What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Andrew Voss back

Do you want Andrew Voss back

• Yes

Votes: 426 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 16.5%

• Total voters

undertaker

Coach
Voss probably got enough off Hadley to live off for a few years easily I reckon.

Well, given that the maximium claim on defamation lawsuits in Australia is about $315k and the average person can live comfortably on about $40-50k/year, I'd reckon that given that Voss was happy with the settlement he received, he would've at least got about $200k. So yes, that would be enough for a few years

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
You'd certainly think so by the tweets he's just RT'd.\

edit: could be something to do with Ray Hadley being on ACA saying the government needs to moderate Facebook & Twitter and he is against internet trolls.

Talk about irony.

Last edited:

retch

Juniors
Has he been given the sack?
wIoOG.png

roughneck

Juniors
He subpoenaed private emails from Gyngell to Hadley?

If anyone here actually thinks Voss has any future whatsover at 9, give yourself an uppercut.

Voss was gone the moment he brought this suit. Surely he must know that.

Strange behaviour but somewhat admirable.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Well, given that the maximium claim on defamation lawsuits in Australia is about $315k and the average person can live comfortably on about $40-50k/year, I'd reckon that given that Voss was happy with the settlement he received, he would've at least got about $200k. So yes, that would be enough for a few years

I don't think so.. You have to consider people like Voss have far more expensive lifestyles than the average punter... He probably has a million dollar plus mortgage rather than the average $300K.. Multiple cars, kids in expensive private schools.. People like that need $300K a year minimum to sustain their current lifestyle..

You'd certainly think so by the tweets he's just RT'd.\

edit: could be something to do with Ray Hadley being on ACA saying the government needs to moderate Facebook & Twitter and he is against internet trolls.

Talk about irony.

Its got to be the ultimate in pot calling the kettle black moments.

Honestly , what sort of a narcissist do you have to be to complain about twitter trolls the same week you have paid someone for defaming them on the public airwaves?!

It's stunning , just stunning.

undertaker

Coach
Classic Raaaaaay here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd34psmWFK0

I'm not a fan of Rob Oakeshott either, but I laugh when I listen to Ray in this clip and then hearing him trying to accuse other people of bullying and trolling him on his "imaginary" twitter account. Yeah Ray, cutting people off because they don't agree with your opinion neither makes you right nor tough! Funny how the caller accused him of bullying

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
I don't think so.. You have to consider people like Voss have far more expensive lifestyles than the average punter... He probably has a million dollar plus mortgage rather than the average $300K.. Multiple cars, kids in expensive private schools.. People like that need $300K a year minimum to sustain their current lifestyle..

Given that he's a Souffs supporter, he probably lives in a run-down crapshack in Redfern for all you know:lol::lol: (maybe someone on this forum knows where he lives) What makes you think he is living in somewhere extravagant like Point Piper? He's only 46

Also, I highly doubt Voss, although was well paid at Ch9, is living the high-flying Warrick Capper-type lifestyle that you are intimating. I met him at a match back in 2000 and in the five minute convo I had with him before kickoff (he was sideline commentator that day), he came across as a very friendly and plain person who didn't appear to be fazed by life's riches.

P.S. OT, Fox was recently showing the 1995 Knights/Sharks Semi-Final (the one where Matty Johns kicked the winning FG) and Voss was doing some sideline duties that day(he did the post-game interviews). Man, his voice was very high-pitched back then . At least he's developed a lot of bass in his voice since then, unlike the grating level 10 treble voice Raaaaaaaaaaay has.

Last edited:

retch

Juniors
Blaming the deleted retweet on his son was cute...

Until his contract expires... perhaps he'd just formally been told it won't be renewed, or he won't get a call on GF day?

Usually if a big company wants to get rid of you they give you a shit job and hope you will leave.

It then stops the HR bods going through process of sacking you.

I'd say Vossy has a shit job right now.

Norths Tiger

Juniors
Vossy lives around Hunters Hill or so I think?

They just had the replay of Sharks Knights from 95 on this morning but didn't see it all; was Voss definitely on the call of that game? Blocker was on the sideline but don't know if Voss was. Thought Voss was only on Qld games at that time?

aads

Juniors
Usually if a big company wants to get rid of you they give you a shit job and hope you will leave.

It then stops the HR bods going through process of sacking you.

I'd say Vossy has a shit job right now.

"Constructive dismissal" it is called

Ads

Flapper

First Grade
Classic Raaaaaay here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd34psmWFK0

I'm not a fan of Rob Oakeshott either, but I laugh when I listen to Ray in this clip and then hearing him trying to accuse other people of bullying and trolling him on his "imaginary" twitter account. Yeah Ray, cutting people off because they don't agree with your opinion neither makes you right nor tough! Funny how the caller accused him of bullying

The best I heard was when he had Tony Abbott on imploring him to abuse Rob Oakeshott live on air, then not 5 minutes later getting stuck into Sunrise for saying something negative about Abbott.

It's only bullying with that bellend if they're attacking his mates or him.