What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 108 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 115 51.6%

• Total voters

Avenger

Immortal
Either way, signing someone after Rd 5 is poor. Its just over a month into the season and virtually admitting that you got it wrong in the off season.
Exactly. The other thing that shits me is that Arthur had plenty of chances to sign a ton of forwards and even a good half and dump Norman who has been shit for a while now and did f**k all.

Bazal

Post Whore
I have, in the last 5 or so weeks really ramped up my speed for walking. I was averaging about 11 minutes per km and as of tonight i averaged 8:24, with my fastest split of 8:12.......i am way too big to try and run but i figure the higher intensity should be much better for me.

Thanks for the advice too. The reason to get the gym station thing is for that reason, weights is something i have just never had time for because i hate gyms and in the past haven't had the room for a gym room but i have plenty of room in my house now.

My assumption has always been that 120 is where my body (regardless of what science etc. says) is at its most comfortable and losing say 20 more kilo's would be ideal for me short of becoming a meth addict i don't think i would ever be able to get under 100.

Yeah I can't run long distances because my knee is shot. Bike is good, you can burn a decent amount of calories on a stationary bike. I don't even red-line and I get about 700-800 calories an hour (although I don't cycle for the full hour, I'd probably die lol). Plus it's good for developing your leg muscles a bit without having to do squats or anything too intense.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yeah I can't run long distances because my knee is shot. Bike is good, you can burn a decent amount of calories on a stationary bike. I don't even red-line and I get about 700-800 calories an hour (although I don't cycle for the full hour, I'd probably die lol). Plus it's good for developing your leg muscles a bit without having to do squats or anything too intense.
I can get a good 900 calories/hour by moon walking.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I know what i have to do to lose weight (pretty much stop eating) but the willpower to actually do that is an extremely hard mindset.

I don't drink or smoke and i am ridiculously active for someone my size and it is a constant battle in my head to fight off eating. I'm not even hungry, i can happily miss meals and not give a shit (whereas my wife weights about 60kgs and gets hangry when she doesn't have lunch by 12 and doesn't exercise one bit) i eat because i get in my own head.

I think i would rather be addicted to meth or something because at least then shopping for clothes would be a breeze!

Mate missing meals or stop eating is a big no no if you want to drop some weight.

in between your main three (healthy) daily meals, try and snack on some nuts, or a piece of fruit or some yogurt, that way you eating 6-7 times a day so to speak. Increase fibre and drink lots of water, stay clear of fried or junk food, up the veggie content

Agree with Bazal with intensity and Resistance training, will go a huge way

Remember baby steps, Im sure you didn't gain a lot of weight overnight, and it wont disappear overnight either

Avenger

Immortal
What do you guys think about Arthur allowing his teenage son in the coach’s box during the game against Cronulla? A little unprofessional ?

Bazal

Post Whore
You could do it in the game-day-threads thread, it kinda fits. And no one's talking about game-day threads in there anyway.

We could talk gameday watches!

I only have a Seiko and an American automatic thing that I won.

Although I have a pocket watch, that would lift any outfit.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Mate missing meals or stop eating is a big no no if you want to drop some weight.

in between your main three (healthy) daily meals, try and snack on some nuts, or a piece of fruit or some yogurt, that way you eating 6-7 times a day so to speak. Increase fibre and drink lots of water, stay clear of fried or junk food, up the veggie content

Agree with Bazal with intensity and Resistance training, will go a huge way

Remember baby steps, Im sure you didn't gain a lot of weight overnight, and it wont disappear overnight either
Google intermittent fasting and ketogenic diet.

If you stick with it your body burns your fat rather than excess sugar.

Very effective for weight loss.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Exactly. The other thing that shits me is that Arthur had plenty of chances to sign a ton of forwards and even a good half and dump Norman who has been shit for a while now and did f**k all.

Really what forwards that were available should he have signed for 2018?

Latest posts