What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

Bazal

Post Whore
Could be, or could be that those causes aren’t as trendy as defending gay rights

If Folau is allowed back there will be visable protests at every game he plays. People will holding up signs whilst dressed as rainbows. They’ll be parading themselves all over Twitter/insta so everyone can see how much they care. And hey I’m all for that, protest away!

Yet have we ever seen that against any of the guys I mentioned?

In my experience banners saying stuff like "Matt Lodge is a vicious merkin who should be caged like an animal, stomp his balls!" tend to get confiscated more often than a simple rainbow.

I don't believe they are equal comparisons. And if you don't believe domestic violence is also "trendy" (which is a whole can of worms I'll let through to the keeper) then I'm not sure you've been watching much news over the last few years. Which is understandable for the record, I absolutely do my best to avoid it most of the time.

mozza91

Coach
His f**ked up views aside who would think signing a bloke who hasn’t played in the NRL for over 10 years is a good idea?

BadnMean

Juniors
Could be, or could be that those causes aren’t as trendy as defending gay rights

If Folau is allowed back there will be visable protests at every game he plays. People will holding up signs whilst dressed as rainbows. They’ll be parading themselves all over Twitter/insta so everyone can see how much they care. And hey I’m all for that, protest away!

Yet have we ever seen that against any of the guys I mentioned?

Or the others were such open & shut cases of douchebaggery that there was no need for long threads, whereas there are still a few people willing to go in to bat for Issy's right to denigrate other people. Publicly. Even when he promises not to. I reckon the thread length has more to do with that.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Either way it’s an interesting case. I’m surprised it’s got this far, guess the NRL are checking the legalities/ sponsors view before ruling on it. I’m not sure the Dragons have enough pull to get this across the line. If it was a couple of other long standing Sydney clubs I have no doubts He’d be a much better chance of gracing the field this year.

Do QANTAS sponsor the NRL at all? Or is Joyce too busy getting deals done with Emirates to look into it?

Bazal

Post Whore
Or the others were such open & shut cases of douchebaggery that there was no need for long threads, whereas there are still a few people willing to go in to bat for Issy's right to denigrate other people. Publicly. Even when he promises not to. I reckon the thread length has more to do with that.

Also this.

Not many people will publicly argue against a wife beater being a f**khead. As much as there are no doubt quite a few boomers out there who are still cool with it, it makes them look bad to come out and say that.

Plenty of folks will happily defend bigotry and verbal denigration though cos free speech and snowflakes and whatever.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Also this.

Not many people will publicly argue against a wife beater being a f**khead. As much as there are no doubt quite a few boomers out there who are still cool with it, it makes them look bad to come out and say that.

Plenty of folks will happily defend bigotry and verbal denigration though cos free speech and snowflakes and whatever.

Genuine question. If the Eels signed Folau what would you do?

Bazal

Post Whore
Genuine question. If the Eels signed Folau what would you do?

Much like I said on that forum when Lodge was floated as being a target, I'd support the team but I couldn't support Folau.

How do you manage that? Do you just abuse the merkin as though he's an opponent? Dunno. We'd find out if it happened I suppose.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Much like I said on that forum when Lodge was floated as being a target, I'd support the team but I couldn't support Folau.

How do you manage that? Do you just abuse the merkin as though he's an opponent? Dunno. We'd find out if it happened I suppose.

Yeah it is tough, I’m assuming that’s the same way you feel when your 7 has the ball?

Game_Breaker

Coach
Either way it’s an interesting case. I’m surprised it’s got this far, guess the NRL are checking the legalities/ sponsors view before ruling on it. I’m not sure the Dragons have enough pull to get this across the line. If it was a couple of other long standing Sydney clubs I have no doubts He’d be a much better chance of gracing the field this year.

Do QANTAS sponsor the NRL at all? Or is Joyce too busy getting deals done with Emirates to look into it?

Here's a live shot from NRL headquarters

wearing-that-much-safety-gear-means-this-wasnt-their-first-failing-attempt

The_Frog

First Grade

If Folau is allowed back there will be visable protests at every game he plays. People will holding up signs whilst dressed as rainbows.
As long as they pay at the gate and don't start fights, its all good. Bringing people back to the game.

Dodgy

Juniors
Personally, I empathise with any homosexual's internal turmoil in dealing with their sexuality.

But I tire in having to account for it in every area of everyday life.

Folau should play if there's a possibility, and without incrimination.

Nerd

Bench
Nah Folau is just trouble looking for somewhere to happen. I also can't believe there is much of a market for 30 year old has been ex Union players in the NRL.

Vozzy

Juniors
He is probably not the only person working/playing in the NRL that voted no to gay rights also he made his anti-gay remarks in a church where the majority would have the same view as him. I'm against his opinion on the topic but he has the right to have his opinion.

His f**ked up views aside who would think signing a bloke who hasn’t played in the NRL for over 10 years is a good idea?
IF it happens, I suspect it will turn out like the Latell Souths move last year... Lots of critics, poor fittness and game awareness early on, hits form late and talked about what a great signing then injuried.

Perth Red

Post Whore
f**k Folau. Dragons are a disgrace and like all clubs need to wake up to the fact they are part of something bigger than themselves and should do what’s right for the nrl. Hope he signs and all their sponsors walk, might be the lesson clubs need to wake the f**k up!