade standard.
i think "biggest forward in the game" is a throw away line with no truth. i could think of several forwards a lot bigger (AH Mau is 111kg):

Kasiano - 122kg
Burgess twins - 120kg
Sam burgess - 116kg
Pritchard - 112kg
Rose - 116kg.

TheRev

First Grade
haha ok not the biggest by a long shot.... in any case he has been playing with more energy these last few games, but as I mention its not good enough to only do it when your contract is up...

to_ddeath

Coach
Ah Mau has improved a bit in recent weeks, runs with more purpose however not nearly as involved defensively as JDB & Frizzell. This is perhaps why he hasn't been extended yet, hasn't stood out enough over the whole season to warrant another year IMO.

T.

BennyV

Referee
Ah Mau actually looked like he'd dropped a few kgs, but is running ok. Still need Harrison back on the edges, and cant wait to get JT next year!

But one of our props needs to bulk up in the off season. And IMO deBelin belongs in the 13, not Merrin...

jezmond

Juniors
Ah Mau is actually pretty quick! Recently made some breaks down the edges after speeding around a few defenders.

Going better than a few of our other forwards these last couple of games.

blacksafake

First Grade
groat is crap

He may not be such a silly idea,he's about 190 cm & 110 kgs so he would add some size which we need.I do know some people from the tigers who say he is a better player than woods.The other thing going for him is he is injured so he will fit in well.lol

SaintElroy

Juniors
Ah Mau actually looked like he'd dropped a few kgs, but is running ok. Still need Harrison back on the edges, and cant wait to get JT next year!

But one of our props needs to bulk up in the off season. And IMO deBelin belongs in the 13, not Merrin...

+1

Ah Mau i thought has really improved when given his chances, still a little suss in defense though.

DeBelin looked good at Lock last week few nice touches and passing before the line added a little more in attack IMO

Get used to it there are no forwards that will be even close to what people expect and want they are all signed up the closest to anything even worth signing was Bolton and even he wasn't a great solution.

Ah Mau has finally been given an extended run in first grade and is certainly worth keeping he won't command top dollar and at 24 has time to develop more same as Mathews another guy who has been horribly unused and will probably move on if he seeks better oppurtunities.

The Dragons have failed yet again in recruiting in terms of fowards and centres the halves are covered better but Cooper and Thompson doesn't fix the prop forward rotation now that Weyman has gone, Hunt injured again and Stockwell still developing.

jenninga

First Grade
If Price is there next season I am sure they would have re-signed Au Mau by now for 600k. One of Price's pets.

AhMau is a soft runner,takes no one with him,Prior is a far more damaging runner.Prior always attracts at least 3 defenders and makes ground each time,pity he doesn't have a good offload,his hands are awfull unfortunately,but AhMau please ,defenders must giggle when he runs at them.

Latest posts