What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Rate Benji Marshall?

Do You Rate Benji Marshall?

• Yes

Votes: 123 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 16.3%

• Total voters

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
While we are at it lets start a do you rate Andrew Johns thread? Better not do you rate Braith Anasta? Anthony Minichello? Brett Hodgson? Mark Gasnier? Matt King? Luke Covell? Nathan Hindmarsh? Sonny Bill Williams?

Raider_69

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
Odds on the thread author is one.

theres 3 now...
threads such as this should be used for selective culling of the human population. Anyone voting no surely is to stupid to be blessed with life on this planet.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
People have pretty short memories.. watch last years finals and then say he is a bad defender... Prince is worse than Marshall when both are fit in defense.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
While we are at it lets start a do you rate Andrew Johns thread? Better not do you rate Braith Anasta? Anthony Minichello? Brett Hodgson? Mark Gasnier? Matt King? Luke Covell? Nathan Hindmarsh? Sonny Bill Williams?

:lol: love the way this bloke slides in Luke Covell around all these top class names, thinking no one will notice... the blokes name sticks out like dogs balls

well in BBSF:lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:
:lol: love the way this bloke slides in Luke Covell around all these top class names, thinking no one will notice... the blokes name sticks out like dogs balls

well in BBSF:lol:

Dickhead doesnt realize its actually more of an insult to Covell, placing him among those names....than actually just coming straight out and insulting him.

Nuffies on the Wests board do it with Fitzhenry as well.....magnify everything the guy does x 1000.

Credit where credit is due, but overating just for the hell of it is as bad as unwarranted bagging imo.

Balmain_Boy

innsaneink said:
Dickhead doesnt realize its actually more of an insult to Covell, placing him among those names....than actually just coming straight out and insulting him.

Nuffies on the Wests board do it with Fitzhenry as well.....magnify everything the guy does x 1000.

Credit where credit is due, but overating just for the hell of it is as bad as unwarranted bagging imo.

Absolutely spot on.

salivor

First Grade
Of course you have to rate Marshall though I do think he is overhyped by almost every section of the media.

Forget about defense, coaches are prepared to have a dodgy link or so in their defensive lineup when they can win a game with just 1 or 2 bits of magic in 80 minutes.

The only real critism that I have of Benji is that he goes missing in large portions of the game. Sure some of that has been due to injury in last nights game and the shoulder in the back end of last season but if that kid every puts it together for 80 minutes then the opposition is going to be lucky to stay within 30-40 points of the Tigers.

Balmain_Boy

salivor said:
Of course you have to rate Marshall though I do think he is overhyped by almost every section of the media.

Forget about defense, coaches are prepared to have a dodgy link or so in their defensive lineup when they can win a game with just 1 or 2 bits of magic in 80 minutes.

The only real critism that I have of Benji is that he goes missing in large portions of the game. Sure some of that has been due to injury in last nights game and the shoulder in the back end of last season but if that kid every puts it together for 80 minutes then the opposition is going to be lucky to stay within 30-40 points of the Tigers.

I tend to agree. I suspect (and hope) it's just an age thing. Given time I think he'll amp it up and get involved a lot more often. I'd like to see him setting up the odd simple try with a good short ball or a cut out pass instead of the 1 freakish thing he does each game.

I'm confident that will come with time though.

Parra Guru

Coach
Pretty silly not to rate him. I admire his guts on the field, and yes it would be tough to mark up on Gasnier with a Shoulder and Cheek injury.

Latest posts