What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we all luv Fitzy ?

blx

Juniors
i get a feeling from this forum that Denis Fitzgerald is not a very popular guy!

i like this forum.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I dont like Dennis Fitzgerald either, hes a dead set idiot. Hes been in for too long, talk about a change with coaches how about getting rid of the CEO.

Aenemus

Juniors
I've forgotten if it was on NRL Deluxe or on the Roast but they were talking about the Dragons CEO and comparing him to Fitzgerald. . .
They were mentioning how Fitz was a 'protected species' over here, I even think they mentioned something about the fans backing him even though the club hasn't won a premiership in 20 years.

How the get the impression that the fans a backing him is beyond me.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Aenemus said:
I've forgotten if it was on NRL Deluxe or on the Roast but they were talking about the Dragons CEO and comparing him to Fitzgerald. . .
They were mentioning how Fitz was a 'protected species' over here, I even think they mentioned something about the fans backing him even though the club hasn't won a premiership in 20 years.

How the get the impression that the fans a backing him is beyond me.

well indirectly....The board has backing of Fitzgerald, for the time being anyway...and the members back the board.

members = fans and leagues club patrons.

Aenemus

Juniors
eelavation said:
well indirectly....The board has backing of Fitzgerald, for the time being anyway...and the members back the board.

members = fans and leagues club patrons.

Just curious, would that backing have more to do with the performance of the Leagues Club?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Aenemus said:
Just curious, would that backing have more to do with the performance of the Leagues Club?

quite possably, as well as 28 years of experiance in the organisation goes along way.

I think it is the other way around Eela,

The Fans back the Board, the Board Back Fitzy.

Either way I can't see this board being unseated for a while. They have been elected un-opposed for the last few years, and only have 2 people running against them in 2004.

On the Level, fitzy can say some stupid stuff, but every time he does, it gets everyone in the league talking. How this decision to give the coach notice more than a year before the end of his contract and hire coach Hagan is a big call, and how that will go down at the football club AGM I have no idea, but I will be there to watch.

But I can also say that I have a feeling it will all be over soon guys and girls.

Suitman

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
I do eela, I am just worried about people who are un-initiated to our club, might think Fitzy controls the board.

Nah, as if he'd do that. :roll:

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
Nah, as if he'd do that. :roll:

Suity

actually the arguement could be that he's been given too much control, however it can actually be pulled back into line a bit....not sure whether that's ever happened.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
Fitzy being pulled back into line.

I have heard of it happening.

well....I do believe there are people who stand up to him.:shock:

believe or not! ;-)