What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 108 49.1%
  • No

Votes: 112 50.9%

• Total voters

emjaycee

Coach
Round 1 and 2 exits from the finals is wearing thin tbh. Sure it's marginally better than not making the finals at all.

Need to be more than just making the numbers though at this point.

Penrith have risen from a rabble to a smug power house in a couple of years while we're jogging on the spot.
2016 - 2018 Penrith made up the numbers by finishing in the bottom of the 8 (6th and 7th) and going out in the second week of the finals each time. In 2019 they ran 10th. 2020 they lost the GF after beating the Roosters in the QF by a field goal and Souths on the back of Cleary kicking 4/4 vs Reynolds kicking 2/4.

Not sure I would call them a power house just yet.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lol....

Please state these massive financial benefits that only come from winning a premiership, and is it worth spending an extra million dollars a year on high quality coaching staff and head coach??
Everyone loves a winner, especially fans and sponsors. Even the NRL give you money for it.

You said that we are only interested in making money, not winning. I’m just pointing out that the two go hand in hand.

Delboy

First Grade
Any clue of what Matt Johns said the Tele today, for obvious reasons haven’t been too far from the front door so to speak

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Hw should be sacked immediately for just his use of the bench. Why have will Smith playing forward whilst Cartwright is on the bench.

Absolutely no idea

Avenger

Immortal
I’d give him until tonight to say goodbye and pray for a resignation. If not I’d sack him first thing in the morning and release him from the bubble.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
BA may be done (or may not) but you dont sack a coach still coming 4th. Yeah we will probably come 6th and yeah we won’t win it this year.

But its f**ken stupid talk saying sack him now and put assistants in charge who everyone has bagged.

Play out the season then make decisions and appy due process if changing coaches. Thatd what a professional club does.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I’d give him until tonight to say goodbye and pray for a resignation. If not I’d sack him first thing in the morning and release him from the bubble.

Why? Thats f**ken stupid talk!!

He still has us sitting easily sitting in the top 6.

Who replaces him?

Make professional/educated decisions during the offseason. Not stupid decisions like the bottom sides

Avenger

Immortal
Why? Thats f**ken stupid talk!!

He still has us sitting easily sitting in the top 6.

Who replaces him?

Make professional/educated decisions during the offseason. Not stupid decisions like the bottom sides
If you are thinking about a rookie like Carr give him a shot and see how he goes. We did it in 2006 when all was lost and JT got us to the finals.

BA may be done (or may not) but you dont sack a coach still coming 4th. Yeah we will probably come 6th and yeah we won’t win it this year.

But its f**ken stupid talk saying sack him now and put assistants in charge who everyone has bagged.

Play out the season then make decisions and appy due process if changing coaches. Thatd what a professional club does.
I wouldn't put those assistants in charge. If Carr hasn't had input and you think he has something to offer then maybe him. Or you bring in someone like Jason Taylor. It won't happen but if you've decided to put a line through BA, and think a different coach could get more out of us, do you give BA the rest of the season out of loyalty and against your better judgement?

lucablight

First Grade
If we don’t make the grand final this season that will be 7 seasons at the Eels without making a grand final at least once. Has any other coach ever lasted 7 seasons at a club without at least making the grand final?