What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Andrew Voss back

Do you want Andrew Voss back

• Yes

Votes: 426 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 16.5%

• Total voters

Snappy

Coach
Hosting the Roast - sure, it's not the same show without him.

Commentating? I'm willing to give Hadley a go. He put his hand up on Monday and identified his weaknesses and says he'll rectify them. If he tones it down a notch or two I think he'll actually turn out better than Voss.

When watching the replay on Fridays game I notced that Raaayyyy constantly reffered to a wing/winger and a wing three-quater.

In 25 years watching footy Ive never heard that term used for a winger rather only centres. Is it old school or is he just wrong ?

gUt

Coach
TBH he's a rugby league nerd and there's nothing wrong with that. So while segments like Things You Might Have Missed with him presenting were like pulling teeth, his calling or discussing the game were fine.

Sure he's got an eminently punchable face but he can't help his genes.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
I wanted him out cause I thought he was terrible. But after listening to Ray Hadley I realised how wrong I was with Vossy.

Bring back Vossy!!!

...also Bring back Mark Braybrooke on Fox.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
I heard a rumour last year from a staffer inside Channel 9 that they are grooming a new commentator by the name of Tim Gilbert.

I asked him if he was serious and he said, "Sadly, I am"

Crap, Gilbert is horrible. Better than Ray Hadley though.

Anything to get Ray Hadley off TV.

Voss is boss btw.

This post was brought to you by:

00045111-leadimage.jpg

firechild

First Grade
When watching the replay on Fridays game I notced that Raaayyyy constantly reffered to a wing/winger and a wing three-quater.

In 25 years watching footy Ive never heard that term used for a winger rather only centres. Is it old school or is he just wrong ?

Centres and wingers are the 3/4 line (i.e. half way between the halfback and fullback - then the 5/8 is between the half and 3/4 line). One of the turkeys on Fox always refers to them as centre 3/4 and wing 3/4.

Big Pete

Referee
Centres and wingers are the 3/4 line (i.e. half way between the halfback and fullback - then the 5/8 is between the half and 3/4 line). One of the turkeys on Fox always refers to them as centre 3/4 and wing 3/4.

Braybrook.

The skeepe of commentators.

chrisD

Coach
The dopey merkin would just start seeing and commentating on shit that wasn't actually happening. Just plain bizarre.

Braybrook.

The skeepe of commentators.

Braybrook>>>>> Daley

Daley just throws in annoying buzz words that he repeats at least 60 times during the broadcast, "all they need is enerrrrggyyy".

Even worse is when he states the f**king obvious, "oh they need to score hear to get in front" or "oh he should have made that tackle". :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Is there any good commentators in the NRL ?

turbodewd

Juniors
I cant stand Ray Hadley but his is an excellent commentator. Hearing him on the Bris v NQld game was refreshing, he knows league and calls it well. Unlike Ray Warren who often gets players names wrong and babbles at times. Voss is also good.

Darren Lockyer on the sideline is hopeless, not only is his voice hard to understand at times, but his command of English is yuckytons!

firechild

First Grade
I cant stand Ray Hadley but his is an excellent commentator. Hearing him on the Bris v NQld game was refreshing, he knows league and calls it well. Unlike Ray Warren who often gets players names wrong and babbles at times. Voss is also good.

Darren Lockyer on the sideline is hopeless, not only is his voice hard to understand at times, but his command of English is yuckytons!

If you spend the rest of your weekend watching sky racing then I can see why you enjoy Raaaaaaay's commentary.

Blokes like Tallis and Lockyer appeal to the QLD population because they talk slow and make little sense. People with a good command of the English language tend to threaten Queenslanders.

flippikat

Bench
It's interesting reading the debate from New Zealand, not knowing the whole backstory of personalities & their feuds - interesting stuff.

I agree with the comments that Hadley's style is too descriptive, too much like a radio commentary - but how long has it been since the guy last had a TV commentary job? He just needs to adapt to the medium, and if he's not been on TV for a while it's easy to understand radio commentary habits being hard to break.

I'm willing to give him a chance to adapt to TV - but at the same time, the Thursday night footy show and Sunday Roast have really missed Voss - Tim Gilbert on the roast just isn't interesting.

Latest posts