What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we keep Sandow?

lingard

Coach
Go watch alexander etc talk about sandow on matty johns, everything i have been saying. Sandow carried us in our only wins out of his skin and the storm game was obviously his worst game. Hand us the spoon now without him. I hope that isnt the case but if we win any it will be because our defence woke the f**k up not to do with the halves. We have leaked 40 tries in 9 games lol @ anyone who is deathriding our halfback its like tim smith II NO one learns

You do understand that the more tries we score the more possession we have - and therefore the less defence we have to do?
You also understand that in order to score lots of tries you need two halves who are consistently able to stick to a game plan and keep the attack flowing in an organised way?
You do understand that is why we are getting rid of Sandow?

lingard

Coach
He's in reserve grade because Arthur wants him f**ken gone. Not because it's going to magically change the way Sandow plays.

He's already gone. Arthur is hoping like crazy that Luke Kelly performs so that he doesn't have to play Sandow in firsts again this year. I must admit, I am too. I'd like for the team to get used to playing without Sandow - in preparation for next year.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
Kelly is shit but i am confident he will play to a game plan. Unlike Sandow.

I am confident we will be better off.

Brad needs to persist with him till the end of the season. He cannot keep chopping and changing. Sandow must never come back into the side. He has had 4 seasons. His time is up.

He's in reserve grade because Arthur wants him f**ken gone. Not because it's going to magically change the way Sandow plays.

He's already gone. Arthur is hoping like crazy that Luke Kelly performs so that he doesn't have to play Sandow in firsts again this year. I must admit, I am too. I'd like for the team to get used to playing without Sandow - in preparation for next year.

I think you're both right. But I would still like him to stay. I said earlier he wasn't exactly being scapegoated as I thought Arthurs was doing it unconsciously, therefore perhaps it's not technically scapegoating. But now I'm not so sure it's unconscious. We'll see pretty soon I guess, but it doesn't look good for Sandow. So often in the past we've seen high-risk players cop it when a run of losses occur, and it's usually out of proportion to what they deserve.

Kelly is shit but i am confident he will play to a game plan. Unlike Sandow.

I am confident we will be better off.

Brad needs to persist with him till the end of the season. He cannot keep chopping and changing. Sandow must never come back into the side. He has had 4 seasons. His time is up.

I predict that a couple of weeks from now not even you will agree with this sentence. :D

Noise

Coach

Why is Paulo in reserve grade? I know Arthur re-signed the city origin phenom but I am hoping it's because he is f**king gone too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why is Paulo in reserve grade? I know Arthur re-signed the city origin phenom but I am hoping it's because he is f**king gone too.

Paulo is top 25 but I doubt he is on top 17 money. Therefore he wasn't re-signed to be an automatic selection in first grade. It's just turned out that way by necessity.

strider

Post Whore
kelly is the biggest plodder in plodsville

sandow can go missing - but fmd I'm struggling to see where we are going to get any spark from

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Arthur said we'll have to grind our way to a win.

You don't need individual brilliance to score tries, just field position and weight of possession.

strider

Post Whore
you need some clue about how to make the opposition make bad reads in defense .... we will struggle

Arthur said we'll have to grind our way to a win.

You don't need individual brilliance to score tries, just field position and weight of possession.

I reckon Arthur was happy to accept the plaudits when some of Sandow's individual brilliance got us points and won us games. The dropping of Sandow smacks of sending a message to the public and his employers, but I don't think it's good for the team. We've seen Kelly's awfulness before. And I don't think it would be too hard to find quotes from BA about how happy he was with the way Sandow was playing, when he was doing exactly the same things he's been doing lately.

eels_fan

First Grade
Well with Tomkins & Hurrell out and Manu only 50/50 to play, a stronger defensive line will certainly limit there options as out wide they'll lack the power to run straight over us. With those Boys out it really falls on Johnson.

I see a low scoring game. We'll pip them 14-10

Latest posts