What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Andrew Voss back

Do you want Andrew Voss back

• Yes

Votes: 426 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 16.5%

• Total voters
First of all put him back in the main seat on the Roast. Even without MG and Gus, Voss has the essential ability to hold the show together through the dull moments.

Vossy really has a comedic value that I enjoy, rather than the Mr & Mrs grumpy routine that is Rabs and Gus and Hadley whos as funny as a toenail. Wish there were more callers like Voss who does much more than just "call the game". The more people listen to Hadley's machine gun droning commentary the more they will miss Voss's departure from nine.

Hooch

Juniors
I heard a rumour last year from a staffer inside Channel 9 that they are grooming a new commentator by the name of Tim Gilbert.

I asked him if he was serious and he said, "Sadly, I am"

:lol: :crazy:

I knew this was on the cards once they dumped Voss and started talking about freakin Sterlo as a caller.

If thats the best they can dish up they are truly stagnant. What an incestuous work environment it must be there.

All we can really take from this is Gyngell must f**king hate Andrew Voss. I wouldn't be surprised if words were said somewhere, and it's not hard to imagine a self-important toss like two-chin Gynge getting rubbed the wrong way by someone like Voss.

undertaker

Coach
:lol: :crazy:

I knew this was on the cards once they dumped Voss and started talking about freakin Sterlo as a caller.

If thats the best they can dish up they are truly stagnant. What an incestuous work environment it must be there.

All we can really take from this is Gyngell must f**king hate Andrew Voss. I wouldn't be surprised if words were said somewhere, and it's not hard to imagine a self-important toss like two-chin Gynge getting rubbed the wrong way by someone like Voss.

Regarding Gyngell, a shame there's always a rotten egg in a dozen as his brother Kim was very talented on The Comedy Company and Full Frontal.

And regarding Ch9 being an "Old Boys club", that has been known well before Gyngell became CEO. Remember when Eddie McGuire was CEO and the whole "boned" incident with Jessica Rowe? As well as a lot of other well-respected personalities at the station that were treated very poorly because they weren't one of the boys? The work environment of Ch9 is summed up by the title of Bruce Springsteen's latest song "We look after our own".

Last edited:

Packy

Bench
If you can, check out Voss on Sunday in the QLD cup. He was excellent last week and I imagine will continue to be so. He knew all the players and even some history on them. Rabs and Hadley would be calling the players by numbers and teams by colours.

That is a professional.

He can be a smug jerk at times, but so can most of us here, and we aren't gifted with a fantastic RL job to kite our egos.

Hadley can ggf. Unfortunately he will be the caller for all the Bronco/QLD team live games I imagine so QLD fans get to cop a big dick in our areseholes.

Lambretta

First Grade
I thought the absence of Voss was a "this game is in Queensland so we'll use local people" thing. I thought the call between Broncos and Cowboys was pretty average and actually zoned out completely. I can't believe they got rid of Voss. What the f**k was their logic?

"Quick, f**k him off, he can tell the difference between black fellahs and actually knows what's going on. He's making everyone else look incompetant. What we need is another washed up old f**king hack but make sure you get the one with the most over inflated ego in the country".

"Ray Hadley is available"

"f**king tops" I smell another "Channel 9 is being run by AFL merkins" behind this outrage.

How they can keep that odious turd Fats, bring in the even more odious Hadley and f**k off Vossy is beyond reason. Channel 9 are doing their best to destroy the creibilty of league so they have to pay less for it's content.

Don't fall for their shithouse tactics.

gUt

Coach
If you can, check out Voss on Sunday in the QLD cup. He was excellent last week and I imagine will continue to be so. He knew all the players and even some history on them. Rabs and Hadley would be calling the players by numbers and teams by colours.

That is a professional.

He can be a smug jerk at times, but so can most of us here, and we aren't gifted with a fantastic RL job to kite our egos.

Hadley can ggf. Unfortunately he will be the caller for all the Bronco/QLD team live games I imagine so QLD fans get to cop a big dick in our areseholes.

This.

Except my husband has a small one.

Brutus

Referee
How can anyone take Ray Hadley seriously during his spot on the Footy Show? He looks as though he's trying his best to act as though he gives a stuff about the issues put up for debate.

Yet he gets a whole weekend to discuss these same issues on his radio show and what does he do?

Pathetic. Give me Voss any day.

roboshark

Coach
Please leave him in Siberia where he belongs.....pleeeeeeese

I have been wishing for the day he disappears forever

00digger00

Juniors
Last night was the first time I heard Hadley call a game this year. Man it was bad! I was firing up more at him than the ref. He was calling players by there numbers....

mongoose

Coach
Yes, Voss is passionate about the game, knows all the players and watches their form closely. He doesnt have as much energy and excitement in his call as Rabs but he's still 100 times better than Hadley.

There's no doubt Hadley is a top commentator. For radio. Imo you'd be playing the man not the ball to say otherwise (he's an utter f**kwit, yes).

Can he adapt his style? We don't need or want every ball movement called on TV, we can bloody see it!

The are partially sighted people listening to the commentary, and blind societies have asked commentators to explain more. They may be there with their families and radio is out of time with the TV broadcast even when both are live. And on delay?? Well.

I quite like Ray Hadley commentating, there are so few that I like commentating. I suppose I like extremes, either be understated like Mark Braybrook, which I like, or OTT like Hadley which as I've said I like.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
No. Keep him away from the commentary box and off our TV screens. The guy is an ego-maniac who believes he is apart the "show" when commentating. Poor man's commentator. On the outer with Channel Nine and for good reason. See him on Fox Sports screens in the near future.

bobmar28

Bench
What happened to Vossy? Who knows but about 6 months ago some right wing radio jock advised his listeners to boycott 7 news due to some perceived left wing bias. Many switched their allegiance to 9 and guess what? Hadley got a gig at nine.

Latest posts