What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we rate melbourne?

Kiwi

First Grade
gaterooze said:
Always did rate the Storm this year. Bellamy is the kind of coach who can keep a team together despite losing a few "star" players.

He sure knows how to get the best from his unsung forwards.

Can't wait till he returns to the Broncos.

Inferno said:
Agreed. Still got Slater to come back as well. Scary thought.

I think they are playing right now better than the cows have played this year.

We have also got Jamie Feeney and Ben Cross sitting waiting for a shot as well..along with Smith Samau And Sam Tagataese who are both promising youngsters waiting for a chance...bring them on I say. Sam T is a bloody giant and Samau is a promising back with good skills.

Earl

Coach
Scott Anderson a young prop, was ready for first grade at the start of this year, but missed out due to injury. He is just now making his comeback through Norths Devils.

Moffo

Referee
storm have a great team, rate them, but i can see the more experienced forward packs dominating them in the big games

will make 2nd-3rd week of semis

LESStar58

Referee
$$TaHU4VerLoVe!&!&$ said:
terrrible team, they play good 4 sum time then cant play 2nd half of the season, fitzy was right, kick em out of the comp

*slaps you good*

We'll go close. I think last night showed that. Let people write us off...its more an excuse to stick it up the doubters!

We have one of the brightest prospects in the game on fire and looking at an Origin jersey. When Slater and Webster compliment the backs we have possibly THE backline of the competition. Even without Crocker we have one of the best back rows in the comp and a hooker who is rated the best Queenland #9 since Steve Walters.

Oh, and our coach is the best in the NRL!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Storm are looking very good and IF they can maintain top spot then they will be very hard to beat in the playoffs down in melbourne.

They finally seem to have got rid of the inconsistency in their game (switching off for 20 minutes at a time) and their young pack looks hungry as. Barring injuries and keeping their good structure of play they will finish top 3 and then who knows. Go the Storm!

storm have always had a great team but could never get past the prem finals but now orford is gone im sure they will be in the grand final hopefully up against the tigers ;-)

shadow grinder

First Grade
joel caine number 1 fan said:
storm have always had a great team but could never get past the prem finals but now orford is gone im sure they will be in the grand final hopefully up against the tigers ;-)

never get past the prem finals...except in 99.

Earl

Coach
Too be fair Shadow Grinder, comparing our current team to the 99 team is abit like chalk and cheese.

We a coached better, and our playing roster is far superior.

Quite frankly anything other than a premiershp will be a failure.

LESStar58

Referee
joel caine number 1 fan said:

Well said!

:clap:

wittyz chick

Coach
I'm a massive Parra fan but I rate Melbourne very highly. I disagree with Fitzy I believe they should be kept in the comp. I also head out to Melbourne away games [as long as it doesn't clash with Parra] they play some great footy.

shadow grinder

First Grade
i love it when people dont rate us.

eels fans keep it up! its very funny. esp when you guys are only on 6 points....

BWNB

First Grade
Rate Melboure very highly , its a shame they dont draw crowds down there if they were in sydney the would get 20,000 every game.
Melboure dont have the big names but are coached very well.
There forward pack isnt very reconised and they dont have the superstars like
Gallen, Thompson , Latu , Kingston ,Williams , Miava , Ross , Covell , Vagana and Dykes
In saying that at the end of last year i thought they would struggle with the loss of Orford and Bell , it seems they have only got stronger.

wittyz chick

Coach
shadow grinder said:
hopefully the crowds can grow upto 13,000 this year....and when we get a new ground we can get much higher.

If I lived in Melbourne I'd be there. You guys will go far this year!

Raider_69

Post Whore
good team, should do well but will not win the comp... id liken them to abit like the raiders team of 2003... will do well in the comp, top 4 for sure, but in the end, they will not win the comp, they are premiership pretenders

Latest posts