What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we rate melbourne?

They have kinda gone about their business quietly.A 'neville"of a halfback and a superstar in Inglis..solid forwards and sooo well coached.Are they a real threat?..Slater to come back can only strengthen.Beat the cows without Crocker in townsville.
So who rates them?

Holla if ya hear me said:
They have kinda gone about their business quietly.A 'neville"of a halfback and a superstar in Inglis..solid forwards and sooo well coached.Are they a real threat?..Slater to come back can only strengthen.Beat the cows without Crocker in townsville.
So who rates them?

I have followed Storm since 98 and this team has a strong structure based on a number of young players who have come through and exceeded expectations. In the past the back up players did not meet the standard.

Inglis has been a sensation and Geyer is proving that age is irrelevant. Steve Turner is now showing his potential and will get even better but it is the likes of Adam Blair, Antonio Kaufusi and Jeremy Smith who are doing a great job of backing up White, Kidwell and Johnson.

Having said all that..I will sit back and watch the responses writing off Storm and dismissing us as a threat...;-)

Johns Magic

Referee
I think the Knights with Johns would be able to exploit their weakness, that being Cooper Cronk's inexperience. He's getting by ok at the moment, but Johns has an uncanny ability to completely dominate and shut down his opposition halfback.

$$TaHU4VerLoVe!&!&$ said:
terrrible team, they play good 4 sum time then cant play 2nd half of the season, fitzy was right, kick em out of the comp

Good one...I assume you support Parra...they are going superbly.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
you'd have to rate any team on top of the ladder,

they didn't just beat the cowpats, they disposed of them very well, and they have a very good defence to be able to restrict a backlne like the cowboys

mattyg

Bench
brooksy19 said:
The game was played in Melbourne.

I don't think they can win the comp.

Melbourne have only played 3/9 games this season at home, yet they still lead the competition. I rate them as contenders now, despite saying they will finish between 12th-15th at the start of the season. Bellamy is a freak.

gaterooze

Bench
Always did rate the Storm this year. Bellamy is the kind of coach who can keep a team together despite losing a few "star" players.

He sure knows how to get the best from his unsung forwards.

gaterooze said:
Always did rate the Storm this year. Bellamy is the kind of coach who can keep a team together despite losing a few "star" players.

He sure knows how to get the best from his unsung forwards.

Exactly...look at Ian Donnelly and Garret Crossman...nothing special at their past clubs but have both had strong seasons...Donnelly smashed Webb last night and was best of the forwards...a bloody big unit as well.:cool:

Earl

Coach
Ian Donnelly was unbeleivable last night.

Best performance bya prop all season ;-)

Inferno

Coach
Johns Magic said:
Yes, yes we do.

Agreed. Still got Slater to come back as well. Scary thought.

I think they are playing right now better than the cows have played this year.

Latest posts