What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

IFR33K

Coach
I am sure there are rookie coaches that will become great coaches....and there may be a time we need to take a chance on 1.

But are we really that desperate at this stage to risk a rookie ?

Yep we all want to win the comp but BA hasn’t got us declining or stagnating. Yeah a couple of shit losses but we are sitting 3rd on target for another top 4 finish. The squad is improving...

The last time we changed a coach who had us as regular finalists and good pathway systems in place for a coach that could win us a coach ended with a 10 year nightmare.....,Smith for Hagan.....

2017: loss loss

2018: spoon

2019: win loss

2020 loss loss.

Maybe our definition of stagnate is different. They’re our last few seasons and semi final performances. I don’t see improvement. We’ve failed to make week 3 of the semis after decent seasons.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

2020 loss loss.

Maybe our definition of stagnate is different. They’re our last few seasons and semi final performances. I don’t see improvement. We’ve failed to make week 3 of the semis after decent seasons.
We’ve improved but whether we can take the next step beyond where we’ve been for the last 2.5 seasons remains to be seen.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

2020 loss loss.

or I am looking at:

2018 - spoon
2019 - 5th
2020 - 4th
2021 - currently 3rd (obviously more footy to be played)

Then our actual playing squad has improved each year since 2018.

Our squad for 2022 will be even better, Mahoney/Drown getting closer to 100 games. Forwards still strong. And finally some young backs coming into the squad.

And yes it’s frustrating and I am want a premiership now too. But I see gradual improvements not stagnation

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Also winning a comp takes luck, we had no luck in our 2020 finals campaign especially going into the South’s game....

Basically losing our whole backline

Hopefully that happens to our opposition in our 2021 finals campaign and BA will finally be able to coach ...

84 Baby

Referee

2020 loss loss.

I don’t think stagnating was the right word. We’re kinda stuck in a not bad position. But that can mean we get comfortable there and eventually other teams will overtake us. Towards the back end of the season, I’d like us to throw some energy into the group, whether we give Ryan Carr a bit more say (I’m throwing the rumour I’ve heard out there - he’s seen as the hair apparent), drop a youngster in (I think Greig might be the energiser we need - as in give him more game time) or a group of fans do something loud and different (as much as I don’t want to give them acknowledgment the Canbra clap and Parra Jesus each gave a boost in their own ways)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don’t think stagnating was the right word. We’re kinda stuck in a not bad position. But that can mean we get comfortable there and eventually other teams will overtake us. Towards the back end of the season, I’d like us to throw some energy into the group,

yeah I am keen to see how we finish the season, last year we did come into the finals pretty flat after a good start.

And BA has basically mentioned a few times this year that we want to be playing our best footy at the end of the year not at the start of the year.

Sort of indicating it’s something that they have looked at.....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

2020 loss loss.

There is no granularity in the indicators you've chosen. Look at points differential or even wins/losses.

Differential (per game, to adjust for different numbers of games)
2014: -4.3
2015: -5.2
2016: +0.8
2017: +1.6
2018: -7.3
2019: +2.5
2020: +5.2
2021: +9.3

We're definitely building. The only concerning year, for mine, was 2018. But we seem to have moved on from it well.

84 Baby

Referee
yeah I am keen to see how we finish the season, last year we did come into the finals pretty flat after a good start.

And BA has basically mentioned a few times this year that we want to be playing our best footy at the end of the year not at the start of the year.

Sort of indicating it’s something that they have looked at.....
I think we’ve been underprepared since the Canberra game with the exception of the Rorters game.
Whether this is just coincidence/being shit or a preconceived plan/being shit, I don’t know. And then whether it will work out for us will be determined down the track.

Again whether this shit period actually has any influence on end results, we’ll never truly know.

But I’ve always been a big proponent of leaving something in the tank for finals, even into grand final. I once underplayed a guy in his best position all season against our eventual finals opponents. We won the semi under weather based circumstances and then that guy almost dragged us through prelim against a team that had been thrashing everyone except the team that finished first. I just left him in on to long and he made some late costly errors. That player was me so I’ve never really known how to feel about it. One of my best as a player, one of my worst as a coach.

lingard

Coach
Did you think at the start of the year that we could win a comp? Did anyone on here? Why are we all of a sudden surprised that we aren’t as good as the best.

I think a few people got a Kit Kat in the pants when we strung together some wins and as a result overlooked some of our plop. The plop is much more visible now but it was always there.

It isn't the plop that is being questioned (by anybody): it's the reason(s) for the plop.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It isn't the plop that is being questioned (by anybody): it's the reason(s) for the plop.
It would be, except I think there was some serious peanut butter smears but they were hidden during our winning streak and everyone was planning their trip to Vegas.

Now, after a rude awakening people can suddenly smell plop, despite it being present from the start.

Why is there plop? Why have people just worked out there is plop? If I say plop one more time is that an overuse of the word plop?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Who needs a half, when a half can be broken?

2b04e92d273a0efbdd332b1db566fd797e4c4be6

Latest posts