What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Andrew Voss back

Do you want Andrew Voss back

• Yes

Votes: 426 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 16.5%

• Total voters

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Imagine this scenario,

You work at Corporation X.

You didn't like what one of your workmate said about you ( Mr A), so you took to facebook twitter, the web, local paper etc, and launched a tirade of abuse at Mr A.

Mr A lawyered up and sued you, you admit you were wrong and pay Mr A $2000 for the hurt you have caused.

Do you think that Corporation X, would sack you ?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Remind me of wwe. The hands down best caller available is doing reserve grades. It's a joke. Case in point, Cows score last night at like 77 minutes or so, we know the game is a foregone conclusion, but it's up to Hadley to add some excitement, rather than a goddamn monotone "yep, that was a try."

Reason I've only seen about 6 broncos games this season.

Didnt see the first half of the match, but managed to see this bit and I thought to myself, gee dont get too excited Raaayyyy. :roll:

Really a poor display of commentary, to not add any excitement in a crucial part of the game and young player scores a hattrick in a semi final is pretty pathetic.

In comparison to the Fox Sports version with Smith and Daley much better commentary.

I mean I feel for Vossy. Couldve had a good call in last nights match. Being 3rd caller sure does suck, especially when the bloke in front of you is a p1ss poor TV commentator.

Imagine this scenario,

You didn't like what one of your workmate said about you ( Mr A), so you took to facebook twitter, the web, local paper etc, and launched a tirade of abuse at Mr A.

Mr A lawyered up and sued you, you admit you were wrong and pay Mr A $2000 for the hurt you have caused.

It's actually worse than that.

Hadley wasn't working at nine at the time of the incident.

So nine have actually targeted someone who abused and defamed their current no.2 caller , to replace said caller.

Brutus

Referee
Was talking to a mate today who said that when it was put to Ray on his 2GB show yesterday whether he would be calling Toyota Cup on GF day, his response was a long pause followed by "I don't do Toyota Cup".

Hadley has about as much passion for RL as Gillion McLoofy.

Last edited:

Bretto

Bench
Imagine this scenario,

I have little doubt that Voss will be sacked after this. I hope he takes 9 to the cleaners for unfair dismissal too. Hopefully Fox have the smarts to pick him up and put him in the top commentator role.

Brutus

Referee
Vossy will go well leading the 2UE coverage next year before heading up Fox's coverage the following year.

undertaker

Coach
I have little doubt that Voss will be sacked after this. I hope he takes 9 to the cleaners for unfair dismissal too. Hopefully Fox have the smarts to pick him up and put him in the top commentator role.

It's very easy to talk about unfair dismissal, but the reality is that the unfair dismissal laws in this country are very...sketchy, not to say the last

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
If your a contracted employee I don't think you can sue if your contract is not renewed

Be like Steve Kearney suing for unfair dismissal

It's different to most of us on payg employment

He wouldn't sue anyway.

Taking a radio host to court is one thing , taking an employer to court in an industry as small ( ie. few employment options ) is another thing.

Perhaps if he was 60 odd , but he's still got a good 20-30 years work ahead of him.

Hooch

Juniors
He subpoenaed private emails from Gyngell to Hadley?

If anyone here actually thinks Voss has any future whatsover at 9, give yourself an uppercut.

Voss was gone the moment he brought this suit. Surely he must know that.

He subpoenaed private emails from Gyngell to Hadley?

If anyone here actually thinks Voss has any future whatsover at 9, give yourself an uppercut.

Voss was gone the moment he brought this suit. Surely he must know that.

Pretty sure he brought The suit after nine employed Hadley to do the 2nd fri game , so he may have figured there was nothing to lose at that stage.

Quidgybo

Bench
If he's out of contract at the end of this season (ie. within weeks) why on earth would they sack him?

Leigh.

bartman

Immortal
Good on Voss for winning this one. Hadley is a grub.

The six figure settlement should help Voss get by if he's not renewed at 9, and hopefully we'll hear him commentate on Fox a lot next season (given they have money to spend with Daley's departure).

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Love it how selfish pricks like ray and rabs think it is their god given right to never let anyone else call the game

Rabs is 69 doesn't research any of the game

They could use him sparingly. For say the all star game and city country a a tribute to him , but leave the nrl to voss and w smith

bobmar28

Bench
Do you really think that David Gygrell gives a f**k what you want? lol.....He's running the network......He's in the top job lol, he's an arrogant prick but he's made the right call on this one, Hadley should stay....

Rubbish, if Vossy is not back next season I will mute the TV and tune in to the ABC call team.

undertaker

Coach
Love it how selfish pricks like ray and rabs think it is their god given right to never let anyone else call the game

100% agree with this Cumberland Throw. Most people work to live; these people are amongst the elite few who live to work. With these shock-jock type of people, it's not so much about the money as it is about pride and ego. Do you really think someone like Ray would let someone fill in for him on 2GB for experience? Come on, this is the same guy who had to go to hospital a year or two ago, came home after midnight only to wake up at 3:45am to go to work. Narcissism runs rife in people like him. They simply don't give a rat's arse about anyone and lack empathy

Rabs is 69 doesn't research any of the game

Rabs, as good of a caller as he was 10 years ago, is well and truly past his useby date and is ruining his legacy by continuing his current schtick of forgetting players names (which is what he's paid to do) ad nauseum, and not doing any research. Yes, like Richie Benaud with cricket, it will be a sad day when Rabs calls it quits, but his calling has dramatically declined since the beginning of the current tv rights in 2007. I'd be extremely surprised if he sees out the next tv rights deal. Remember, in 2017 he will be 74. I just can't see him doing this 7 months a year at that age, not to mention the health problems he's had recently (e.g. prostate cancer). It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he hangs up the microphone well before then, but by then he will have tarnished his legacy to a degree by "outstaying his welcome"

They could use him sparingly. For say the all star game and city country a a tribute to him , but leave the nrl to voss and w smith

That will never happen. That would be a huge insult to Rabs if Ch9 used him like that and would be reminiscent of when Bob Hope was being wheelchaired out onto stage in his 90s. The audience and people sensed that it was a man who was so desperate to hold onto his glory days from the past.