What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we keep Sandow?

Regardless of what's 'right' or what Sandow actually deserves, I think there's still a reasonable chance of Sandow playing out the year and his team-mates forgiving him. Somewhat, anyway. And if he's in the right frame of mind, that could be the best thing for us. People can be surprisingly forgiving, especially to cheeky little buggers like Sandow.

But I think there's a greater chance that some sort of release could be reached before the 25th.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Screw that. I'd rather drop him and have Joseph Paulo playing halfback.

Hell, I'd rather have Junior Paulo playing halfback than that little shit.

Yep, just dropped him to bundy cup and play peats / Paulo in the halves. We will struggle but at least they would put the effort in.

Norman injured has really stuffed us up.

ash411

Bench
Screw that. I'd rather drop him and have Joseph Paulo playing halfback.

Hell, I'd rather have Junior Paulo playing halfback than that little shit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lingard said:
IF we can't come to an arrangement with him this week and IF the NRL don't let us drop him, I'd simply pay him his $130,000 and let him go immediately. He'll cause a lot more damage to this club if we don't.
And he won't be 'winning' anything. He's already lost all his credibility.

no, uh-uh, nyet, nien, nah, nada, no way.

Why should he get $130,000 for doing nothing? Worse than nothing, he's pretty much just cost us any chance we had of making the 8.

His contract states, he gets paid to play football for us, not to jump on a plane to England.

End of story.

Gronk

Staff member
So do I. But we're not talking about what's ideal here. We're talking about making the best of a shit situation. Is that Taka and Kelly?

If he's going to tank the game, then there is no point picking him.

BA will know if he's going to put in. Don't pick him if he's not going to try.

He's on $500k a season FFS. :crazy:

Noise

Coach

He didn't seem to know on Friday

Kornstar

Coach
He didn't seem to know on Friday

I'm going to suggest from his comments in the presser that he was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Saying he told him he was right, so he believed him.

That belief has probably all but disappeared now.

It was only yesterday I was copping it for suggesting that BA should have some insight into how his players are going to perform. Obviously, if he's not gonna perform, f**k him off. The coach should not only have some insight into this but also some input. And my suggestion that BA should have had some knowledge about how Sandow would perform was also rubbished. We can't have it both ways.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

I wouldn't put it past sandow to tell Arthur that he'll put in and then not do anything like he did on friday.

T.S Quint

Coach
His contract states, he gets paid to play football for us, not to jump on a plane to England.

End of story.

If he doesn't want to play footy for us and still get paid then we could at least get him to clean out the toilets in the Leagues club or something.
Maybe he can be a waiter at Tingha Palace.

T.S Quint

Coach
What do people want more - success for the Eels or revenge on Sandow?

Revenge?
This is not about revenge. This is about asking a player to earn the money he wants to be paid.
He doesn't seem to want to fulfill his half of the contract, so why should we?
The only thing I want now is for Sandow to have his contract ripped up with no more payments going into his bank account. If that's not possible, then sit him out completely (I don't want him playing for Wenty either).

It's also about setting an example for future cases, to deter similarly minded f**kwits from trying the same thing on.

I've had a lot of time for Chrissy as a bloke in the past, but he has really shat in his own cornflakes.

lingard

Coach
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no, uh-uh, nyet, nien, nah, nada, no way.

Why should he get $130,000 for doing nothing? Worse than nothing, he's pretty much just cost us any chance we had of making the 8.

End of story.

One thing I've learnt in this life is that you should never fight for principles.
Sandow's done the wrong thing. He doesn't deserve his $130,000. But this club doesn't deserve to let him play for us ever again.
I can't stand the little prick. I've wanted him out of here for a long time. So has Brad Arthur. If our second-tier salary cap wasn't rooted, Sandow would have been playing reserve grade for the past six weeks. And I'm hoping the NRL has enough understanding to allow us to drop the little arsehole to reserves on the grounds that he's actively sabotaging our team and undermining our performance. BUT - if they don't, I think we have to cut our losses. There will be far more damage done to the morale of the other players if Sandow is still hanging around like a bad smell.
In all my years of following rugby league, I've never seen anything like Sandow's attitude. Never. The guy is so immature it's not funny. I know Dugan and Ferguson were pretty terrible, but this guy has taken it to a whole new level in my opinion. I just want him as far away from this club as possible, as quickly as possible. I might even take out a loan for $130,000 and pay him out myself.

T.S Quint

Coach
At least Dugan and Ferguson have seemed to have learned from their mistakes.
Sandow just keeps on keeping on.

Latest posts