What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we keep Sandow?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Docker has actually played hooker and while maybe not the best defender, he couldn't be to bad if the club is using him at hooker in NSW cup.

T.S Quint

Coach
Would be a waste of a bench spot...plus I reckon he would feel like he has less time to do stuff and so would be trying even more stupid shit that won't come off.

I'm really against Peats playing in the back row as well. He's not effective there. If you're going to give him a rest (which I don't think he even needs) then just leave him on the bench.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Would be a waste of a bench spot...plus I reckon he would feel like he has less time to do stuff and so would be trying even more stupid shit that won't come off.

I'm really against Peats playing in the back row as well. He's not effective there. If you're going to give him a rest (which I don't think he even needs) then just leave him on the bench.

While I prefer peats to stay at hooker, I reckon he doesn't go to bad in the back row. My concern is why put him there, for Isaac to play hooker. Isaac is a similar player to peats so he doesn't offer anything more then what we are already getting from peats. Peats should really only be moved if a more explosive hooker comes on.

Chipmunk

Coach
He had a small stint there a Cronulla? About 3 games or so.
He was dropped pretty quickly and never played that position again. He was awful. Couldn't catch a bomb.

He wasn't the best, but he was rookie with hardly any NRL experience. Could be better with more NRL experience.

We're deadest clutching at straws if we're seriously going to look at a player like Albert Kelly to play out of position at fullback.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We're deadest clutching at straws if we're seriously going to look at a player like Albert Kelly to play out of position at fullback.

I am not saying he would be our first option for our top 17. But if he was desperate to come back to the NRL, let's give him a chance on a very modest contract. He does have talent and can play fullback / halves where we are lacking. Put him NSW cup, and let him earn a start. What could we lose ?

Incorrect

Coach
While I prefer peats to stay at hooker, I reckon he doesn't go to bad in the back row. My concern is why put him there, for Isaac to play hooker. Isaac is a similar player to peats so he doesn't offer anything more then what we are already getting from peats. Peats should really only be moved if a more explosive hooker comes on.

Yep.

My reasoning for proposing moving Peats to the backrow for 20-25 mintes while you get someone in to provide a spark out of dummy half, is because he is a) fit enough, and b) a good defender and more mobile in defence than say one of the other backrowers, especially towards the back end of each half.

Like you say IDG provides nothing when he comes on. He runs less than Pets, asks no questions of the defence at all. Especially when the interchanges get reduced, you are going to need someone who actually brings some energy from the bench. IDG is not doing that.

Gronk

Staff member
I am not saying he would be our first option for our top 17. But if he was desperate to come back to the NRL, let's give him a chance on a very modest contract. He does have talent and can play fullback / halves where we are lacking. Put him NSW cup, and let him earn a start. What could we lose ?

I saw Kelly play last week. He plays lazy and looks like he's put on 10kgs around the gut since being in UK.

Bigfella

Coach
Avenger has mentioned Kevin Locke a few times - anyone seen the video of him in Europe dancing at a festival?

I'm tipping he has lost a bit of pace...

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
I would have like to have known when this offer would have been tabled would it have been after the souths game.

Cause since that match we have not been the same team and sandow has not been the same player since that night.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He will carve up for Wenty. Players like Sandow always kill it in reserve grade because even behind a beaten pack, there isn't the defensive intensity to close down space. There are just more opportunities against a reserve grade defence. This is why most of them are in reserve grade.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure carving up is what BA wants him to do.

I would think he wants him to play the structured team game rather than slicing up a NSW cup defence on his own with no one to pass it to, if that's what you are referring to.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's in reserve grade because Arthur wants him f**ken gone. Not because it's going to magically change the way Sandow plays.